Sign in to follow this  
Young_Riles

What the Americans think....

I''m at the UEA, and theres a large amount of Americans there. ive often had a chat with them about our fair football club. i''m seeing an american girl, and her and friends make me laugh, because they always refer to City as the canaries, and giggle when they say it (i explained that its a nickname rather than the official name of the team...). i asked why it was funny, and they were saying that the name doesnt really sound intimidating. they mentioned the likes of the dallas cowboys, and the chicago bulls and stuff, and i guess they have a point. lol. my arguement is that it gets the oppositon complacent..... im not asking for a change though! dont want to offend everyone!
im well chuffed too, got a free ticket for saturday, and my little cousin will be playing for waveney at 6 a side before the game, come on my son! havent seen the guys since that judas kenton scored for reading....

am i the only 1 who cudn''t giv a flying monkeys wot the americans think?

after all least our proper name ''''norwich city'''' is sensible unliinke ''''dallas cowboys''''

wot happens if they dont play in the wild west?

Well I lived in the USA for a few years and to be honest their "soccer" knowledge is, to say the least, limited! We don''t need a "hard" sounding nickname since we have a perfectly good one that has the bonus of having some tradition linked with it too! from this point of view I would expect the Americans to find our nickname "charming", "quaint" or "neat"...!

Lets hope we win on Saturday 9-6 with a winning goal in the final quarter, following infinite time outs and player changes, from our star wingmeister after peirecing the opponents deeeeefence, etc, etc......!!!!!!!!

or win 1 nill after a mazzy run and shot from Hucks!

Actually i''m a big fan of the Florida Gators basketball team, i hate their footy mind. There is actually a team in the USA (baseball i think) which are nicknamed the Canaries too, tell that to your Yank mates.