Sign in to follow this  
JF

Rhodes transfer link.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="paul moy"]Rhodes is a big risk but maybe worth a chance at no more than 3m. Personally I''d prefer Ched Evans or even Charlie Austin who have higher level experience.  [/quote]

Ched Evans hasnt even scored 20 goals since he left us 5 years ago.

Rhodes had that by Christmas.
[/quote]

Evans is on just under 1 goal a game.

Rhodes is just over 1 a game.

Both still young and on good form.Definitely worth looking at either one.Depending on cost.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="paul moy"]Rhodes is a big risk but maybe worth a chance at no more than 3m. Personally I''d prefer Ched Evans or even Charlie Austin who have higher level experience.  [/quote]

Ched Evans hasnt even scored 20 goals since he left us 5 years ago.

Rhodes had that by Christmas.
[/quote]

Evans though is in the Champs and spent almost a season injured. Even Jamie Cureton scored 51 in 111 appearances for Reading in League 1 according to Wiki, so we really need to keep Rhodes'' achievements in perspective.  

[/quote]

Oh the irony.

I can see us going to Hudds with a C.Martin plus £4m offer. Wuld be good for both clubs and players alike.

Good shout with Ronaldo. Shows what a unique achievement it is no matter what level you are playing at. Terry Bly? Not heard much about him. Some rubbish about Man Utd in 1959 and some old geezers occasionally walk around the pitch at half time? But otherwise the details are sketchy. The highlights of his lastest goal are up. The final goal in particular is just the finish of a man who believes he can do no wrong. Literally just passes it into the back of the net. At 6.2 he isn''t exactly "lightweight" either. If we saw both him and Snodgrass in a Norwich shirt next season it would literally be the best transfer window ever. But sadly both I think are out of reach.

Ched Evans was today announced as Player of the Month for League One. He has actually scored 31 goals this season.  

[quote user="paul moy"]Ched Evans was today announced as Player of the Month for League One. He has actually scored 31 goals this season.[/quote]But only 25 in the league, with 5 coming in the FA cup and 1 in the JPT.

I hadn''t realised that Chad Evans was out of contract in the summer. I would sign all three! Evans, Rodriguez, Rhodes, Holt, Vaughan, Jackson would be quite tasty! Goodbye Morison, Wilbraham & Martin

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="paul moy"]Ched Evans was today announced as Player of the Month for League One. He has actually scored 31 goals this season.[/quote]
But only 25 in the league, with 5 coming in the FA cup and 1 in the JPT.
[/quote]

Yes, but that is 25 in 27 appearances (6 as sub) compared to Grant Holt (24 in 39 appearances in League 1) and also out of contract in the summer so will be much cheaper than Rhodes, and of course scored goals for us in the Champs.

I don''t really see the benefit in getting rid of of Chris Martin and signing Evans?  We should get rid of Martin, but him and Evans are much of a muchness.

Gary Lineker scored a hatfull for Everton.

Kerry Dixon was very prolific at Chelsea for a few seasons, before his goalscoring nosedived and he became a 5h1t footballer[:^)]

The top scorer in 1976 was fairly handy!