Sign in to follow this  
unique

Paul Lambert's 'recent trip'

So how many supporters were aware of PL''s recent trip to Barcelona, where he watched the training and spoke with Pep Guardiola?

This man is operating on a completely different level to any previous Norwich City manager - fingers crossed the Board matches his ambition.

"fingers crossed the Board matches his ambition"oh dear(I think you''ll find it is the other way round - as Paul Lambert has said on a few times)

[quote user="unique"]So how many supporters were aware of PL''s recent trip to Barcelona, where he watched the training and spoke with Pep Guardiola? This man is operating on a completely different level to any previous Norwich City manager - fingers crossed the Board matches his ambition.[/quote]

Tapping up Pep to be his number three?

[quote user="unique"]So how many supporters were aware of PL''s recent trip to Barcelona, where he watched the training and spoke with Pep Guardiola? This man is operating on a completely different level to any previous Norwich City manager - fingers crossed the Board matches his ambition.[/quote].......i mentioneed this a week or more ago on some thread. i assume it was during the squads spanish break.

He admits he is extremely ambitious but maintains his sole focus is with the Canaries.

The former Celtic star said: "I want to take Norwich as far as possible, I want to win things.

"I had it a lot as a player. I won some big things as a player but I''d love to do it as a manager.

"I have my own philosophy and that''s what I want to do.

"I enjoy speaking to people who have a great knowledge of the game. Particularly Ottmar Hitzfeld and Martin O''Neill, my two biggest influences.

"I also went to Barcelona the other week to have a look at the training and I spoke to Pep Guardiola.

"Steve Archibald, my old team-mate from St Mirren, sorted it for me. I am ambitious.

"You always want the best and I am no different. I will give the board a list of players I want in the summer.

"You have to push things — in terms of the players you ask for — to move forward. I don''t want to stand still and be mediocre. I want to drive it on.

"Every year we have brought in six or seven payers rather than two or three. That''s huge turnover.

"We have enjoyed a good season but until you are mathematically safe you cannot be sure.

"I am not taking anything for granted. What we have done these last two years is amazing and staying up this season would be another great achievement.

"When you look at who we were playing two years ago, it is incredible to now see us face Arsenal, the Manchester clubs and Chelsea."

This week two years ago, Norwich drew 1-1 at Swindon, while today Lambert''s side host a Wolves team who are fighting for survival.

Lambert admits he was flattered to feature so highly among the voting by fellow Premier League managers.

The Scot added: "It was great to hear that. It was fantastic as it came from managers who have done this year-in year-out.

OTBC

Will Delia & the board be able to stump up the cash required?I bet Fernandes would.I bet Marcus Evans would.I bet some people actually think this.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I bet I bet I bet [/quote]Your real name is Michael Chopra and I claim my five pounds.[;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Mister Chops"]I bet I bet I bet [/quote]Your real name is Michael Chopra and I claim my five pounds.[;)][/quote][Y] Double or quits on the flip of this coin.  I flip, you call.