Sign in to follow this  
canarycat

Steve Morrison FACTS!!!!

Dont know if people have heard of the

"EA SPORTS PLAYER PERFORMANCE INDEX"

basically its a way of statistically judging who the best players are in the country. If u care too look i think you will all see that Steve Morrison is the 98th best player in the premier league.....

Not he doesnt look this or seems that or got in fight with him.. the facts say he is the 98th best player in supposedly the best league in the world and the 5th best in our entire squad. just have a look at the players below him!!.

Anyone got any facts to prove hes not good enough???????? or just hearsay??.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/players/ea-sports-player-performance-index.html

its ''grammar'' and I was correcting your spelling rather than your grammar, if I was going to correct your grammar I would''ve done this to your previous post:

Sorry, didn''t realise the ''Grammar Police'' were out tonight in force....

Notice the '' in didn''t and the '' '' instead of the " " :)

I personally don''t care how you spell or use grammar, I''m not brilliant myself to be honest but at least spell a player''s name right!

But those statistics are also based on the opening half of the season he had. I bet you most of the points he has gathered were during that period, in which he was outstanding. Contributed vital goals and led the line magnificently when we were playing a 4-2-3-1 system.

I am afraid at the moment the criticism of him is warranted. He seems to have lost that ability to chase lost causes and also to make the ball stick up front. Allowing us to play the game in the opposition half. I have said many times that I still believe Morison is a vital player for us and is the second best striker we have at the club behind Holt. But sadly at the moment he the player who least deserves to start out of any of the strikers.

i agree tha he is struggling at the moment but other players have had issues... at least he has proveroven he can score at this level Jackson hasnt yet but people arent on his back.... i dunno its difficult at times because ive heard norwich fans brand people as "Headless Chickens" because they run after lost causes so again as i said in my post earlier about mcnally some people are never happy.

also if u look at stats he runs alot further in miles than people give him credit for.. i watch some away games on those foreign sites they show miles ran and he is always the one whose ran the most.

if u dont care then just leave it.. i dont understand why you would waste your time saying something you dont care about?? what do you think of the actual post?? got an opinion??.

The only "fact" I know regarding Morison at the moment is, unless we play to his strengths with two out and wingers to provide crosses into him (not a back 5 with 2 full backs as wing backs ,and a narrow midfield), there is probably no point in him even being on the pitch................ That''s pretty much the black and the white of it.

you could say about every forward though... if we play Jackson upfront by himself and pump long balls in he would struggle....

but i do understand your point tho even if an obvious one.... dunno just think at times we should be a bit more liverpool like with blind support of our players instead of creating a scapegoat every season who really dosent deserve it.

He was playing exceptionally up to the end of January and actually got the highest praise from Lambert during the swansea game. Which was 2 months ago, since then we have jiggled the system etc.Those stats are right to count goals compared to running for ''lost causes''Find it hilarious of how many of us apparently are that bothered by lost causes, they are lost causes because either Fox has over hit another pass or we have not got the ball.Play to our strengths and get the ball into the box for Morison and Holt.Fact Morison will score more goals than Jackson in this league. I know who I would rather play upfront, but again it is my opinion.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

The only "fact" I know regarding Morison at the moment is, unless we play to his strengths with two out and wingers to provide crosses into him (not a back 5 with 2 full backs as wing backs ,and a narrow midfield), there is probably no point in him even being on the pitch................ That''s pretty much the black and the white of it.

[/quote] spot on. This is a fact as its proven in our results. Morison is not great with the ball at his feet, his first touch is dodgy and his shot with the ball on the deck is not clear. But what he is good at is headering. So play two wingers and get the ball into his head. What he has stopped doing though in any formation is putting lots of pressure on opposition defenders (cue goal v arsenal ) that was when moro was at his best. If we play Wes, howson, fox, surman ect in midfield then Holt and jacko are probably the best to go with. Great to have options though and different players that can play different formations

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]its ''grammar'' and I was correcting your spelling rather than your grammar, if I was going to correct your grammar I would''ve done this to your previous post:

Sorry, didn''t realise the ''Grammar Police'' were out tonight in force....

Notice the '' in didn''t and the '' '' instead of the " " :)

I personally don''t care how you spell or use grammar, I''m not brilliant myself to be honest but at least spell a player''s name right![/quote]

MMM!

(made my morning)

FACT!

H

[quote user="canarycat"]i agree tha he is struggling at the moment but other players have had issues... at least he has proveroven he can score at this level Jackson hasnt yet but people arent on his back.... i dunno its difficult at times because ive heard norwich fans brand people as "Headless Chickens" because they run after lost causes so again as i said in my post earlier about mcnally some people are never happy.

also if u look at stats he runs alot further in miles than people give him credit for.. i watch some away games on those foreign sites they show miles ran and he is always the one whose ran the most.[/quote]

I agree that Holt struggled for form in the early part of the season. However he went away, lost the required weight and has been pretty much indespensible since. Morison''s form is really concerning because it has been going on for a fairly sustained period of time. I think the only reason people are getting on his case are because in the early part of the season he showed just what a quality centre forward he can be. In terms of technical ability he certainly isn''t the greatest but all the physical attributes are there. He is mobile, pretty quick and strong. That means you can either play him alongside Holt, on his own or with a smaller striker. He is probably the only striker at the club who has the flexibility to do that. On that basis I think people are more than entitled to ask where the Morison from around December time has gone. Lets just hope it is down to this ankle injury.

Made my morning too, Peas!

Especially as that''s punctuation, not grammar. Now where''s that teacher who used to post on here... ;-p

If Morison is still rated 5th in our squad on play stats after this 2-month bad patch, doesn''t that seem even better? As limited as stats are.

Agree he needs support up front now, to set the confidence & goals rolling again. Looked forlorn first half on Sat... but yes, that was also down to our lack of service & penetration in midfield the way we/ Fulham were set up.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

Great point.

I''d like to see him up top on his own with Pilks and Bennet out wide. Next away day we should do this.

Holt and the Diamonds next game and then Morrison feat. the high flying wingers vs Tottenham. We''re at a stage where we can experiment a bit now.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

Great point.

I''d like to see him up top on his own with Pilks and Bennet out wide. Next away day we should do this.

Holt and the Diamonds next game and then Morrison feat. the high flying wingers vs Tottenham. We''re at a stage where we can experiment a bit now.

[/quote]

When you look at his past goals for Millwall, there are alot of through balls and solo type efforts from Morison, something he hasn''t been able to do so much this year with the stepping up a league and the increase in pace.    So he relies heavily on being  fed chances where he has time to strike/head the ball cleanly - which he can do well.       So in theory the wingers would help this.   But the same would be true with Holt or Wilbraham or Jackson come to that.   If you put two wingers on with a man in the middle capable of scoring I reckon that any of our strikers would do the job.    It must be difficult being a manager - when to stick with a player  - like Chelsea with Torres, or do you take them out of the firing line for a while and give others a chance. 

Jackson hasn''t scored much yet - although he has been a nuisance and looks up for it - he is capable of scoring - as is Wilbraham who whenever he comes on looks sharp too.    There is chance for all of them to shine between now and the end of the season, hope they all find some form and the net afew times. 

[quote user="canarycat"].... also if u look at stats he runs alot further in miles than people give him credit for.. i watch some away games on those foreign sites they show miles ran and he is always the one whose ran the most.[/quote]

That''s what you remember, perhaps that''s a little different from the facts? I am always surprised when they post those ''distance covered'' stats up and it''s invariably a midfielder who covers the most ground, and if he plays it''s usually Fox.

Interesting fact; Norwich were the first team to break the ''2,000 miles covered'' distance this season.

The most important fact is that Lambert selects him.

We should really ALL accept this fact until such time as he is not selected.

I trust Lamberts judgement and accept on the balance of probability he will continue to bring success to this club.

The problem with Morison is that one of the building blocks of Norwich''s revival has been the ability to close down and hary the opposition from the forwards to the defence.

This does not seem to be his strength and as such he stands out from his team mates and other players as they outperform him in this role.

Lambert will not carry anyone so we have to presume he accepts this shortfall as he brings other factors to the team shape/performance.

H

All of the Stevie M stuff is just crazy.

He will be here next season and for good reason. He got injured around Christmas and played on when perhaps he shouldn''t. And there lies our problem.

Had we had a fit Vaughan, or another striker that could have scored as many as Stevie M had then we would have been ok, injury anounced, time out and then a come back. Instead the injury hampered him, probably had an effect on his confidence as a result and then fans getting on his case has kept it down.

We know that he is good enough, you don''t score 9 goals in half a season at this level and not be able enough to compete at this level. Claiming that the finishes are instinctive rather than thought out actually is a sign of quality. How many great strikers are instinctive? You want a player to be instinctive inside the box, thinking too much takes time when sometimes its just a matter of hitting a shot quickly.

If we are going to have to overhaul our strikeforce then I would say Holt, Stevie M and Jackson are must keeps, if another target man can''t be identified then Wilbraham to be given another one year contract as well. I would love to see Vaughan come good but his injuries look like they could really hamper him, do you carry him for another year with the hope he can get over them.

Getting behind our players could be the difference between finishing bottom half and finishing top ten - and as Lambert says we need every player and every fan behind them.

I''m really sorry but this is the funniest post I''ve read all year.

Excellent use of the word ''proveroven''.

Unfortunately the trend for some NCFC supporters is to have a scapegoat, yes Morison has gone off the boil recently but Paul Lambert is sticking with him and if he is good enough for Paul Lambert, who knows much, much more about these things than the majority (if not all) of us that post on this message board, then he is good enough for me. Said it before and I say it again some so called fans need to have a long,hard look at themselves and be totally ashamed at the vitriolic abuse they have spouted, clearly the likes of Mcnally have had enough of it......

Scraping the bottom of the barrel, perhaps, but if Moro''s position is so on the rocks, we need Delia at the double.

They''d be no wining then.

Scotch them, she would. Really scotch them.

[quote user="canarycat"]Sorry didnt realise the "Grammer Police" were out tonight in force....[/quote]

Oh man, was this intentional? Funny joke...

These Morison threads make for unpleasant reading .  The jokes and humour are ok but every so often you get a complete idiot who spoils it with repeating the  malicious rumours as if to say "look at me - look what I can write - aren''t I clever".

Keep the humour, cut out the t*ssers.  

The irony of course being that by slating Morison the numbnuts are effectively slating Paul Lambert, who signed him and is sticking by him but as I said earlier he knows an awful lot more about football and about Steve Morison thany anybody that posts on this message board and who peddle their nastiness via other social media......