Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

Most important goals scored at River End?

I''m not just referring to Bolton, Man Utd, West Brom or Middlesboro this season  and know that the statistics must be 50/50 but the crucial goals it seems to me happen at the River End (too may to state here but I''m going right back to 70''s and Milk Cup goals etc.). Superstitious even - City have often kicked off towards Barclay end.

Perhaps now, we know how to win a match and can repeat it for the next 6 games? Well done Safri - the difference in midfield.

steady on...

I think because generally that these goals do come in the 2nd half of games and we are Barclay1st, N+P 2nd half. Generally if we lose the toss then we we will change round.

I have noticed from around the country of how you work out in stadiums which way the teams attack in both half. Generally the teams will attack each end depending on where the opposition fans are based either in an end, corner or half of the pitch. At Norwich the away end is on the Barclay side of the ground so the players will train on this end and providing they win the toss will shoot towards the Barclay attacking the half were the away fans are and the away team will attack were predominanently where the home fans are. In the 2nd half they will attack towards their own fans.

From last season I know that a few people in the Barclay were annoyed because they didn''t see a home goal at their end for ages. I think it was between Cardiff and Stoke. Having watched the video of goals last season I noticed the pattern.

Forest: 1st Half goal but had to change ends because they loss the toss so goal at N+P end.

Sheff Utd: 2nd half goal with no change round

West Ham: same as above

Ipswich: All 3 in 2nd half in front of N+P

Gillingham: same as above

Stoke: Just in the nick of time of the 1st half but the goal finally came in front of the Barclay.