Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

Apology

I must apologise to all of you out there because I have dared to criticise Paul Lambert and upset a few people!!! Sorry for having an opinion that is not the correct one!!!

it is fair game having an opinion Baldy but in the last few threads you seem to be questioning EVERY decision Lambert has made for the last few weeks... the situation isnt terrible... sure he doesn''t always get it right but he does more often than not.Lambert has been doing the same thing for the last 2 or 3 years and i notice you havent questioned it before... just wondering why?

i do agree with that.. people think that once a season is over its a clean slate.. not so.. momentum from the end of season can go into pre season, perhaps dictate if new signings come or not and gives a good platform to build on.

forums wouldnt exist, and life would be very very boring if everyone agreed/had the same opinions.write wtf you like. i might not like it but youre entitled to express it

[quote user="baldyboy"]I must apologise to all of you out there because I have dared to criticise Paul Lambert and upset a few people!!! Sorry for having an opinion that is not the correct one!!!

[/quote]

The apology will I`m sure be accepted by most posters. I notice your outburst was not made till halftime, if you felt so strongly about the topic I am a bit surprised you didn`t post when the team was announced! 

[quote user="baldyboy"]I didnt turn on til 15 mins and we were 2 down!!! I was in a severe state of shock!!!
[/quote]

Doesn''t seem to take much to get you in a severe state of shock then buddy!

How on earth did you cope when we were 3-1 down at home to Blackburn?

are you denying his right to have an opinion on his own mental state ?

bearing in mind that most of us already have formed an opinion on that matter

You can have an opinion, no dramas. Just before you share your opinions next time, please say the following phrase to yourself;

"When compared to Paul Lambert, I know absolutely nothing about the game of Association Football".

Then, think again if you want to click "Post".

Thanks for that.

No need to apologise, I was at the match yesterday and was again surprised and a bit disappointed by yet another change in personel.  Aside from the enforced Holt change, I didn''t see the need to switch the team and formation from the 2nd half of the week before.  We were well in control throughout the 2nd half against Wolves (apart from when down to 10 men) and if it ain''t broke, don''t fix it.The defence was a shambles again yesterday for the first half and part of this has to be down to having absolutely no consistency in who is playing and where.  A defence and goal keeper needs to build an understanding and know each others games inside out in order to be successful.  This will not happen experimenting with a different line up each week.  Most of our best results this season have come from playing a version of 4-4-2 so why not stick with this for rest of the season as it seems to suit our current crop of players better?  Our success over the 2 promotion years was built on playing the diamond and mostly the same players week in week out and invariably when Lambert tried something different, it didn''t work and resulted in a half time change.               I appreciate the Prem is a different animal and you can''t get away with playing the diamond each week but it does prove that players are most comfortable when playing in a tried and tested formation alongside players whom they know their games.  How many times this season have we been losing at half time only to revert to something a bit more conventional at the break and see a signicant improvement in performance in the 2nd half?  By then, it is often too little too late and we still end up losing.  This was put down to Lambert not knowing his best team earlier in the season but I would hope that by now, he has a pretty good idea as to what his ideal starting 11 would be. Lambert may decide that 5-3-2 is the way we will play going forward and I am not questionning this as certain aspects of this have looked very good.  However, now is the time to get points on the board not for experimentation, that is what pre-season is for.  Before the onslaught this is not an anti-Lambert thread, just my opinion that I would prefer to see a bit more consistency in team selection and formation.

[quote user="technika"]forums wouldnt exist, and life would be very very boring if everyone agreed/had the same opinions.write wtf you like. i might not like it but youre entitled to express it

[/quote]Yes Baldyboy, I like the advice of technika. [Y]But if you really want to fit in here then you could always follow the long term posters of this messageboard...Never apologise no matter how many times you are proven wrong. Never admit that you are wrong, belittle other NCFC fans, show that you have a bigger ego than Tevez and Balotelli combined and you will fit in well!

Baldyboy

You confuse me. You start off by criticising every decision that is made by Lambert, then you sign off with -

"Is Paul Lambert the Messiah? I Think so!!!!"

I think you need to work out whiat you really think or nobody will take you seriously!

Clint

"However, now is the time to get points on the board not for experimentation, that is what pre-season is for" 

Preseason is far too late to experiment and find out what players are capable of and what extra personnel we need. If we want a second successful season in the prem then preseason has to start here. After all we are definitely safe. So it may cost us a place or 3 but if it keeps us up next year then carry on Paul Lambert experimant all you like.

I agree with Clint. No need for Baldyboy to apologise. Lambert has done a tremendous job but I do not think it is unreasonable for some constructive comments to be made. If the match at Fulham was Lambert''s first game in charge I think many people would say "what the heck is going on"

1) The traditional four man defence has done very well. For example strikers such as Ba, Cisse, Carrol, Torres,  have virtually been non-existent. Why suddenly switch to a three man defence which clearly was unsettled in the early stages of the Fulham match.

2) To introduce Ryan Bennett from Peterborough in a kind of right centre back/right back in a three man defence was very ambitious. By the way he looks very promising.

3) Russell Martin is a good attacking fullback, but playing as an attacking wing back is not his strength. Does not have the pace and is not suited to a tight short passing midfield role. Much the same can be said about Kyle Naughton. A very good right fullback but again not a left sided wing back.

4) Johnny Howson showed a much needed directness against Wigan - but again was bogged down with the midfield. Again looks good.

5) Morrison is so out of form that he should not have started. To be fair he has scored some great goals but on most occasions he looks as if he has just come from the Anglian Combination.

Our overall performances have slipped a bit over recent weeks and as a Sky commentator correctly noted we have plenty of the ball but no cutting edge. In my view the midfield is not providing quality support to the strikers and we have no width.

Since Lambert has been here I think most supporters would agree with his team selections based on form etc. All I can think is that the Fulham game was some sort of experiment, which he would not advertise in advance. All seemed very strange.

Like Clint I await the onslaught. I am only trying to make observations on what I have seen. Paul Lambert has done wonders and is clearly a great manager. Perhaps my expectations are too high !!!

Nothing to disagree with there vosThe cutting edge mentioned is what frustrates many City fans. At times we seem to be playing it ''too much by the book'', fearing to take a chance, have a go etc. Great build to the the final third then we seem to freeze before eventually we get in a cross, which has been well anticipated and is dealt with accordingly. Morison is out or sorts for whatever reason and on reflection Wilbrham would have been a better starter.Lambert has readily admitted before that they got things wrong (Doncaster away) and so it was Saturday. Whitbreads natural inclination was to drift towards the middle and pushing Martin and Naughton forward merely squeezed the middle. Fine for keeping the ball and playing numerous ''one touches'' which are excellent at Colney but the the Cottage.Hopefully come Saturday Holt will be back, we will play with a flat back four and recognise that as inventive and tricky as he is Hoolahan is not always creating chances. However on an optimistic note if Lambert can find the likes of Howson and Bennet then I have no doubt that he will have a few others lined up in the summer, which may well mean the departure of a few old favourites.