Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Nobody angered about Holt's Stupid double Yellow?

DOnt understand the penalty criticism and holts performance was good yest including a great first goal.

However he will no again be unavailable for selection because of his attitude. He first booking was for opening his mouth having already won the free kick - completely pointless.

But having been booked the second booking was simply ludicrous. There was no danger in that are of the pitch, we were on top in the game and no need to create some tempo - yet he chooses to go that? no intention to win the ball, he knew he was on a yellow then he comes over all innocent? the more you watch it the worse it is - through the back. Other refs could have shown a straight red. You can see the red mist has descended

It marred an otherwise fine performance - holt is better on the pitch - not sat on the sideline through stupidity.

No I''m not angered, it was only a stupid yellow in that it may have been a bit harsh or on the other hand miss-timed or even misjudged.

I feel that some people always feel a need to over analyse incidents or create a negative talking point even when we''ve had a positive result.

With a player like Grant there is no brake on his passion or commitment, it is full on and he leads the team in putting effort in and I wouldn''t want him any other way. 2nd best english striker in the Prem, you don''t try to change that by criticising him, he''ll be annoyed enough with himself and be the better man for it. He fully deserved his applause yesterday.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

That was a penalty taken by a player full of confidence and who will probably get another 4-6 goals for us by the end of the season.

Clearly knew what he wanted to from the off and struck the ball with power and conviction. Was never going to miss.

As for the sending off-well, there are sendings offs and sending offs. A "stupid" red card is elbowing someone, going in with studs up, pushing another player over, abusing the ref, taking your shirt off to celebrate a goal when you''re on a yellow card, that sort of thing. An attempt to win the ball, lead by example, up the tempo with a big tackle that was just that-a tackle-thats gets an unwarranted  yellow card is not a stupid one and the Wolves player made the most of it by staying down. Holty deserved his applause as he went off and then some.

[/quote]

[Y] 

Judging by some of the comments there are still people out there who don''t get the hero status that a lot of us have  for our Grant.   Or at least they don''t like how some of us think he can do no wrong.  For me he has similar status to  PL - someone who has been responsible for scoring the goals that have got us out of L1, Ch and kept us in the prem - absolute hero in the history of our club.     

Criticise him at your peril.   He is an absolute hero.   Leave him alone.   As Shuck says  leading from the front and was going for the ball, but if someone gets touched by someone llike Grant, he is going to go down.   Its a bit when he kicks or heads the ball -  once hit you stay hit.  You can see why he got sent off - especially with that ref - but hings like that are always possible these days. 

Deserved the ovation - he won the match for us!

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Old Shuck"]

That was a penalty taken by a player full of confidence and who will probably get another 4-6 goals for us by the end of the season.

Clearly knew what he wanted to from the off and struck the ball with power and conviction. Was never going to miss.

As for the sending off-well, there are sendings offs and sending offs. A "stupid" red card is elbowing someone, going in with studs up, pushing another player over, abusing the ref, taking your shirt off to celebrate a goal when you''re on a yellow card, that sort of thing. An attempt to win the ball, lead by example, up the tempo with a big tackle that was just that-a tackle-thats gets an unwarranted  yellow card is not a stupid one and the Wolves player made the most of it by staying down. Holty deserved his applause as he went off and then some.

[/quote]

[Y] 

Judging by some of the comments there are still people out there who don''t get the hero status that a lot of us have  for our Grant.   Or at least they don''t like how some of us think he can do no wrong.  For me he has similar status to  PL - someone who has been responsible for scoring the goals that have got us out of L1, Ch and kept us in the prem - absolute hero in the history of our club.     

Criticise him at your peril.   He is an absolute hero.   Leave him alone.   As Shuck says  leading from the front and was going for the ball, but if someone gets touched by someone llike Grant, he is going to go down.   Its a bit when he kicks or heads the ball -  once hit you stay hit.  You can see why he got sent off - especially with that ref - but hings like that are always possible these days. 

Deserved the ovation - he won the match for us!

[/quote]You have to remember that half the tits on this forum don''t go to games, or post generic controversial opinions to spark a response (as pointed out earlier). Doesn''t stop me thinking they''re making a mountain out of a molehill and we should be talking about his two fantastic goals and overall play, not the fact he tried to win the ball and got it wrong. Overall a soft red, with the first yellow ridiculous since they gave the foul in our favour...

I don''t really care that Holt got sent off, he scored the goals to win the game (and nervous penalty? He smashed it, would have probably gone through he keeper if he was in front of it...).

He occasionally makes rash challenges after he does something wrong, its part of his game. This is his first suspension this season right? One game, Morison should be more than capable to play one game (especially as we''ll probably go back to 4-5-1 away from home). Its not the end of the world, and i most certainly am not angry at Holt, thats pathetic.

[quote user="Ruddygore"]No I''m not angered, it was only a stupid yellow in that it may have been a bit harsh or on the other hand miss-timed or even misjudged. I feel that some people always feel a need to over analyse incidents or create a negative talking point even when we''ve had a positive result. With a player like Grant there is no brake on his passion or commitment, it is full on and he leads the team in putting effort in and I wouldn''t want him any other way. 2nd best english striker in the Prem, you don''t try to change that by criticising him, he''ll be annoyed enough with himself and be the better man for it. He fully deserved his applause yesterday.[/quote]

I''m not angered either Ruddy buddy. If you seperate and analyse every incident from the game then you could criticise the two yellows. But take his performance as a whole and he won us the game. Just lik,e he''s won us so many games this season. And last season. And the season before. His first goal was a great goal. A great ball into him and great movement and awareness by him. Terrific finish. The penalty was full of confidence. straight down the middle. It will serve him well with future pens because the keepers won''t be so sure where he will put them. Maybe commit themselves a bit later because he could put another one there.

If you take his aggression away you wouldn''t have a complete Grant Holt. Player of the season yet again for me. Player of the decade. Player of the century. Maybe even player of my lifetime. And how big a debt does Paul Lambert owe him. Just how big a part has he played in our success since 2009?

Just watched it, he deserved to go.It was one of his rage tackles that he does, he loses the ball and sets off like a train, and you just know whats coming.Take your ban and come back fresh, Grant.

I''m not angry in the slightest because it means Morison will start next match and we''ll all be able to slate him instead. [:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

I thought Holty’s penalty was excellent. I can’t remember a penalty for City that he hasn’t put to the keeper’s right (his left); he missed the last one he took and this time he had the bottle to stick it down the middle. I did a Youtube of it, here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZpPXyZUBKM&feature=youtu.be

[/quote]

Sport on Broadstairs. All his previous penalties had gone to the goalie''s right. Indeed, with the style he uses, they pretty much have to go that way, unless you try to be clever and hit the ball with the outside of the foot. I think Graham Alexander, who has a terrific penalty record, does that sometimes.

I think what happened yesterday was that Holt assumed the Wolves goalie had done his homework, and would dive - as he did - to his right. So Holt just adjusted a fraction and still hit the ball full on, but down the middle. Very clever. Much more clever than the second yellow. Which was dumb. A reckless tackle in an unthreatening area.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I''m not angry in the slightest because it means Morison will start next match and we''ll all be able to slate him instead. [:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][/quote][Y]

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

I thought Holty’s penalty was excellent. I can’t remember a penalty for City that he hasn’t put to the keeper’s right (his left); he missed the last one he took and this time he had the bottle to stick it down the middle. I did a Youtube of it, here.

[/quote]Cheers for that Tim. Didn''t quite get the same view down at The Barclay!

Of course it was a bit stupid, since the first yellow was for dissent, and therefore totally unnecessary. However I''m sure most people on here are quite happy to trade the odd "stupid" moment for the moments of sheer brilliance like his first goal. Would Fernando Torres or Andy Carroll (to name just two ridiculously over-priced players) have had the confidence to do what Grant Holt did there? If Rooney had scored that goal the MotD "experts" would have been raving about it. And it''s not just yesterday - most of Holt''s goals this season have been pure Premier League quality. I think it''s worth putting up with the occasional red mist moment for what he gives to the team.We f******  love Grant Holt!!!![:D]

[quote user="drurys testamonials mark 15"][quote user="Tim Allman"]

[/quote]

Cheers for that Tim. Didn''t quite get the same view down at The Barclay!
[/quote]

Thanks, sometimes I feel (in my unbiased opinion of course!) that there is more action down the Barclay End of the pitch that at the River End; perhaps yesterday evened it up a little.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I don''t really care that Holt got sent off,[/quote]

I bet then whole Norwich City Football Club would disagree!

By saying that you don''t care the club captain got sent off isn''t a great example for the rest of the squad.

Holt is a committed player and will make errors in judgement but to call him stupid is wrong . Cisse''s tackle for Qpr was stupid .

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I don''t really care that Holt got sent off,[/quote]

I bet then whole Norwich City Football Club would disagree!

By saying that you don''t care the club captain got sent off isn''t a great example for the rest of the squad.

[/quote]

Nice way to take a comment our of context.

Players get sent off, Holt makes rash challenges, he has done them a lot less frequently than he did last season (I wouldn''t be surprised at all if he''s been booked a lot less this season).

Two silly decisions in the game, lead to a sending off. I''m fairly sure every other player on the pitch made at least two wrong decisions, it happens. You getting ''angry'' about the person who won the game for us getting sent off, its pathetic, I don''t know why you support Norwich, I really don''t.

As far as I am concerned football is a team game, it is not all about one player, and this season has demonstrated the importance of the team ethic, so I say again Holt let himself and his team mates down yesterday. As I have also said before I think Holt is awesome, What I find interesting is how few posters defended Morison when he was subjected to some disgusting abuse on this message board, shame really because we have a really good squad of players who have all played their part in securing our Premiership future, against all the odds......

Please, do come in OP, sit down on the couch.

Now, i gather you have anger issues concerning one Mr G Holt?

He was sent off certainly, might have been avoided certainly. So it''s ok to be angry. Let the anger out. But then ask yourself these questions:

Am i happy Holt scored twice?

Am i happy we won the game?

Amy i happy we''re a point from supposed safety?

You should then find your overall emotion is happiness, not anger.

Same time next week?

The opinion on this thread and generally is that Holty is forgiven for picking up a second yellow as he scored two and won us the game, and I would wholly agree.My point is one that none of the previous 50-odd posts here have covered.  Put yourself in Holt''s position.  With 10 mins remaining, your side lead 2-1, and you''ve scored both goals.  If your team hold out, you''ve just capped a fantastic days work, and will be taking plaudits from all and sundry for the rest of the weekend.  So as the end of the game gets ever nearer, your motivation and desire to defend your team''s lead finds new levels and new gears.  Just before Holt''s tackle, he put in a 30yard sprint to try and stop another Wolves attack.  If the previous 80mins had been different, Holty may not have bothered.I''ve been in Holt''s shoes once at local/amateur level, and believe me, you totally bust your a*** to defend that lead when you''ve scored what may be the winning goal, slightly more than you would if a teamate had scored it.Before anyone says it was still a silly tackle and he should have been more professional, I agree.  All I''m saying is the above is why it probably happened.  That''s our Holt, and that''s why we adore him.  He said how grumpy he was after the Man Utd game, when Giggs denied him a large slice of media coverage.  This situation had a similar air to it - a Wolves equaliser, and you can picture the headlines ("Wolves salvage a draw in their quest for survival").

[quote user="Tim Allman"][quote user="drurys testamonials mark 15"][quote user="Tim Allman"]

[/quote]Cheers for that Tim. Didn''t quite get the same view down at The Barclay![/quote]

Thanks, sometimes I feel (in my unbiased opinion of course!) that there is more action down the Barclay End of the pitch that at the River End; perhaps yesterday evened it up a little.

[/quote]

Depends what you mean by action. I thought more goals were scored by City up the Riverend

Thing that annoyed me the most about the second yellow was the stupid grinning face on Clit-enberg as he theatrically raised the yellow and then the red card while staring Holty smugly in the face. Holty should have chinned him on the spot and taken a five match ban.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

What an Idiot. He scored 1 brilliant goal, and just hit the penalty down the middle (nervous penalties) but gets himself 1 silly yellow, and his tackle was awful!

Then the crowd clap him as he leaves the field. Putting the team under extra pressure for the final 10 minutes ish!

[/quote]Well... his goals got us out of Division Three... his goals got us out of Division Two and his goals have kept us in Division One....He can do what he likes as long as we rely on his ability so much.