Sign in to follow this  
Mr Brownstone

Player of the Season voting open

I have voted Fox, we just do not look the same without him. Although judging by Twitter and the views on there, Ruddy will win. Cant really complain with that.

Fox is big for the team and looks even  better with a player like Howson around.     Its tough because they have all been learning and adjusting to the premiership.  Surman, Fox, Naughton, Whitbread, R. Martin even though he has featured so much recently. They''ve all improved. To me the most improved player and one that has made the most impact on results is Holt!  He re-invented himself after afew games, got to the fittest he has  ever been and scored season changing goals.  But then Ruddy has gained in stature and saved points with his goalkeeping.  

Ruddy or Holt.   Can''t make up my mind.  Can you vote twice?

Has to be Holt. Can''t argue with 12 league goals.

They always say that scoring goals is the hardest thing to do and he''s got 12 of them (so far) in a league often described as being the best in the world.

Then there''s obviously all the other stuff he brings to the team.

I know people would like to give other players recognition and the likes of Ruddy and Fox have been great for us this season but it should be Holt. It really should.

Yes Holty has scored many, but Ruddy has gained us some points!!! Remember the Liverpool game etc...!

RuddyFoxNaughton/Holt.I am in no doubt that Holt will win, goalscorers usually get favoured in these sort of things, but for me Ruddy has been a rock for us this season. And in a year of rotation, he has been the one real ever-present in the lineup.However I would not argue with anyone, they all deserve it.

How/ Where do you vote?

I''m gonna have a think about this one:

Holt is a contender, but he''s mixed some awesome displays in with some real ineffectual ones (if i''m being harsh)

K Naughts has been good, but probably hasn''t stood out enough.

Ruddy has come on leaps and bounds again, but are we really going to give it to a keeper who only has 2 clean sheets this year?

R Martin deserves a mention for his heroics at Centre back when we looked in real trouble with only Barnett as our fit CB option.

Whitbread has come on a lot and has not looked back since the Newcastle game. His abscence and 2 poor games vs Wigan and Chelsea probably cost him the trophy.

Same with Surman really, if it was done on the later games, he''d be right up there, but poor games and injury early on wreck his chances.

Pilkington is a good shout, his goals to games ratio is nothing short of remarkable for a midfielder in a newly promoted team.

According to my database i''ve been keeping with my own player ratings of each game, of the players who have played more than a handful of games, Ruddy is winning with Pilkington and Holt not far behind.

This probably reflects my voting.

A couple more match winning displays from any of the 3 could sway it for me.

Tierney was excellent early season, Ruddy, Naughton, Whitbread & Fox all consistently good.  But Holt has been immense, i''m not sure any other players contribution to a club over 3 years can match his.

Fox has been consistently good, but not enough standout performances to merit POTS status. Tierney and Morison were front runners until they got injured/ lost form

''Player'' of the season? One outstanding candidate. Tierney.

Joking apart, for sentimental reasons I''m going to vote for Grandad - only seen Adam Drury a couple of times this season but he''s still got it. Realisticlly, Ruddy should nail this with Holty running him close.

To be honest every single one of the lads deserves the accolade. Each and everyone of them has done us proud, really proud. Team effort.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Yes Holty has scored many, but Ruddy has gained us some points!!! Remember the Liverpool game etc...![/quote]

I remember the Liverpool game. I also remember who scored an absolute belting header in that game.

Had it not been for that header then Ruddy''s save at the end of the game wouldn''t have been worth anything.

There are 3 virtually ever-presents who have really impressed me this season, namely Holt, Ruddy & Naughton.

Naughton shades it for me. He has had to cover at left back and centre back, has rarely had a bad game, and has offered more than the occasional glimpse of real class.

Not sure how I feel about giving it to a loanee, though.

Ruddy Holt or Fox for me.I think Ruddy just shades it, for his performance over the entire season. Fox has grown in stature as the season has gone on, and Holty has won it before, we need to spread the love.However had Howson been here since the beginning....

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]it will be Ruddy or Holt.. although i''d of chucked a vote Naughtons way if he had been our player.[/quote]Ah, but he''s played like he''s been one of ours. And going by out recent loan history he''s been the best over the course of an entire season.  He should be given equal consideration like everybody else imo.  Unless he could be given a special token award especially after what Lambert has said in the past about some Prem players happy to sit on their arses rather than go and make an effort at a loan club.

Has to be Big John Ruddy for me.  The second he put Drogba into the twilight zone, I was in love.

If it dosen''t close till May 7th, I''m going to wait and see what happens over the next few weeks.   Holt or Ruddy  for me at the moment - but there''s still time for one or two of the others to influence things.

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]it will be Ruddy or Holt.. although i''d of chucked a vote Naughtons way if he had been our player.
[/quote]

Ah, but he''s played like he''s been one of ours. And going by out recent loan history he''s been the best over the course of an entire season.  He should be given equal consideration like everybody else imo. 

Unless he could be given a special token award especially after what Lambert has said in the past about some Prem players happy to sit on their arses rather than go and make an effort at a loan club.
[/quote]

Completely agree with this.He has worn the yellow all season and been brilliant.Ignore the fact he is a loan,it''s not really relevant imo.

Personally i am voting for Morison.Not because he has been the best,but sticking two fingers up at all the people on his case.