Sign in to follow this  
MadDan

Sir Alec Fergie gone

Just as Fergie was saved from the noose many years back by a win against Forest(!) today''s defeat may well see that noose put back on again. Often it''s one particular action or event that is enough to trigger the inevitable. He''s been on his way out for a while and if we are to ones to finally tip the balance then all the better.

We were quicker to the ball, hungrier for the ball and hungrier for the points. Ferguson made yet another tactical error when having been confonted by a team happy to play a more robust game he send his team out in the second half to do the same. Problem is for those not used to this type of game it simply becomes one of blantant fouling - one of which led to our first goal.

This was not a shock, nor the result of the season. We''ve been threatening to do this so many times it had to come. Against a team lacking the killer touch to win it was more than likely they would be the ones to be on the receiving end (that we had, for once, a referee that knew the difference between a strong attempt to win the ball and a deliberate follow through all the better gave us the chance).

I''ll be sat watching MOTD tonight and with the title race all but over and lacking any real interest we''ll undoubtedly be the highlight. Plucky little Norwich etc

Bollox ! It was never more than eleven men against eleven men, albeit those that wanted it and those who were more concerned with taking the diamond stud out of their ears.

They were barely allowed a decent shot. Huckerby tirelessly tracking back to rob Ronaldo, McKenzie stumbling through two bad tackles in front of the Barclay. Ashton, Safri, Shackle, Helveg and Mckenzie sticking their heads, feet and legs in where it was going to hurt. The lads fought and fought.Something Ferguson''s bunch of overpaid bunch whingers didn''t do.

this has come in what''s been a momentous week in many other areas away from football. So maybe, just maybe, aside from elections, royal weddings, dying popes and car industries, City fans will have something to remember the second week of April 2005 for - and I don''t just mean the beginning of the end for Ferguson.

What I think he will be castigated for is underestimating us and having players on the bench who he needed from the off. He should have remembered our second half at Old Trafford.

How much difference did those players make when they did get on the pitch ? It was when they were on that we scored both our goals.

For once we got in and stopped them playing.

For all the talk of being jaded and lack lustre Man Utd were not allowed to play. Nonsense about possession might appeal to idiots who salivate about such drivel as stats and assists but the point of the game is scoring more goals than your opponents not tip tapping the ball around the midfield. 

I have not seen,for a long while, a game where Green was so untroubled. One tip over late on from spud-u-like hardly amounts to much of a threat to do much about the above.

The afternoon was best summed up by Huckerby''s tracking back and robbing Ronaldo of the ball. Watching it on a re run of the game last night was sheer joy. The look of '' how dare he, doesn''t he know who I am " on Ronaldo''s face should feature in any video of season''s highlights.

Likewise Ferguson''s after match comments, only he wasn''t available.  Not being available might well be his status next season as well.

Oh dear