Sign in to follow this  
star_manic

howson-future captain?

i must say that he seems to have settled into the team brilliantly and looks to be a  typical pl gem. covers so much ground and seems to have great awareness. definite leader material.[:)]

Fantastic performance today, always looking for the ball, good defensively and looked to attack whenever possible. Looks clever and doesn''t panic on the ball.

Also thought fox was great again and so so important to the team. Together the midfield is shaping up nicely!

I was thinking the same watching the game, looks another great buy by Lambert but did we expect anything different? Also I thought Fox had his best game in awhile. Impressive all round really.

An exciting prospect certainly, comfortable on the ball and works the spaces well. Always looking for the ball like Hoolahan, and links the play well between defence and attack.

Best signing from PL? A bit early to say that I think!

He reminded me of Scott Parker today, but more attacking. He looks quality so far but I do agree, it''s too early to call him Lamberts best signing. Give it until the end of the year and he could well be.

Love him, was so excited to hear we had signed him after watching him play for leeds as a youngster, he was colossal today, almost like the brain child of Hoolahan and Fox, and wait till he starts finding the target...

SC, I was going to say the exact same re Scott Parker. Although I do think the hair helps with that image. I too reckon Howson is more inclined to attack.

Some of the link up play between Fox, Hoolahan and Howson was exceptional today. Cannot wait for next season when they''ve all had a summer to work each others games out better.

I love the guy, I thought he was outstanding last week, and again today.Bright, enthusiastic, always wants the ball.Very, very impressed.

[quote user="morty"]Did he sound good on the radio?
[/quote]

I''m unsure if that was meant for me morty, but I''m deaf and can''t hear the ruddy thing!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="morty"]Did he sound good on the radio?[/quote]

I''m unsure if that was meant for me morty, but I''m deaf and can''t hear the ruddy thing!

[/quote]The whole internet isn''t about you, get over yourself.

Howson and Fox, fantastic pairing,  quality for the rest of the season. Lambert changes the team regularly as we all know but I wouldn`t mind a bet that subject to staying injury free those two will start every remaining game.

I think Howson will score his first goal for us in the next couple of games.

He is quality. We haven''t had a player like him since-hell, Damien Francis? Odd comparison perhaps, but Damo was all over the pitch, making and finding space and contributing a few goals.

Funnily enough those Leeds fans who were lamenting his departure are all now saying we were mugged and they''ve sold us a pup, "he only had one good game in seven or eight anyway,nay, good riddance to the lad" sort of thing.

In denial!

Howson certainly looks Scott Parker-esque to me; he''s a proper footballer who is likely to get better and better.

When you consider the transfer fees of players such as Jordan Henderson  and Lee Cattermole, Howson already seems a great acquisition for the money we got him for.

PS : I still think we''ll see Robert Snodgrass joining him and BJ here at some point...

I have been struggling to think of a better all round 90 minute home debut seen at Carrow Road.Without doubt the future captain of Norwich City.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I have been struggling to think of a better all round 90 minute home debut seen at Carrow Road.Without doubt the future captain of Norwich City.[/quote]Leon McKenzie vs Ippo 2 goals on his debut for Leon but unlike Leon I don''t think Howson has peaked yet and must agree that he appears nailed on for captaincy of the club at some stage.

[quote user="Stirrinitup"][quote user="TIL 1010"]I have been struggling to think of a better all round 90 minute home debut seen at Carrow Road.Without doubt the future captain of Norwich City.[/quote]Leon McKenzie vs Ippo 2 goals on his debut for Leon [/quote]That was at Poorman Road though, wasn''t it?Sammy Clingan''s home debut for Norwich City was very good.  Shame all round he decided to leave for illustrious Coventry City.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="morty"]Did he sound good on the radio?[/quote]Better than Jessie J.[/quote]Bloody hell, that has to be a good sign.The future is indeed bright.

Looks like a fantastic signing. But it is early days yet. Johnson was exellent early on for us but has been very disappointing in the last couple of months. I am very confident Howson is the real deal though.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="morty"]Did he sound good on the radio?
[/quote]

[/quote]

The whole internet isn''t about you, get over yourself.
[/quote]

Morty, are you Tilson in disguise?