Sign in to follow this  
Patches OHoolahan

I think Lambert will go soon...

From the tenor of his recent comments, and the feeling that we as a team are running out of steam, I think that our dear leader may well be on his way out at the end of this season. I am not sure what his destination will be, but I think for him personally, the time is ripe for an upwards move. He has taken us to Premier League safety in relative comfort, and after successive promotion seasons what is left for him to achieve here bar a gradual creep up the ranks of mid-table dullness? Though it may be painful to admit (especially given our excellent season), he is more likely to achieve European qualification with the investment available at a club like Villa than he is Norwich.

I do not want Lambert to go, because under his tenure I have seen some of the most memorable Norwich performances in my lifetime, but I am increasingly convinced that the time is nigh for his departure.

I tend to agree. Lambert will realise that there is every chance his stock will fall next season if we end up in a relegation battle. So for him, now may be the best time to go. I also think that Villa may well be the most logical place for him to move to (unless they go down) .

It would be sad for us but not the end of the world. McNally is the real key for our continued development and he, no doubt, will have a plan B and C ready to go if Lambert were to go.

[quote user="marvin the martian"]McNally has been quoted as saying that when Lambert leaves he will go and get someone better. .[/quote]Like who????????????

If the club gives him a good transfer budget I think he will stay, otherwise after reading his comments I tend to agree that he might be tempted elsewhere. I hope not because I think he can still take us further. Lets see???????

"If the club gives him a good transfer budget......"where will that come from ?

I think he''ll stay in order to prove that he can achieve the ''impossible'' twice in successive seasons and also to show that he is good enough to avoid ''second season syndrome''. That will look good on his CV.

mike walker did great things when he left little Norwich to go to Everton, Failing at Villa could end his career they would want instant success if does go then we''ll see if he is this great manager.

Oh lawdy lawdy!   What a thread to bring out the binner mentality.  "Its time for him to go"  "He would be better at Villa" etc etc ad nauseum.   Get real.  He''s here. Now. Stop trying to be ''clever'' predicting he will go - so you can say - I told you so.    It only takes a few fans to start these kind of bandwagons before all the nervous nellies latch on and wake up every morning fearing that this might be the day PL leaves forever.

He may get an offer from a club he can''t turn down. He may actually be so in tune with the powers that be at this club that he won''t want to leave any time soon.   But please cut out the clap trap folks.  Its a hard world out there.  You have to fight for everything you get.   If PL thinks we have what it takes as a club  (and that includes the fans) to progress further - he will more likely stay.   If he gets the feeling that the club - and fans - are not up to the ambitions that he has - he will more likely go. 

Its in our own hands really.    Calling all supporters.................................

The grass isn''t always greener is it? Everyone talks about what he has done for us but what about what Norwich has done for him? We gave him a platform to show his ability when he hadn''t exactly set the managerial world on fire. Where would he be now had we not appointed him? Chances are still in the lower leagues with Colchester or another lower league team. I get sick of hearing fans talking like it will be the end of the club when he goes, We have a board in place that will go and get the next right man for the job.

It''s only the usual suspects, LDCThey have merely hopped from one ''host'' subject to another now that the ''relegation fears'' tactic has become non usable

by their words ye shall know them

He is right tho, we will not have the finances, yes we need players of a certain quality now. Also if he were to leave now, he leaves a hero... very few managers can leave with the full support of the fans for achievement and reaching heights that we can''t believe.Amazing achievement by him, the playing staff and his staff. But I agree that McNally and this club could look at some excellent young managers. But lets not worry yet.Let us celebrate and look forward to the rumours of new signings. We need quality and quality costs he talks sense.How far can you take a team? Lambert has taken us a long, long way, he has done it can the club offer him a package with transfer budget that can keep him looking forward.

It does seem that way, City1st, does it not.

Simple fact is he is here now and supposedly planning for the close season. But if he does leave we''ll thank him and just move on. Some people seem to think Lambo is the only manager around but there are plenty of options about if you look. What will be will be.

Why do people like to whip up a frenzy? The Burnley situation should teach you all that Lambert is straight down the line with these things, he is an old school you get what you see gent. If you trawl through last summers stuff he said very similar then, he just wants to get the maximum budget he can and be as succesful as possible

There is no frenzy being whipped up on here. Read the thread again. Measured language, mulling over possibilities. Nobody said he will definitely go. Just as nobody said we will definitely be relegated.

If he does go then he goes having created a miracle......Without him I dread to think where we''d be now.

Some people on here need to be slapped with a bit of reality.

Lambert has not said he is leaving, he has not even hinted at it.

A journalist has asked him how far he thinks Norwich could go and he has said he doesn''t know.

Ontop of that there is no evidence he will have no money, and there is no evidence that what he gets to spend here will be less than elsewhere.

We will have a similar amount to a lot of prem clubs this summer and be better off than a lot that carry big debts. We turn over a profit, and I believe that makes us a part of a minority in the premiership.

Villa is possibly the only club that is not where they should be in terms of the quality of the squad etc but things behind the scenes are not good there. Lerner apparently only watched a handful of games if that this season. He isn''t releasing the purse strings at all and they were reduced to fielding very young and inexperienced teams.

Other than that WBA look like they''ll be without a manager. Are they a step up? Nope. Top six are unlikely to loose their manager unless Lambert thinks he can get the Chelsea job! Maybe if Chelsea goes for Moyes he will be tempted by Everton. Doubt it will happen though.

[quote user="canariesaregods"]Why do people like to whip up a frenzy? The Burnley situation should teach you all that Lambert is straight down the line with these things, he is an old school you get what you see gent. If you trawl through last summers stuff he said very similar then, he just wants to get the maximum budget he can and be as succesful as possible[/quote]No more than the same suspects who have now latched onto this as their latest cause to rally to, in their attempts to attack the club.Can''t be too much fun knowing your own club is not so much down the plughole, but round the u-bend, and along the drains heading to where the rest of the human waste ends up.

Am I alone in thinking PL is still learning his craft at this level?

I cannot imagine a bigger EPL side than us taking a chance on him yet.

PL has huge autonomy here and knows he has been backed as best NCFC can so why make a sideways move to a similar sized club?

We owe PL a great deal but the reverse is also true and he knows it. He was simply answering a question.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Am I alone in thinking PL is still learning his craft at this level? I cannot imagine a bigger EPL side than us taking a chance on him yet. PL has huge autonomy here and knows he has been backed as best NCFC can so why make a sideways move to a similar sized club? We owe PL a great deal but the reverse is also true and he knows it. He was simply answering a question.[/quote]

No. You''re not.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Am I alone in thinking PL is still learning his craft at this level?

I cannot imagine a bigger EPL side than us taking a chance on him yet.

PL has huge autonomy here and knows he has been backed as best NCFC can so why make a sideways move to a similar sized club?

We owe PL a great deal but the reverse is also true and he knows it. He was simply answering a question.[/quote]yep, pretty much spot on

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Am I alone in thinking PL is still learning his craft at this level? I cannot imagine a bigger EPL side than us taking a chance on him yet. PL has huge autonomy here and knows he has been backed as best NCFC can so why make a sideways move to a similar sized club? We owe PL a great deal but the reverse is also true and he knows it. He was simply answering a question.[/quote]

No, you''re not. The past ten games or so have proven that he is as fallible as any manager and I''m sure that other clubs have noticed.   

[quote user="marvin the martian"]McNally has been quoted as saying that when Lambert leaves he will go and get someone better. Lets hope he does.[/quote]Avram Grant probably [8o|] Nah seriously though, who could be better than Lambert with our current set-up? S. Bruce?

He''s clearly an ambitious manager and what he''s said recently is another indication how smart he is in the media.

After this season the majority of fans would expect more improvement and a battle for relegation next year would not reflect this but at the same time the financial benefits will not increase for the first time during his tenure.

Newly-promoted clubs often spend between £10-15mill on new players and wages in their first season and there is not much evidence to support this figure increasing in the second season, in fact the opposite is true in most cases with clubs spending less.

He also knows that if he wants to fulfil his undoubted potential he will have to leave us one day and with the situation at Villa it would be the perfect opportunity to take over a bigger club (another step-stone) who are sorely under-achieving.

No-one is saying Paul Lambert is going to leave or even wants to leave at the current moment but football changes in an instance and we have to be ready for when it does.

[quote user="Patches O Hoolahan"]From the tenor of his recent comments, and the feeling that we as a team are running out of steam, I think that our dear leader may well be on his way out at the end of this season. I am not sure what his destination will be, but I think for him personally, the time is ripe for an upwards move. He has taken us to Premier League safety in relative comfort, and after successive promotion seasons what is left for him to achieve here bar a gradual creep up the ranks of mid-table dullness? Though it may be painful to admit (especially given our excellent season), he is more likely to achieve European qualification with the investment available at a club like Villa than he is Norwich.

I do not want Lambert to go, because under his tenure I have seen some of the most memorable Norwich performances in my lifetime, but I am increasingly convinced that the time is nigh for his departure.[/quote]OK, go to the bookies and put £100 on it !!

Neither is Lambert the only option out there for clubs like Villa, Everton etc - Brendon Rogers stock is equally high at the moment.

Brendan Rodgers must be on bigger club''s lists of potential targets managerial targets just as much as Paul Lambert. Then there is David Moyes who has been at Everton for several years now doing an excellent job on a limited budget. Over the years there have been a number of managers who have done excellent jobs (for a time) at smaller Premier league clubs: Curbishley, Coppell, Jewell, Burley, Hodgson etc. So I don''t think Paul Lambert''s stock is as high as some of us like to think. (Famous last words!).

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Neither is Lambert the only option out there for clubs like Villa, Everton etc - Brendon Rogers stock is equally high at the moment.[/quote]

That''s uncanny, I''m sure I hadn''t read your post when I cited the same name (Brendan Rodgers) and used a similar phrase (about stock being high). I must have read it subliminally, lol.