Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

Favourite away ground you've been to this season?

Mine has to be Anfield.We played there on a very poignant day - it was after Hillsboro'' has been discussed in the Houses of Parliament and we got a very good result.Swansea away wasnt bad either.What say you?

Old Trafford

Probably one of the hottest October days on record in Manchester, played the champions off the park at times (if only pilkington had scored the "one on one"), Sea of yellow & green, 3,000 ncfc fans making more noise that 73,000 tourists. To me, it marked the day that we could cut it in the premier league with no fears

Whatever your views on Man Utd and their support it has to be Old Trafford for me followed by Villa Park.Funnily enough i also like Loftus Road with its closeness to the pitch and its enclosed feel.No towering stands that look so out of place in relation to the rest of the ground.

So far this season I have been to Wigan, Liverpool, Wolves and West Brom x2 and I would have to pick Anfield purely because of the whole day out and seeing Holt score the equaliser in front of the Kop.  As stadiums go if it wasn''t for the history of it it would be a poor ground for a top team.  I was 2 rows from the back so spent the whole game bent over which was like peering through a letter box which was very dissapointing but still worth it.  The DW impressed me more than I thought it would to be honest, depsite the lack of atmosphere from the home fans.

Looking forward to Fulham next week [:)]

In my opinion Boyo, the Wigan home fans made more noise than the Liverpool, Man united and Chelsea fans!

MU.   Had to sit in with the tourists as I couldn''t get a seat with away fans.   Had a fantastic view of the sea of yellow and green though and they put the utd fans to shame.   The plastics around me kept looking over in fascination at our fans as if they couldn''t believe it.  Only thing was I had to keep my mouth shut!  Difficult though,  particularly when we played so well and Pilks got clean through. 

Wigan was second best with the 5000 away fans.  Shame it wasn''t a bit later in the season but still a great occasion as our first match of the season.

Nana, I can appreciate the sentiment that you like to watch good football, but, you said the whole day was brilliant and we got spanked.

Now, I''ve seen us take beatings all over the country and I''ve never enjoyed one of them. It''s not that I expect us to win, but I''m a Norwich fan and however good the opposition were, it would always be tempered with disappointment.

I always think that a lot of the best days are had at "lesser" places, Tuesday night at Torquay, Southend, even Port Vale when we lost on pens. Gillingham is another, ringing the phone box outside the boozer and discussing the game with the locals when we were halfway home was brilliant.

Man United is impressive, it''s big but it doesn''t have a real "presence" as I think it should.

Anyway QPR this year was awesome, Barton, Warnock et al losing the plot. Wonderful.

If we''re talking of lesser places Dunc, Walsall two seasons ago. I had been visiting family over christmas in Norfolk, drove all the way across to Walsall, only for it to be called off first time round literally as we got ready to go through the turnstiles. I go to uni in Birmingham, so got to the rearranged fixture more easily, but went on my own (first and only time I''ve ever done that!). Got chatting to people around me, atmosphere was not bad considering it was a rearranged game taking place in midweek. We went 1-0 down, then scored two goals in the last 10 minutes or so. After the second went in we all just went bonkers. Certainly one of my best footballing memories!

This season I''ve been restricted mostly to midlands teams away from home. Villa was pretty decent, but my favourite would probably be the West Brom cup match. So many of us there, decent atmosphere, and again a late winner.

I have happy memories of the "Biscuit" Stadium too, late winners always help an away day!!

Apart from Wembley85, my first away game was Chelsea in 87 when I was 8. I still remember the travelling and how huge London seemed, not to mention Nutty Nigel leaving me outside a boozer talking 19 to the dozen to Chelsea fans!!!!

We climbed the monument to the great fire of London that day too.

25 years ago..

I love away days.. Carrow might be tge home of football but I love taking the "yellow" all over too.

[quote user="Shaker Maker"]Mine has to be Anfield.

We played there on a very poignant day - it was after Hillsboro'' has been discussed in the Houses of Parliament and we got a very good result.

Swansea away wasnt bad either.

What say you?
[/quote]

to be honest, you could go to Anfield every week to find that their fans are protesting,commemorating or holding a minute silence for something or other?!?

Favourite ground this season so far has been St James'' Park. Love how it completely dominates the city, right in the centre, 15 minutes'' walk from the station. I personally didn''t have a problem with being so high up in the stand, awesome view over the city. Really loved it, result aside.

In terms of the whole day out, West Brom in the league. Spent several very happy hours in the brilliant pub The Vine both pre- and post- match with some great Baggies fans, and we won obviously!

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Whatever your views on Man Utd and their support it has to be Old Trafford for me followed by Villa Park.Funnily enough i also like Loftus Road with its closeness to the pitch and its enclosed feel.No towering stands that look so out of place in relation to the rest of the ground.[/quote]In that case can you ensure that you stay away from road trips? We lost of both of those games didn''t we?Maybe you are an unlucky omen? So stay off the road or we may be forced to send the Tiliban around to sort you out!

[quote user="The DicTaTor"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Whatever your views on Man Utd and their support it has to be Old Trafford for me followed by Villa Park.Funnily enough i also like Loftus Road with its closeness to the pitch and its enclosed feel.No towering stands that look so out of place in relation to the rest of the ground.[/quote]

In that case can you ensure that you stay away from road trips? We lost of both of those games didn''t we?

Maybe you are an unlucky omen? So stay off the road or we may be forced to send the Tiliban around to sort you out!
[/quote]

Well now Stalker we won at QPR,West Brom and Bolton so just maybe i am not that unlucky as i went to those games.Whilst you are here unlucky with Malaga last week and Donny Rovers this week.How sad can you get?