Sign in to follow this  
peter2704

Call of Support!!!

I am a regular reader of this forum and have posted the occasional message / reply.

I''m calling on all fans to now get behind the players and make the rest of the season as enjoyable as the last 2 and a half years have been. I''m not saying you don''t have the right to moan and whinge, but what is there to moan about!? If you honestly think that we''d be top ten at the start of the season, then you''re a little disillusioned! The likes of your Stoke''s, Fulham''s, WBA''s etc have experienced premiership players and are 4 or 5 years ahead of where we are. Staying up is the name of this first season back in the prem, and staying up is probably what we have now secured, barring a miracle! So, let''s stop moaning and groaning. Let''s back the team, manager and board as we currently have arguably the best set-up we''ve had for a long long time! Cut the moaning and rumour mongering and let''s revel in our success!!!

OTBC!!

Well said. Also, everyone get your ticket to the Blackburn game in a couple of weeks time. 5,000 allocation, we have the whole stand, lets make it a real party atmosphere to remember and show our proper support like we have done at every other away ground this season!

Whilst I appreciate your post is well meant peter2704, you must remember that there are a few on this board who have illusions of grandeur. They have an agenda and misread situations deliberately or with ignorance.

This nonsense regarding Mr McNally''s tweet is an example. Our Chief Executive was aiming to stop the rumours within the club, it had absolutely nothing to do with moans about players performances on the pitch

Your appeal to get behind the team etc etc will make no difference because most of the home support in the 26,000 will do just that.

The massive majority of our supporters whether those that attend games or those who are unable to are 100% behind the club. When you think we have a fantastic Chairman, Chief Exec through to Manager coaches and players, why wouldn''t they be? Indeed this is the most professional set up for many years.

All clubs have the idiot minority and an awful lot contribute to this board and seem to ''get off'' on continually moaning about there fellow supporters. Such is life.

Or they take just part of someone''s post, rip into it with a sarcastic response and contribute little to the discussion.

[quote user="peter2704"]

I am a regular reader of this forum and have posted the occasional message / reply.

I''m calling on all fans to now get behind the players and make the rest of the season as enjoyable as the last 2 and a half years have been. I''m not saying you don''t have the right to moan and whinge, but what is there to moan about!? If you honestly think that we''d be top ten at the start of the season, then you''re a little disillusioned! The likes of your Stoke''s, Fulham''s, WBA''s etc have experienced premiership players and are 4 or 5 years ahead of where we are. Staying up is the name of this first season back in the prem, and staying up is probably what we have now secured, barring a miracle! So, let''s stop moaning and groaning. Let''s back the team, manager and board as we currently have arguably the best set-up we''ve had for a long long time! Cut the moaning and rumour mongering and let''s revel in our success!!!

OTBC!!

[/quote]I have money riding on this assumption thank-you!But I won''t moan and complain if we finish a little lower - just cry a little!

Illusions of grandeur, what are they.  Almost as bad as Paul Elliott "games are now coming thick and thin".

[quote user="pete"]Illusions of grandeur, what are they.  Almost as bad as Paul Elliott "games are now coming thick and thin".[/quote]

I thought they were coming hard and soft....

[quote user="Ruddygore"]Or they take just part of someone''s post, rip into it with a sarcastic response and contribute little to the discussion.[/quote]

Pfffft, yeah right.

Well said Peter!

We are up but safe now but even if we slip as low as 4th from bottom, that would of still been a great achievement although admittedly we''d have to quickly change things around in the summer!

All but safe is what I meant to say!

Fans have been getting concerned after we''ve suffered narrow one goal defeats against ManU, Newcastle, Stoke and Fulham all established Premiership teams and getting a draw against a resurgent Wigan team!

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Whilst I appreciate your post is well meant peter2704, you must remember that there are a few on this board who have illusions of grandeur. They have an agenda and misread situations deliberately or with ignorance.

This nonsense regarding Mr McNally''s tweet is an example. Our Chief Executive was aiming to stop the rumours within the club, it had absolutely nothing to do with moans about players performances on the pitch

Your appeal to get behind the team etc etc will make no difference because most of the home support in the 26,000 will do just that.

The massive majority of our supporters whether those that attend games or those who are unable to are 100% behind the club. When you think we have a fantastic Chairman, Chief Exec through to Manager coaches and players, why wouldn''t they be? Indeed this is the most professional set up for many years.

All clubs have the idiot minority and an awful lot contribute to this board and seem to ''get off'' on continually moaning about there fellow supporters. Such is life.[/quote]

Eh? Think you''re getting abit carried away, Bury - but you''re entitled to your opinion. There''s no weird ''getting off'', it really is as simple as that many of us are not impressed with fellow ''supporters'' who boo - especially in a season such as this. Paul Lambert and Ian Culverhouse clearly don''t like it either. I would guess we all find it detrimental to the club - nothing more, nothing less. OTBC