Sign in to follow this  
dpit

Team mate onfield square ups

I nearly missed the pen on saturday because I was distracted by Ward and Ruddy giving it large to each other. I was trying to remeber other famous onfield bust ups between Canaries and couldn''t come up with any. Dont thnk they were close to blows but the drawn out nature of their altercation was striking in itself.

Didn''t Steeno and Malky have a set to in front of the N&P? It sparked the crowd with a roar, they immediately did a ''low five'' after their tiff and it gave the fans a big lift... if I remember it rightly.

At a game at Gillingham, Robert Green, in one of his first ever Norwich games made the mistake of squaring up to big Malky. The big man wasn''t impressed and quickly put him in his place!

[quote user="marvin the martian"]Didn''t Kevin Keelan square up to another player once ?[/quote]yeah he punched the opposition player clean on the chin

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"][quote user="marvin the martian"]Didn''t Kevin Keelan square up to another player once ?[/quote]

yeah he punched the opposition player clean on the chin
[/quote]

A chap called Brian Robson of Northampton Town at Carrow Road about 1966 if i remember correctly.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"][quote user="marvin the martian"]Didn''t Kevin Keelan square up to another player once ?[/quote]yeah he punched the opposition player clean on the chin [/quote]

A chap called Brian Robson of Northampton Town at Carrow Road about 1966 if i remember correctly.

[/quote]Can you imagine the kerfuffle if something like that happened now?

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"][quote user="marvin the martian"]Didn''t Kevin Keelan square up to another player once ?[/quote]yeah he punched the opposition player clean on the chin [/quote]

[/quote]Can you imagine the kerfuffle if something like that happened now? [/quote]Yeah! Two OAPs fighting would be awesome!

The opening day 4-0  loss to Millwall.Wasn''t there a bit of a rumble between our players?

Also didn''t Grobelaar have a few punch ups with team-mates?

And Lee Bowyer.

There is a story (I think in Kevin Keelan''s biography) of a fight between Ted MacDougall and Mel Machin after Ted said "Play the ball to my fight you ....." and Mel replied "Why don''t you run for it you lazy....".

It was in a closed door friendly if I remember correctly.

flem and Jackson were always at loggerheads.Jacko was a t*t! used to spend games either demoralising poor Darren Kenton, Blaming Che Wilson for his mistakes or agruing with flemmo....I can remember a sheepish andy Marshall having to pull them apart in a game.. might have been Barnsley at home.flem should have nutted him!

I can rember Roger Hansbury slapping someone during a heavy defeat a Middleborough for letting a ball run past him for one on the goals. I think we lost 5 or 6 nil. Wouldn''t expect too many to remember it there wasn''t many Norwich fans at away games in those days.