Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Why this formation? Poor Mr Lambert

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]The wing backs get the crosses in - which naughton can do from the right and I would have pilkington doing from the left.

A good wing back is a fanstastic player but its physically demanding Zeige is the best I can remember in recent years - philip lahm pretty good too - lambert showing his german heritage again...[/quote]Don''t think Pilkington has the defensive ability to play wing-back. I''d like to see Tierney play left wing-back before we give up on this formation.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="Alex "]Well said, Trent.[/quote]To dumb for your own opinion Alex, now there is a surprise![/quote]

Haha :) Coming from the plonker who can''t work out how to put a basic youtube link on here? And also feels the need to ask where the Fernandes thread has ''gone'' - so stupid that no one actually replied to it? Nice one Rodney!

[quote user="chopper hitler"]shocking formation. why the 3 centre backs? leave the experimental stuff for pre-season. I thought we were going to have a go now we were supposedly safe.[/quote]

Now that we are safe, this IS our pre-season.

It gives Lambert time to try things out, see who is capable of what and who he needs to buy in the summer.

Why wait til July /August playing against Dereham Town to plan for another season in the Prem?

The funny thing was with the wing backs we never got the ball to them quick enough to advance and put a cross in as Surman Howson Hoolahoops, Whitbread and Ward played the ball around, we did not pick up the pace in our passing to these wing backs when they had space.The system did not help Morison, he needs another striker along side him and Lambert let him down yesterday. It was the perfect game to see if Morison and Jackson can build a striker partnership, instead he was given nothing and had to chase balls down.The support was very poor in the first half and we didn''t even test Schwarzer.This system is quite a dramatic change to the diamond and the systems we have played previously. It needs work done to it and yes you can only test it in games but I do think we should not be doing it half way through March. Personally I think Cup games again are ideal to test new tactics, certainly when you are dramtically changing the system.4-4-2 please and I look forward to some genuine pace coming to Carrow Road.