Sign in to follow this  
Morph

Ultimately, where do you want your club to be?

Since my thread on the hopes and aspirations for the season didn''t quite get the feedback for some of the more polarised noters on this board, let''s try a different tack.

Ultimately where do you want City to be as a club?

I''m not talking next season, or the season after that, or after that, but in the longer term view what do you want the club to achieve?

For me, I''d like to think they are a settled Premiership outfit challenging for a European place in the Premiership on a regular basis. I''d like to think they don''t fall at the first hurdle every time they play in the Cup, perhaps bringing home the silverware once in a while - irrespective of whether it''s the FA Cup or the League Cup.

In all honesty I do not see City as a club that are going to be challenging for the Premiership title - yeah, in my wildest dreams, but realistically no.

I''d like to think they will be a club that is a good source for international talent for any national team, producing from local talent or growing brought in talent such that those players make an impact on the international stage.

If you look at the current Premiership table I''d like to see City in amongst the Bolton/Middlesbrough/Charlton/Tottenham/Aston Villa pack that sits outside the top tier of the Premiership, pushing each season at the ultimate goal of a Champions League spot.

So what about you? Are you a supporter who is happy just to see them, even if they''re playing in the Third Division South? Or are you a supporter that is only happy if they''re Premiership title winners every year?

For me personally, a little jaunt into Europe, similar to when we had the success of the 1990-95 season''s, but, without the iron rod ruling of "Robber Chase"......Oh, and to maintain a solid fan-base, with vociferous sold out crowds. Then to slap another tier on the city stand, and instead of a hotel, build terracing for those who wish to stand between the Barclay & the Jarrold.

Stability & financial security in the premier league, and an FA cup win wouldn''t go amiss either! But, whatever and wherever we are, like many others, I will still be there cheering the "Yellow & Green football machine"! OTBC ;~)

it would be nice to be a settled premiership team battling for europe but loads of work to be done next season .next season could make or break us if we do not get promoted i feel gates will drop worthy will be out and players will leave

it would be nice to be a settled premiership team battling for europe but loads of work to be done next season .next season could make or break us if we do not get promoted i feel gates will drop worthy will be out and players will leave

at the moment, i wouldnt mind just being a regular adverage premiership side.

Advoid the drop each season, get a full house each game, get a cardiff atmousphere each game, see some of the best players around,  see and score some great goals.....

wouldnt premiership life be grand?

I would like to see the club financially stable with lots of support and backing.

A settled Premmie side who are challenging for a place in Europe.

To have a few class players in our side who stand out from the rest i.e Morientes and Gerrard for Liverpool.

[quote]Since my thread on the hopes and aspirations for the season didn''t quite get the feedback for some of the more polarised noters on this board, let''s try a different tack. Ultimately where do you want...[/quote]

Me - I go to be entertained, I would like to see locally produced talent who are as committed to the club as everybody who visits this site ( regularly)who can compete at a premiership level. I for one would like to be a Man Utd or Chelsea fan who can buy the best but haven''t produced many good players for a while.
I hate to say this but the players coming through the ranks down the road are proving themselves through learning good habits from an early age and they will create a good young side. - we need to bring through more Shackells as we will are a long way away from competing with the Bolton,Charltons etc.
Best years for me were the Fox, Sutton, Eadie, Ulathorne,Belamy etc years

[quote]Me - I go to be entertained, I would like to see locally produced talent who are as committed to the club as everybody who visits this site ( regularly)who can compete at a premiership level. I for on...[/quote]

Opps that should read would not like to be a Man Utd( especially tonight) or chelsea fan