Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Face it, we're doomed!. But...

Wouldn''t it be great to help ruin Manure''s chances of winning the title tomorrow?.

Now, I have little or no faith in Worthy, I don''t rate him and I think he''s useless as our manager, but, I have a greater dislike of United and IMO, their questionable ethics and their dominating, moody boss!.

So for 1 day only, I''m behind Worthy all the way, shove it up them Reds please Nigel, and don''t be intimidated by old red face Fergie.

Like Worthy said in today''s EDP, ''Get stuck in''.

IMHO, Rooney and Co are all overpaid temperamental brats, and liable to get rattled very easily. Who knows?, with a decent ref........ Sorry, I got carried away that last bit!.

We may be doomed, but wouldn''t you just love to see the MOTD TV Lineker and and his cohorts faces, not to mention old Fergie''s, and of course,the local United fans, if we won?.  

Agreed Wiz.  It would be awesome if we could beat United tomorrow.  Just to give us something to smile about.  I know it''s very unlikely but not impossible IMO.  Wolves did it last year.  There is normally one big shock a season and I can''t remember one so far.  Maybe it''ll come tomorrow!  All the pressure is on United.  If we lose 3/4-0 nobody will bat an eyelid.  However, if we scrape a 1-0 win it''ll be the result of the season.

Come in boys, we can do it!

Manure chances of winning the title are already ruined - but if we could push them towards pre-qualifying for Europe I will be over the moon - and give me some bragging rights over my manure supporting city season ticket holding brother in law...

A draw will be an significant achievement though and a win would probably shift my season into a raging success!

OTBC  

[quote]Manure chances of winning the title are already ruined - but if we could push them towards pre-qualifying for Europe I will be over the moon - and give me some bragging rights over my manure supportin...[/quote]

I think the local United fans are my biggest hang up Zipper.

I''ve never understood it. But maybe its because their lives are missing something that they need to be associated with some kind of success.

I trust that doesn''t insult your inlaws too much mate, but I do feel that strong about it.

[quote]Wouldn''t it be great to help ruin Manure''s chances of winning the title tomorrow?. Now, I have little or no faith in Worthy, I don''t rate him and I think he''s useless as our manager, but, I have a gr...[/quote]

They forecast snow this weekend  don''t they Wiz ?

You will remember no doubt about 56 years ago when third division Norwich City played the mighty Man.Utd. on a snow covered Carrow Road pitch , we had no possible chance of course but as you know it turned out to be "Bly Bly Babes" that day didn''t it ?.

So perhaps tomorrow just to commemorate that day it could be "Cry Cry Babes ! "

Yes stuffing the Urinals would be some small compensation.

I sem to remember pre Prem I think we were unbeaten in 6 consecutive matches against MU, until 3-0 reverse at Carrow Rd which was all ticket which I only found out after driving 100 miles to be stopped on Carrow Bridge.  Another reason if I needed one to hate the Red Scum.

first wiz

know how you feel, my son (when at school in beccles) had a hell of a time at school from these so called football fans, always having a go at him for supporting his local team etc

thing is, we found out the other day one of them (as reported in the evening news and a woman''s mag) had a son and called him rooney!!

we both had a good laugh over that 

[quote]They forecast snow this weekend don''t they Wiz ? You will remember no doubt about 56 years ago when third division Norwich City played the mighty Man.Utd. on a snow covered Carrow Road pitch , we h...[/quote]

And what a day! Jim.

Although your post did bring a nostalgic tear to my old heart, and yes posters, I do have one!.  

As its out of my remit, anyone know of a good snow dance?.

I hope we see a combative performance tomorrow what with all thenoises coming out of Carra. Just hope they don''t all turn into Lee Marshalls charging around in a frenzy of ineffectiveness.

If we did win I could then lie back and accept relegation with at least a hint of a smile. It won''t make up for it but it would be as exceedingly nice as one of Mr Kipling''s cakes.

"Woe! Woe! and thrice Woe"! I don''t really care whether we get a trouncing, I will be spending my time counting and then poking fun at the "Norfolk Redz", who will suddenly materialise around the proximity of my seat in the City stand.

Seriously, (if I can be), Man-Ure are going to come here to win, and to win with conviction. I am so very fortunate, that I will be able to be in the ground to witness this predicted slaughter (gulp!) 

If we get a result, I will be ecstatic! If we manage to keep the score down to 2 or 3 goals, I will be pumped up like a blowfish with pride! If we win by the odd goal, "Whoosh Oink!" sorry!, I was momentarily distracted by a low flying pig shooting past my window! Yeah, if we win?, I will celebrate by drinking 14 pints of Guinness, consume 2 KFC bargain buckets and 3 mixed kebabs, all washed down with 8 triple Vodka & Red bulls. Then, I''ll regurgitate shortly afterwards (projectile style) - an Alfresco pavement pizza! Then off to a nightclub, to scream abuse and threaten violence at the door staff for refusing me entry! Probably flag down and jump into a taxi to Colney, so that I can collapse in the changing room, so as I''m not late for training on Monday! OTBC ;~)  

Or how about ''Ash, Ash, Reds'' or even ''Mac, Mac, Ferdie.''

I wonder how many of today''s posters know what we ''oldsters" really talking about?!

Ken Nethercott; Bryan Thurlow, Ron Ashman; Roy McCrohan, Barry Butler, Matt Crowe; Errol Crossan, Terry Allcock, Terry Bly, Jimmy Hill, Bobby Brennan.

Together with Sandy Kennon, my City team for the ages. It was the beginning of the modern story of our Canaries. 

Now, c''mon Ash or Mac, let''s be having you!

OTBC.

[quote]Slight correction on your sums Jim. It was 46 years ago. For a moment you were making me as old as I feel.[/quote]

Whoops ! Sorry YC , guess you thought you were in for the free T.V. licence there !

YES!.

Thank you Worthy, Fegie''s face was a bloody picture tonight.

But I really don''t think I cant take too much more tension, not with my blood presssure and all!.    

Apparently we''re the first team in 7 years to silence Fergie, he wouldn''t even talk to MUTV!!In the words of Delia, Bloody Brilliant!!

I happen to be married to a life long man utd fan and my daughter is also a big rooney fan and my son had the sense to support the team of his birth place Colchester .So i had to dumb down my celebrations when i got in as i didnt want my tea to end up in the dog but not to worry they both said the best team so ive got bragging rites in the house this year  OTBC