Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Favourite non-NCFC player in this season's Premier League?

I''ve paid more attention to the other Premiership teams this season, knowing we''re going to end up facing them twice at some point.  I think my favourite non-City player in this season''s Premier League has been Demba Ba.  He''s gone off the boil a bit since the signing of Cisse appears to have pushed him into a deeper role, but he still looks threatening whenever he has the ball.  I also like the direct approach and pace of Valencia.Who is yours?

The only time I''ve ever thought "what a player" was when Henry rocked up at carrow rd with arsenal last time in the prem. This season I''ve not thought that about any opposition player. There are several players I like the look of but can''t say I have a "favourite."

Steven Gerrard for me.Liverpool have long been my second team (I know, I know I hate that phrase also) and to finally get there and watch him in the flesh at Anfield was a personal long time aim fulfilled .He''s carried Liverpool this season (just like every season).

I feel kind of guilty saying it given how obvious the choice is, but has to be RVP for me. Simply one of the best players I have ever seen play. He has everything you could want in a striker: movement, pace, ability to hit a ball however it comes to you... I would say 2nd best player in the world behind Messi, and to be honest i''m not that high on Messi, some of the stuff he does is wonderful but often seems to just be a bit quiet if he isn''t having a great game (ie vs AC Milan) where as RVP has had so many 1 shot 1 goals this season. Also has 8 assists I think (if not more) to go with his goals.

No not at all. But it seems to me Messi (from when I have seen him, which isn''t that much admittedly) that he either is amazing, scoring 5 goals or he doesn''t score. Taken slightly out of context though. I prefer to watch RVP if i''m honest.

world player is clearly messi - but as the question was the best prem player the two players I think are head and shoulders above any other are Yaya Toure and Van Persie. Close to are Modric, Bale, Mata and David Silva

Fernando Torres. Missing that chance against us made my season!

Yaya Toure was awesome against us without breaking into a sweat...Agureo''s movement and touch was amazing though...I''ll go for Kun.

We haven''t been outclassed in and away game this season (so far :0/) but Man City put 5 goals past us....now that tells you summut.

Yaya Toure for me. The guy owns the game when he''s on form. When he isn''t he just plays well. Formidable.

Super Mario every time...genuine characters are few and far between in the modern game and his antics are spontaneous and harmless. (and he can play a bit)

Hate to say it, but not enough Man U players mentioned. Giggs and Scholes continue to impress, Ferdinand has been class all season and seems to finally have a long spell relatively injury free. Valencia has been very effective down the right, but more so, Rooney has been immense. Not quite as immense as RVP, but up there. Of the non-top sides, i have enjoyed Sessegnon a lot.

How could i forget Mario Balotelli! Loved every minute of him being here, he even had me in stitches shouldering the ball  over the line vs us!

[quote user="Shaker Maker"]Steven Gerrard for me.

Liverpool have long been my second team (I know, I know I hate that phrase also) and to finally get there and watch him in the flesh at Anfield was a personal long time aim fulfilled .

He''s carried Liverpool this season (just like every season).
[/quote]

Has he really carried Liverpool this season?? He''s made 15 Premier League appearances to far and only 9 of them have been starts.

Obviously he hit the headlines with a hat trick against Everton but his form hasn''t been much better than average.

I''m not sure if anyone has carried Liverpool this season. Apart from winning the league cup they''ve been fairly mediocre. You''d probably have to look at Skrtel for someone who has played consistently well throughout the season.

Can''t look far beyond Van Persie to be honest, he''s been sensational this season. If Arsenal can build on this end of season form, get Podolski in and a couple other signings they''d be my tip for the title next season.

[quote user="star_manic"]RVP for me, if he had a right foot as well as the rest of his atributes he would be right up there alongside messi.[/quote]

If i had all Messis attributes and a right foot, i''d be alongside him too :P

For the first half of the season, without doubt David Silva. Was amazing.However in terms of the whole season it has to be Robin Van Persie. Unbelievable player, just wow.

RVP without a doubt, pure class. I think this is the first season in about 4/5 seasonw here he has managed to stay fit for most of the season, and by god he is good when he''s fit. If one player has carried a club this season it is him at Arsenal.No-one stands out in the Man U side except nani for me, i think Man U had looked quite average this season in a lot of games- which shows their class if they are still going to win the league playing some shit football.