Sign in to follow this  
star_manic

ryan bennett

thought he looked the real deal today, wouldn''t have thought that it was his first game in the premier, so composed and great tackles and blocks put in. must start alongside zak now. thought he was pushing for our mom.[:)]

possible future england player for me, very rare you get a CB whos commanding and agilereminds me of a young terry, hopefully not so much of an idiot

future Norwich captain if he stays

Good performance and must have been a hell of an introduction to EPL the way we started. He could easily have been rattled by that.   Some really well timed tackles and from what I saw on a feed was comfortable on the ball.

some of the fouls he gave away were fantastic.he got them in really early in a brake away and took the presure off, broke down the play and he made it look easy. its like hes been at the top for years.

Definitely looks the part, and with Howson also having an excellent game* the future looks positive if we are able to bring in players of this quality, when supposedly we are told there are no others left in the lower leagues

* you mean put in a good shift, ......do try a keep with it, Daddio

Good game lets hope he keeps it up. Whitbread on the other hand plays exceptional then plays crap cannot make my mind up on him

That''s a bit unfair BW

Bennett was outstanding. Posh fans also reckon he''ll play for the senior national side

Bennett looks the real deal. 

Zak''s position is not so clear cut.  Was his substitution at half time because of his defensive play, his inability to play the "new" 3 CB formation or his inability to play the ball out of defence effectively? 

Like others have said will it be Bennett and Ayala next season as the preferred set up or will Lambert persevere with the 3 CB system?  On todays evidence there''s a lot of work to do before I''ll be convinced!

Zak struggles in the 3 centre back formation as he seems toned up playing almost in a left back role. I hate the formation as we look like conceding Everytine the opposition attack.

Thought Ward should have been subbed today at half time but Lambert seems to really rate him for soe reason.

Im sorry, Ive just got back from the game and am a little drunk, but is this a joke? I thought he was ok, he passed backwards and sideways very nicely, the formation affected the whole team but i thought it worried him the most. i like him and think he will be a full international in the future, but calm down.

Largey, I think you may have missed a couple of great tackles, one in the box on Dempsey when about to pull the trigger.

Howson was great again today. Looks like another 2 great Lambert signings.

Largey you''re saying calm down but you''ve just stated he''ll become a future England player?

Looked uncomfortable and out of his depth in the first half formation, save a couple of good blocks. Looked the mutts in the second half in a proper back 4. DEfinitely a quality player and agree that Howson looks the business - future looks bright!Look forward to Rhodes and Ince coming across in the summer.

[quote user="Time For Heroes"]  Maby we should play 3 at the back more often [;)]
[/quote]

Nooooooooooooooooo[:''(]

I thought he looked (understandably) tentative early on, but the goalsaving block seemed to give him more self belief and he made one stunning tackle in the second half when Dempsey (I think as we were at the other end) looked through on goal. More pace than our other centre backs and clealry has a cool head and reads the game well. he and Howson are definitely upgrades.

Looks very decent based on yesterday. He also won headers at attacking corners on at least three occasions, wouldn’t be surprised to see him nick a set piece goal or two over the course of a season.