Sign in to follow this  
unique

MOTD coverage

I know this old chestnut raises its head nearly every week but blimey, Lineker and the Beeb plumbed new depths this weekend.

Barely four minutes coverage....no time for any analysis.....Shearer making a cynical remark in the background.....it was a bloody disgrace. Better to have not bothered at all, rather than this apology for the highlights of the game and a representation of the balance of play.

Everton v WBA is as much a ''mid-table'' fixture as Norwich''s match, but was treated with nowhere near as much disdain.

Many Norwich supporters do not have Sky and are therefore left with the petty morsels that MOTD has to offer.

I am really developing an intense dislike of these smug presenters/analysts/a***holes that are representing the BBC''s flagship football programme - possibly the only stain on what has been a fantastic first season back in the Premier League.

It used to annoy me until i decided that it actually worked to our advantage- i think we are seen as kind of unfashionable outsiders in football, but that adds to the togetherness and team ethic within the club.

Why don''t the BBC just come clean and say they hate Norwich because of ITV links to the city and also say we ain''t giving Norwich f all coverage.

As for Mr ''chicken n beans'' that''s real professionalism to shout "yay!" in background. You may well one of our best English strikers ever but my estimation of you has gone down since hearing that.

But Fulham vs Norwich was mid-table mediocrity - nothing particularly exiting there for the neutrals? I just hope we start playing like ''each league place really does matter''; the £ revenue from two or three extra places up the table could help us buy a Premiership relegation cast-off player in a few weeks time!

Gary Lineker Tweeted

"Most thoroughly enjoyed MOTD it appears. Few moans from FFC and NCFC which I fully understand. Big cock up in timings, sorry."

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

What did Shearer shout ''Yay'' in response to?

OTBC

[/quote]

not having time to have to function his meagre brain to trot out the same tired cliches about one more game, as far as I could tell.  Man is a moron with nothing interesting to say.  I much prefer MOTD2 and they do often have some nice things to say about us.

[quote user="SWP Poor Mans Ruel Fox"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

What did Shearer shout ''Yay'' in response to?

OTBC

[/quote]

not having time to have to function his meagre brain to trot out the same tired cliches about one more game, as far as I could tell.  Man is a moron with nothing interesting to say.  I much prefer MOTD2 and they do often have some nice things to say about us.

[/quote]

MOTD 2 is much more relaxed. Fun cartoons prior to the highlights etc. Much better show.Plus Lee Dixon is much better than Alan S.

[quote user="alartz"]As for Mr ''chicken n beans'' that''s real professionalism to shout "yay!" in background. You may well one of our best English strikers ever but my estimation of you has gone down since hearing that.[/quote]

"I would love it if he got sacked. Love it. He’s gone down in my estimation, I’d love it if he got sacked."

Why don''t the BBC just come clean and say they hate Norwich because of ITV links to the city and also say we ain''t giving Norwich f all coverage.

I think it''s a little far- fetched to say that the BBC as an entire organisation hate Norwich because of ITV!

It''s so easy to picture the scene in the BBC''s boardroom:

Director General: I''ll teach those carrot-crunching fools to have ITV in their so-called fine city! DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT AND DO IT NOW I TELL YOU!

MOTD producer: Yes sir, sorry sir, of course. I know... we''ll cut down their football club''s coverage on our show! That''ll learn ''em!

MOTD2, like The Godfather 2, is one of those rare examples of the sequel being better than the original.

MOTD''s ''analysis'' is poor-dissecting goals and stating the obvious- "...the lad plays a pass to the number 7 on the outside, he pops it over and the big lad up front nods it in..." -lots of graphics to explain what everyone can see anyway!

Yes, of course they are time restricted. We can appreciate that.

So give it more time? What about the opportunity to have a livlier debate as well-get some decent football writers in like Patrick Barclay, maybe an ex-ref or two, some different ex-players rather than the same old in-crowd.  Mix it up a little.

Wish that the dedication and attention to detail they give F1 could be given to the football.

Still, as they will have no football next season, there''ll be no MOTD anyway. Channel 4 and 5 both want Prem highlights and the former will blow any BBC bid out of the water as regards a bid-they got horse racing, incl.The Grand National from BBC and are still smarting at being ignored re.F1 in favour of Sky. Ch 4 Prem highlights with James Richardson at 9pm on a Saturday night? Don''t bet against it.

Enjoying Gary Neville on Sky.

I''ve given up on MOTD and just watch Football First on Sky, where you can be sure of extensive higlights and very little studio drivel.

It does add to the togetherness of the club, if we all feel like enemy of BBC.

It''s still very condescending coverage- compared to Swansea who are treated like Barcelona, it''s ''lucky old Norwich''. Which is incredibly frustrating for us, but I imagine it''s how Lambert likes it.

Having only missed the Burnley game this season (wether it be seeing games live or on a stream), I have seen we try and play football, and realise our strengths and weaknesses and play accordingly.

However my friends just on MOTD coverage think we''re a long ball team, who play similar to the Bolton of the Allardyce era. Just on the highlights they decide to show.

Incredibly frustrating.

From reading Lineker''s Tweets on Saturday night we can expect a further reduction in our coverage, as it seems due to cost-cutting they are going to have two matches which they concentrate on and show the rest as goal highlight packages only.