Sign in to follow this  
Ulf Ottosson

Adam drury and the teams he has played in

Adam drury ten plus years have got me thinking. Adam is clearly a good player and has been a wonderful servant for the club. Despite this he has been criticised in the past. Basically I think he looks a good player in a good team and an average one in a bad team. Which made me think do we have any bad players in the current good team and did we have good players in previous bad teams.

I think David Marshall was a lot better than is given credit for ditto etuhu. Anymore??

Interesting post Ulf[Y]

I agree with you about Etuhu. Not sure we have any bad players now and I still think Drury is the best fullback on our books. He just has trouble staying fit.

A recent player who I thought was way overated and poor in a good team when he played was Askou.

Askou good one! Agree entirely not a popular one but maybe korey just a little over hyped wes and Russell partnership was too good 4 league one.

David Marshall was bang average and could nt wait to get out of here the minute we got relegated. He had a Terrible "I''m only here to collect my money and don''t give a stuff about the fans" attitude and epitomised the "I think I''m a lot better than I actually am" feeling that ran through a lot of those deluded payers that were in my opinion not fit to wear the shirt.

I also though Jason Shackell was overrated by some as well.

I don''t recall Drury playing much 2007-09 because of injury.

Was that not our worst team(s) of the period?

Was Drury being absent not a significant factor in our demise?

Eadie, Bellamy & Roberts of the late 90s were great players in a mediocre side.

Etuhu''s whole problem was confidence, so when he felt good we saw some great football from him, when he wasn''t feeling so good he played like total crap.Heskey suffers from exactly the same issue, and with players like this, if you''re not massaging their confidence and reassuring them all the time, they blow horribly hot and cold (mainly cold).Good players in a bad team? I''d put a vote in for Lupoli here, who looked good at a time when we were awful and yet despite this got dropped by Roeder and faded into relative obscurity. I actually think we ruined his career to a certain extent...

It''s in general not really drury just good players trapped in bad Norwich teams and bad players in good teams.

Lupoli was a player I had completely forgotten about!

Not sure about shack he''s still playing championship football. Something which cannot be said of messers goss, sutch, coote, mulyrne etc

[quote user="bringbackandyhughes"]David Marshall was bang average and could nt wait to get out of here the minute we got relegated. He had a Terrible "I''m only here to collect my money and don''t give a stuff about the fans" attitude and epitomised the "I think I''m a lot better than I actually am" feeling that ran through a lot of those deluded payers that were in my opinion not fit to wear the shirt.

I also though Jason Shackell was overrated by some as well.[/quote]I actually thought David Marshall was a very good goalkeeper, had brilliant reactions and fairly decent distribution and to be fair to him, he put in a lot of good performances that year so I don''t agree with the "I don''t care attitude", although completely agree with you on Shackell, was a very poor defender for us, although did look a lot better when he came back on loan, still have nightmares about Shackell at centre back and Otsemobor at right back..............

micky spillane flatered to deceive. many pundits saying he was the next major canary player, now struggling for  dagenham and redbridge. ( redbridge is that part of london where the M11 meets the north circular ).

it shows how bad we were if we considered Marshall to be a good player!probably the worst goalkeeper i have ever seen long term (theo played one game... Simon tracey was a loan) and he really didnt want to be here... his concentration levels were shocking and he made mistake after mistake... how many points did he cost us in that final season compared to how many he won!Lupoli was a good player.... Roeder didint like him though!Dion Dublin was a world class player in a rubbish side... we were lucky to have him.

Marshall is a bit of a classic example of what I am talking about was he good and his problem was a back 4 of ostembor shack Doherty drury or was he just as bad and his back 4

[quote user="Ulf Ottosson"]Marshall is a bit of a classic example of what I am talking about was he good and his problem was a back 4 of ostembor shack Doherty drury or was he just as bad and his back 4[/quote]yet 3 of those defenders had premiership experience... 2 of them (Drury and Shacks) played a part in our promotion to the premiership. Like it or not Marshall was a big part of the problem.. positioning, communication, lack of concentration.... not his back 4 to blame for his misgivings!