Sign in to follow this  
Canary

Good Pub for before the Fulham Game

It will be my first trip to Craven Cottage on 31st March, can anyone recommend good Pub for before the game?

Thanks 

The Dukes Head just by Putney Bridge is a great pub. If the weather''s sunny, overlooking the river, supping a pint.......bliss !!It was probably the main '' away '' pub for that fateful day in 2005 ( on second thoughts best give it a miss... [:)] )

Can''t remember the name of the 1 I went to last time we were at Fulham. Don''t like to say played or turned up. All I can say is it was big and quite empty being about 15 minutes walk from the ground.Went to The Dukes Head after the game to console myself before heading back to a mates house. As and SMith must score says it''s a good place on a sunny day

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]The Dukes Head just by Putney Bridge is a great pub. If the weather''s sunny, overlooking the river, supping a pint.......bliss !!

It was probably the main '' away '' pub for that fateful day in 2005 ( on second thoughts best give it a miss... [:)] )

[/quote]

Yes indeed that fateful day, what a great atmosphere in thsi pub before though, I would say at least 1000 plus of us and a sea of yellow and green on the banks of the Thames, has an bar outside as well !

I would say that it will be rammed again for this game !

Sorry cant remember name of pub from last time,it was just up road from river but I wished I had stayed in it all afternoon.Cant even bring myself to go this time the thought of last time still lingers,still ranks of one of the worst city games I have seen due to the fact we had some decent players,it will take a big big effort to erase that from the memory,even walking to the ground the Fulham fans did not mind if we won.please dont let this game become anything near a relegation must win,I take my hat off to you brave boys and girls who will go and  hope you see retribution.

Depends how youre getting there if tube to Putney Bdge see above comments.

If from Hammersmith down Fulham Pace Rd try the Crabtree on Stevenage Rd.  Go dowm Fulham Pace Rd take right at Queensmill Rd to bottom Stevenage Rd and take a left to find Crabtree.  Fulham FC furter along Stevenage Rd.  Nearest pub to ground.    

It was well known in the underground of Norwich that players were payed off on that game, still frustrates me to this day but i am glad all the bad eggs are gone.

[quote user="BW"]It was well known in the underground of Norwich that players were payed off on that game, still frustrates me to this day but i am glad all the bad eggs are gone.[/quote]

Or they simply bottled it in a high pressure game!

you might wanna try The Rocket following getting off at fulham putney bridge exit station pass the 8 bells, another away haunt but gets full and cramped early.

The Rocket when u get onto the bridge walk over the bridge there are big penthouse looking building on the edge of the river thames theres are wetherspoons called the rocket.a standard wethspoons but loads of space to move outdoors.

All freely advice from a kind Aston Villa fan nice to hear that u have cemented ure place in next seasons premier league, will be down for end of season game.  Walking from Villa Park to Carrow Road for charity 150mile walk for Harry Moseley

[quote user="The DicTaTor"]Anywhere the Tiliban are not drinking?
[/quote]

A very unhealthy obsession devloping with you Mr.TaTor or may i call you Dic as you are behaving like one on here.Should be of no worries to you where i drink now should it? You are hardly going to come up and introduce yourself unless of course you are not a keyboard warrior.