Sign in to follow this  
Mr Brownstone

McNally Has Had Enough.

Just Tweeted:

@davidmcnally62: Can we just get back to supporting our players please.All this negative untrue stuff from faceless keyboard warriors is unhelpful. Please RT

@davidmcnally62: The rumours circulating are unfounded and untrue, and yet they are very unhelpful. All NCFC deserve your support.

I saw that and replied - am pleased Mr McNally tweeted that. The empire has politely struck back...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Broadstairs, I don''t think it was directed purely at the Pinkun forums...[/quote]

I realise that but some of the crap on this Board is hardly helpful and probably also contributes to the herd mentality that the booers resort to.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Just Tweeted: @davidmcnally62: Can we just get back to supporting our players please.All this negative untrue stuff from faceless keyboard warriors is unhelpful. Please RT @davidmcnally62: The rumours circulating are unfounded and untrue, and yet they are very unhelpful. All NCFC deserve your support.[/quote]

Well said Mr McNally

I have to say there is an an absence of news in general coming out of Carrow Road, in fact at times it seems like there is a press embargo.

In the good old days there would at least be a local news reporter who would have the trust of the club and have official news given to him. Now I understand that it wouldn''t do us as a club any good to have everybody knowing our business, but I can''t but wonder if the lack of anybody scotching these "rumours" has in fact led to the perpetuation of these rumours.

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]I have to say there is an an absence of news in general coming out of Carrow Road, in fact at times it seems like there is a press embargo. In the good old days there would at least be a local news reporter who would have the trust of the club and have official news given to him. Now I understand that it wouldn''t do us as a club any good to have everybody knowing our business, but I can''t but wonder if the lack of anybody scotching these "rumours" has in fact led to the perpetuation of these rumours.[/quote]

There is no doubt the new regime is not very user-friendly as far as the press is concerned. But with the kind of rumour that is supposedly involved I think you are pretty much damned either way in this cyber age. Say nothing and cynical fans will wonder why there has been no denial. Equally the kind of vague denial issued by McNally doesn''t really convince anyone who doesn''t want to be convinced. And may even spread the rumours to people who hadn''t heard them. And a detailed explanation/denial is out of the question.

I don''t think it makes a lot of difference how strong the denial is. I remember when we had the Shackell & Ashton rumours the club was much more user friendly and Worthington spoke out in very strong terms but it made little difference.

But the thing is Alex, the sort of trivial comments, for example, regarding supporters reactions at home games goes on at all clubs message boards. It is not unique to NCFC.

We all know McNally is an intelligent and experienced executive and he would simply not concern himself with such subjects. Rightly he is not happy about rumours about certain players and that what he means about supporting the club!

"

I have to say there is an an absence of news in

general coming out of Carrow Road, in fact at times it seems like there

is a press embargo."Nonsenseit is simply in this age of endless drivel the terminally dim think it''s their right to be fed an endless diet of inconsequental shite simply because it is possible - and that is what consumes much of their waking hoursand like the medieval mind that couldn''t explain natural phenomena these halfwits will conjure up all manner of absurd explanation so satisfy their stupidity, irrespective of the consequencesand, as with medieval times, there are a far few people making themselves very wealthy exploiting and feeding this ignorance

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]But the thing is Alex, the sort of trivial comments, for example, regarding supporters reactions at home games goes on at all clubs message boards. It is not unique to NCFC.

We all know McNally is an intelligent and experienced executive and he would simply not concern himself with such subjects. Rightly he is not happy about rumours about certain players and that what he means about supporting the club![/quote]

Of course, Bury, and I can see what you''re saying mate. But we''ve seen some negativity recently that I would not consider trivial, I honestly cannot be alone in thinking that some of it crosses the line by some margin - you can only go by what you read, but really, some of it reads as pure hatred!. I don''t like that I''m afraid and am well aware that some of those ''haters'' can''t stand me because I give it the large back - but I''m fully aware that a huge percentage on here also take issue with the ''boo boys'' so I''m far from alone on this message board, that''s for sure. You suggest, or said, that Mr McNally finds posters such as myself (who give it some welly back to the boo boys) ''childish'' - did he actually tell you he thinks it''s childish that some of us like to stand up for our players? I must admit, I do find that surprising, Bury. I wonder what he thinks when Paul Lambert and Ian C do the same to the odd boo boy from by the dugout?

Bury - could not remember exactly what terminology you used but having read it back now i see you used the term ''infantile'' - my bad me old mucker. I''m sure he''s not interested in squabbles between some of us, of course not. I cannot honestly see him being particularly enamored with those that constantly bitch about our players/management though, who in fairness and most of us can appreciate, have excelled themselves this season (aswell as previous 2) - it seems the message he''s trying to convey is SUPPORT the players though thick and thin - disruptive talk is not helping push things forward... Just my interpretation.

I''m one of probably few fans who have no idea what the rumours are. All I hear is that there are rumours and people need to stop spreading them, but what are they?

I have no doubt they have absolutely no foundation. Fans who spread rumours are the fans who rarely go to games anyway, they are usually the ones who watch the games in pubs etc. The ones who support the team when they are doing well, but as soon as the team slips, they revert back to thinking the players are crap.

The sort of fans I wish football didn''t attract.

"I have no doubt they have absolutely no foundation."Agreed - and it must be incredibly frustrating, where the difference between putting your foot in for a tackle and letting a player slip past can be confidence, to have that possibly eroded by mindless chitter-chatter.  Arguably it comes with success, but it''s a pointless distraction and acheives and helps no-one."Fans who spread rumours are the fans who rarely go to games anyway, they

are usually the ones who watch the games in pubs etc. The ones who

support the team when they are doing well, but as soon as the team

slips, they revert back to thinking the players are crap."With respect though, this is utter tosh.  Some fans who are season ticket holders will also spread rumours - some who aren''t won''t.  Whether someone spreads a rumour is down to the personality of the individual, not down to how often they buy a ticket.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I don''t think it makes a lot of difference how strong the denial is. I remember when we had the Shackell & Ashton rumours the club was much more user friendly and Worthington spoke out in very strong terms but it made little difference.

[/quote]

Well said Nutty, I''d forgotten that nonsense..

I heard a Rumour at Fulham from a fan who heard a Rumour about a Rumour starting a few weeks ago about a Rumour involving 3 players, but this Rumour is un-true, so the Rumour goes on!!

the rumours clearly aren''t true.. the sad thing is this wont stop the people who made them up spinning them even more.what i find funy is that nothing bad happens at Colney in league 1 or the championship but as soon as we reach the premiership we are tol;d tales of debauchary, skullduggery and mischeif!its as if the premiership was the only league in the land....

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]we have heard rumours regarding Tierney and Morrison which have only been thought up beceause Tierney is injured and morrison is off form.

the rumours clearly aren''t true.. the sad thing is this wont stop the people who made them up spinning them even more.

what i find funy is that nothing bad happens at Colney in league 1 or the championship but as soon as we reach the premiership we are tol;d tales of debauchary, skullduggery and mischeif!

its as if the premiership was the only league in the land....
[/quote]

You are forgetting Matty "Underpants" Pattison...[;)]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]we have heard rumours regarding Tierney and Morrison which have only been thought up beceause Tierney is injured and morrison is off form.the rumours clearly aren''t true.. the sad thing is this wont stop the people who made them up spinning them even more.what i find funy is that nothing bad happens at Colney in league 1 or the championship but as soon as we reach the premiership we are tol;d tales of debauchary, skullduggery and mischeif!its as if the premiership was the only league in the land....[/quote]

You are forgetting Matty "Underpants" Pattison...[;)]

[/quote]on the subject of fatty Twattison, Cardiff blues Sacked Gavin Henson because of Drunken behaviour... Norwich City kept Pattison after he was stopped for drink driving and the fans gave him a heroes welcome at his next match...Sickening...I said at the time the club should have sacked him and got shouted down as various posters waffled "legal obligations".. "unfair dismissal" etc.... I wonder what these posters think of Hensongate?the club should have sacked Pattison at the time to make a statement to the fans, the football community and society that Drink driving has no place in the world and footballers are just as accountable as anyone else.As for Luis suarez dodging his p45.....

Can someone who has some real knowledge of these "rumours" explain what they are please!?

Some people are indicating it''s to do with booing at matches, yet DM clearly references keyboard warriors in his tweets...

I''ve had two posts deleted or edited out today simply for saying that the supposed rumours are, in my opinion, rubbish. The justification was that legally the pink''un moderators must delete all mention of the rumours (although apparently not in this thread, or when it''s the CEO of the club saying the exact same thing), so I doubt you''ll get an answer a1canary!

[quote user="Aggy"]I''ve had two posts deleted or edited out today simply for saying that the supposed rumours are, in my opinion, rubbish. The justification was that legally the pink''un moderators must delete all mention of the rumours (although apparently not in this thread, or when it''s the CEO of the club saying the exact same thing), so I doubt you''ll get an answer a1canary![/quote]

joseph  goebbals himself would be proud of the propoganda and censorship on here.. and i doubt this post will stay around long  either... i will wait for the men in black leather overcoats and trilbys to cart me off  treason [:D]

Same with me Aggy. I was simply pointing out that McNally was not referring to the stupid posts about the crowd critics but purely about the rumours. Bang! My post was deleted.