Sign in to follow this  
bradders

Aston Villa fans Opposition View Q&A Sunday 13th May

As many people on this forum will know that I run AstonVillaToday our feature is Opposition View, I have been a regular visitor to the forum and would like to ask a more indepth Q&A session for this game.

I usually do them a week prior but due to my involvement for the 150mileWalk me and a group of fellow Villians are doing for Charity for Harry Moseley.  Means I will be on the road from Tuesday and wont have the time or resources to hand.  You can read about our journey at www.justgiving.com/Walk150-4H or search this very forum.  A few of Pink''un''s have been in contact and look forward to see some of you that weekend.  I will post the Q&A''s replies this week and keep RT them on twitter.

1.What will the score be between Villa and Norwich?

2. Do you think Villa will avoid the drop?

3.Will Aston Villa get rid of Alex McLeish?

4. Paul Lambert has done an amazing job for Norwich City can you see him leaving in the summer?

5.If Lambert was to leave in summer would Norwich City suffer next season?

6.In recent days media speculation is that Lambert is a target for Aston Villa if AMC was to be relieved of duties?

7.What do Norwich City need to keep them in the Premier League next season?

8.Who has been your best player this season and why?

9.What Villa player would like in your team?

10.Has the game sold out yet? I know Villa have sold their allocation inside the first week

11.Will you be attending the game on Sunday 13th May 2012?

12. What has been your best away day this season and why?

13.I know Norwich City operate a ballot system for away ticket holders is this a fair and effective method?

14.What are your season ticket prices like for 2012/2013 in comparison to this season? 

15. How many season tickets have you sold roughly for next season?

16.Have current season ticket holders rewarded for loyalty in anyway?

17. Where can Norwich City finish next season?

Lastly I would like to remind Norwich City fans that Aston Villa will be holding a minutes applause on the 19th minute for Stiliyan Petrov following his recent health diagnosis.  Therefore would ask Norwich City fans to join in the applause.

follow bradders_1982 or 150mileWalk4H on twitter

1.What will the score be between Villa and Norwich?A tight win for City, 2-1.2. Do you think Villa will avoid the drop?Yes, I can''t see two of QPR, Bolton or Blackburn getting enough points.3.Will Aston Villa get rid of Alex McLeish?Depends if any other local rival decides to sack their manager doesn''t it?4. Paul Lambert has done an amazing job for Norwich City can you see him leaving in the summer?No, this is a project that he''s yet to complete.5.If Lambert was to leave in summer would Norwich City suffer next season?It would have an impact, but if the correct person was brought in I don''t think it would be a massive blow as some like to make out.6.In recent days media speculation is that Lambert is a target for Aston Villa if AMC was to be relieved of duties?This isn''t a question so I can''t answer it!7.What do Norwich City need to keep them in the Premier League next season?Much the same as this year, keep the team spirit and pick up points throughout the season.8.Who has been your best player this season and why?Tough one between John Ruddy and Grant Holt, but it''s Holty for me as he seems to have a positive effect on the whole team whenever he''s on the pitch.9.What Villa player would like in your team?Even though he''s ex Ipswich, someone like Darren Bent beside Holt would provide a good few goals.10.Has the game sold out yet? I know Villa have sold their allocation inside the first weekWithin a few minutes of Super Member sale, only a handful of seats not taken by Season Ticket holders.11.Will you be attending the game on Sunday 13th May 2012?Yes12. What has been your best away day this season and why?Enjoyed both Swansea and Spurs, but it has to be Spurs just because it was so unexpected as we hadn''t been playing that well but in this game we totally deserved it.13.I know Norwich City operate a ballot system for away ticket holders is this a fair and effective method?No, it''s very unfair as the categories are too broad and a season ticket holder who has never been to an away game is in the same group as one that has been to up to 9 in the last 12 months.  We either need a more graduated update of the current system or a complete overall to a points based system.  14.What are your season ticket prices like for 2012/2013 in comparison to this season?Not too bad, just a few quid more per game.15. How many season tickets have you sold roughly for next season?The club haven''t announced it yet, but I''d be surprised if it''s less than 20k.16.Have current season ticket holders rewarded for loyalty in anyway?Yes, can renew early at discounted prices.17. Where can Norwich City finish next season?It''s still early days for us back in the Premier League, anywhere above the bottom 3 would be another successful season in my view.  Don''t run before you walk...

I just can''t see Lambert going to Villa.  O''Neill, Lambert''s gaffer (who he is still in contact with) walked out on you and Martinez even turned you down, so I''d eat my hat if it happened.

There are plenty of managers around who would be desperate to go to Villa though, so I don''t think you''d have any worries if McLeish went.

The players will put on a good display for the final game. With Ruddy winning POTS keeping a cleam sheet and Holt 2nd in POTS scoring a brace. 2-0

Yes, by 4 points.

No, I think he will walk before being sacked.

4. Paul Lambert has done an amazing job for Norwich City can you see him leaving in the summer?
No, but after next season if it is a success he may be tempted by a top 8 side if the chance becomes avaliable.

Yes, which team wouldn''t? The new manager will have his own ideas and with the team playing the ''Lambert'' way for 3 years it will take time to learn the new way which could take too long and see us in a relegation scrap.

6.In recent days media speculation is that Lambert is a target for Aston Villa if AMC was to be relieved of duties?
Media Speculation says it all!

Go in with the same attitude as this year - we can win every game. If we go in cautious we could end up in trouble.
John Ruddy. Makes save after save as is still getting better. Could also be on his way to the euros!

Richard Dunne. Experianced defender is just what we need to help us see games out. e.g. Man utd home.

10.Has the game sold out yet? I know Villa have sold their allocation inside the first week
I have no idea, but last game of season I would think so!

Yeah!

Been to Liverpool, WBA, Man City and Spurs. Spurs due to the win but Man City was also great as the class on show was amazing!

13.I know Norwich City operate a ballot system for away ticket holders is this a fair and effective method?
Not a clue. But i''ve been lucky when I needed to be 

14.What are your season ticket prices like for 2012/2013 in comparison to this season?
£10-£13 a game for me so no complaints!

The maximum avaliable at a guess.

Yes, can renew early at discounted prices.

Anywhere between 1st-20th. It starts as a level playing field. but most likely a somewhere between 9th-14th!

1.What will the score be between Villa and Norwich? - after getting a result at Arsenal next week we will round off the season with an easy 2-0 win.

2. Do you think Villa will avoid the drop? - yes, but only just.

3.Will Aston Villa get rid of Alex McLeish? - they should do but if they survive they probably won''t.

4. Paul Lambert has done an amazing job for Norwich City can you see him leaving in the summer? - No, definitely not.

5.If Lambert was to leave in summer would Norwich City suffer next season? - possibly but not definitely.

6.In recent days media speculation is that Lambert is a target for Aston Villa if AMC was to be relieved of duties? - as said before, not a question, but if you''re asking would he come then the answer is no.

7.What do Norwich City need to keep them in the Premier League next season? - the same attitude & enthusiasm as this season.

8.Who has been your best player this season and why? - Grant Holt because of his inspriring leadership

9.What Villa player would like in your team? - none because (1) none of them fit into our proven recruitment criteria and (b) even if they did we can''t afford the wages they''re on.

10.Has the game sold out yet? I know Villa have sold their allocation inside the first week - all our home games sell out.

11.Will you be attending the game on Sunday 13th May 2012? - unfortunately not.

12. What has been your best away day this season and why? - haven''t been away this season.

13.I know Norwich City operate a ballot system for away ticket holders is this a fair and effective method? - see reply above.

14.What are your season ticket prices like for 2012/2013 in comparison to this season? - around 5% increase I believe.

15. How many season tickets have you sold roughly for next season? - don''t know but we will sell them all & still have people wanting more.

16.Have current season ticket holders rewarded for loyalty in anyway? - see reply above

17. Where can Norwich City finish next season? - anywhere from 9th to 17th & I''ll be happy.

1. 3-1 to Norwich.

2. Yes, QPR too poor to get more points than Villa.

3. I don''t think so, too expensive to get rid.

4. Again, don''t think so. I think he may feel he needs another couple of years at least here.

5. Yes, we wouldn''t be able to find a manager as competent with our current players as Lambert.

6. Lambert won''t go to Villa, I wouldn''t be surprised if he were high on your wish list though.

7. A quality goal scorer (maybe Vaughan), decent DM, another winger or two for good competition out wide.

8. Grant Holt, he does everything we have needed him to do and more. Without Holt''s contribution, we would be well and truly in a relegation battle.

9. Weimann

10. It probably has sold out.

11. Yes I will be attending.

12. I haven''t been to any away games myself unfortunately, but Swansea away, because we were only the second team to beat them at their ground at that stage.

13. It could perhaps be done in a more fair and efficient way, but i don''t think its too bad.

14. Think they have gone up, not sure by how much exactly as my Grandad gets my ticket.

15. Hasn''t been announced as far as I know, but i''d imagine close to our allocation, 20,000+

16. Not sure really, ST prices are better than regular prices, that will always be the same.

17. I think top half, i''m always very optimistic, I think Lambert will bring in 3-4 quality players and we''ll be more consistent next season. I''ll say 9th.

we are looking at arriving around 6pm on the saturday evening private message me a way of contacting u about the route

Realistic funds for transfers and wages.

[quote user="bradders"]

[/quote]

The allocation for last year was 22,000, and we sold them all and had a waiting list of around 1,700. The allocation this year is still 22,000. The club has changed policy, and is not announcing figures until the last renewal deadline has passed. In previous years it has published figures after each of the three renewal deadlines, and then the total including any new sales. But given last year''s waiting list it would be surprising it we did not sell all 22,000 eventually.

Just as I thought the season was petering out after the Blackburn and Liverpool games, I am now, after yesterdays performance, convinced we are going to end it on a high and with three points on Villa. For a lot of players, the Arsenal game felt as if it was something "personal", that they had something to prove-to the Manager and to the fans, many of whom have been hyper-critical of individuals and performances. For some Villa might be their last appearance for the club and they''ll want to show what we might be missing next season, others will want to put on a show for those great majority of fans who have been supportive all season. We''ll attack, we''ll play two wingers and it''ll be open-so you may get a couple as well. Am going for a 3-2 to us, maybe even something silly like a 4-2, 4-3.

Yes, unquestionably. Wolves have gone, can''t see Blackburn or QPR overtaking you now-and Bolton may have lost their impetus as well.

Seems inevitable. But what a strange appointment in the first place-his footballing CV, the way he plays and preaches the game. Found it an odd one to say the least, especially when you consider who else might have been available at the time.

I think its a very real possibility-but I also think he is always a minute away from moving on, no matter what club he is at, or at what stage of the season it is.He is forever looking forward, planning the next game, the next component of his team-as long as his bosses  move with him, he''ll hang around and work with them. He might have left last Summer-he would have been on a high then, just as he is on one now-infact, if anything, he might have thought it a considered risk to stay with us this season as a relegation may have harmed his future prospects. Once a game is played with PL, thats it, move on, next... He''ll be thinking of the Summer and how we can improve, and yes, we can move on another step next time around, aim for a top 10 finish and to compete better with some of the clubs who turned us over this season-we adapted and improved enough against Tottenham, Chelsea, Man Utd even-but he''ll want to see we can turn good performances into wins.If he thinks we are in a place to do that=he''ll stay. If he thinks the club might be running to stand still, well...

It would have a huge impact on the club, no question-for players and supporters alike-if he feels he has to move on to win things, achieve more in the game, then those left behind might also be thinking the same-do I need to move on as well, is this a stepping stone for me and my career? I look at some of our younger players who will, unquestionably, be attracting interest from outside this Summer and feel that they might think their best interests are for him to stay at the club, to keep the current "unit" together. What is vital, if he does leave, would be the calibre of Manager we can attract and appoint when he does move on-whenever it is-and I have no doubt we will, we would, attract some high profile, high quality applicants, a million miles away from the usual suspects who are always linked with the job in the past-maybe some from abroad. That would make a difference and might even keep the momentum on an upward curve-clubs have lost Managers in the past who have been doing well for them yet their replacements have taken it a step further-Reading a great example, Coppell was a great Manager for them and they over-achieved, yet under McDermott they''ve probably become an even better team.

A lot of clubs will have noted Lambert''s qualities, AVFC no different to any of them. If AMC leaves in the Summer, then, unless you have someone lined up already for the job, then I can''t see how you wouldn''t at least make an enquiry in our direction.

Sustained self-belief. There is a thought that a huge influx of new players is needed, I disagree-yes, two to three new signings, unquestionably-but quality to add to that quality we already have. The players confidence will have received a huge boost through their achievements this season, there is no reason why that same players can''t do more next time around-I''d keep many of them onboard for that reason, wholescale exits is something I don''t agree with.

Who hasn''t been! I would pick John Ruddy-a good team needs confidence in its keeper, the confidence comes from the conviction at the back and works its way forwards-he has provided that in abundance and will be one of those players that other clubs are aware of-I am sure there will be enquiries after him. So Ruddy for me, shading Holt and Pilkington.

Marc Albrighton-young, "hungry", can play on the right or left. He''d fit in well.

Suspect yes, it will be-and probably our highest of the season.

Yes, looking that way at the moment.

The Emirates-could have been a "dead rubber", but we performed and played like it was a Cup final. To come back after going an early goal behind=probably the worse thing Arsenal could have done as they then thought it would have been a stroll in the park=and be their equal was a tremendous achievement.

Not a ST holder so can''t comment.

Small increase-would have thought they might have kept them the same as for this season.

It''ll be 21-22''000 again.

See other peoples responses.

10th and a Cup semi final at least.

a little over 12 hours before we leave Villa Park ahead our 150mile walk, hopefully meet up with you guys, we will be in norwich on the saturday evening.  We will be walking through the streets on norwich ahead of the game on the sunday.  We are armed with Norwich City bracelets weve made there are only £1 and all monies going directly to Harry Moseley''s charity HHHO.

Follow us on twitter @150mileWalk4H

[quote user="bradders"]

a little over 12 hours before we leave Villa Park ahead our 150mile walk, hopefully meet up with you guys, we will be in norwich on the saturday evening.  We will be walking through the streets on norwich ahead of the game on the sunday.  We are armed with Norwich City bracelets weve made there are only £1 and all monies going directly to Harry Moseley''s charity HHHO.

Follow us on twitter @150mileWalk4H

[/quote]Good luck on your epic walk.  Hope the weather is not too unkind.  Think that Villa are safe now so should be a less nervous ending to your week!

thanks so much yeah a little easier knowing that the whole journey wondering whereever we will get relegated.

Is there any pubs that most of you will be at so we can swing buy

[quote user="bradders"]

thanks so much yeah a little easier knowing that the whole journey wondering whereever we will get relegated.

Is there any pubs that most of you will be at so we can swing buy

[/quote]Plenty of choice within 10 mins walk of the ground - fantastic real ale pub ''Coach and Horses'' near the station opposite Royal Mail.  Away pub is ''Compleat Angler'' opposite the station over the bridge.  All tastes catered for!

1.What will the score be between Villa and Norwich? A comfortable 3-1 win to Norwich.

2. Do you think Villa will avoid the drop? Yes.

3.Will Aston Villa get rid of Alex McLeish? Yes, a very strange decision by RL and even more surprising was Alex McLeish''s beleif that his past counted for nothing. "Dead man walking!"

4. Paul Lambert has done an amazing job for Norwich City can you see him leaving in the summer? Always a possibility, but less likely now Hodgson has got the England job.

5.If Lambert was to leave in summer would Norwich City suffer next season? Let''s just say that Paul Lambert will be a hard act to follow, whenever he leaves.

6.In recent days media speculation is that Lambert is a target for Aston Villa if AMC was to be relieved of duties? Hands OFF! As a general rule, I don''t like to speculate about managerial appointments, but Villa could do with someone like Chris Houghton, especially if the Blue Noses mess up against Blackpool ;-) 

7.What do Norwich City need to keep them in the Premier League next season? Need an experienced centre back, as we''ve let in too many goals and, although goal scoring hasn''t been much of a problem for us, we could do with some pace up front.

8.Who has been your best player this season and why? Toss up between John Ruddy for his numerous saves and Grant Holt for his goals!

9.What Villa player would like in your team? N''Zogbia for his goals and pace.

10.Has the game sold out yet? I know Villa have sold their allocation inside the first week Unless you''re one for corporate hospitality, then yes, it''s a home sell out.

11.Will you be attending the game on Sunday 13th May 2012? Yes, not missed a home league game all season

12. What has been your best away day this season and why? Arsenal. We went to "the library" and has the audacity to make some noise! We got in their faces and scored three goals to boot! Oh, and we spoilt Arsene''s little "romp to 3rd place" party. Quality day out for the Yellow army.

13.I know Norwich City operate a ballot system for away ticket holders is this a fair and effective method? The Club believes that there is nothing wrong with the current system, but being unable to apply online and relying on paper based applications is a bit "village" in this day and age!

14.What are your season ticket prices like for 2012/2013 in comparison to this season? About 5% increases across the board.

15. How many season tickets have you sold roughly for next season? Don''t know yet. We have a three deadline system and the Club has changed its policy this season and will only make an announcement after the third deadline.

16.Have current season ticket holders rewarded for loyalty in anyway? The three deadline system means that you have to apply ealry to get the best prices.

17. Where can Norwich City finish next season? Realistically, we''re looking at a bottom half finish, anywhere between 11th and 17th will do nicely