Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

This season is NOT over by a long way....

I think they''re a good team and do play some attractive football. I wouldn''t say they were better than us as we appear to have a bit more fight and grit but would be great to finish above the two other promoted teams and defy the odds...

Agreed, this media love in ''Swansealona'' rubbish is really starting to annoy me.

Lambert proved they are a 1 trick pony and by the looks of it they''ve now been found out by the rest of the league. They are seriously lacking a Plan B, 70% pissesion and 0 goals against the Toon today and a 3rd consecutive defeat.

Really want to finish above them to shut up their smug fans.

This jealousy on this board is cringworthy. Swansea are a quality side and deserve there plaudits as do we.

Swansea are a good side and pass the ball well. Very few teams, even established prem teams, are happy to pass the way swansea do. They deserve their credit.

Completely agree with Nana and BW[:O] Fair play to Swansea,they do deserve their credit.

Would still like to finish above them though.

They are a good side and I am delighted that they are doing so well, particularly coming up and having the guts to play the style of football that they do, with the players they have. They deserve all the praise from the media that they get.They do however only play one way which is begining to become their downfall, better teams seem happy to let them keep the ball cos often they dont go anywhere with it, also their keeper who has had such a great season is begining to have a few off games.We are so lucky with Lambert, there are so many different formations we play, rotation of players, and even though it doesn`t always come off it keeps the opposition guessing and we will benefit from that next season, Swansea I fear will have a hard 12/13 season.  [8-|]

It''s not jealousy, why would I be jealous? We''re in the same number of points and we have a game in hand, after tomorrow hopefully we''ll be back in front of them, where we''ve spent the majority of the season, not to mention the 6 points we''ve taken off them.

Yes yes, it''s lovely to see the ball being passed across the back 4, into the midfield, back across the back 4, into the midfield, back across the back 4 blah, blah, blah. 70% possession doesn''t win you points does it.

They can only play one way, and once managers have figured out how to stop them they''ll struggle. The same cant be said for us, most of us have no idea what our starting 11 and formation will be from one week to the next, the same goes for opposition managers (unless our reserves give it away a few days before). We must be a nightmare to prepare for.

Mark my words, Swansea will struggle with ''Second Season Syndrome'' far more than we will.

No we were so good we beat a good team Brighton twice. give us credit.

Who cares? As long as we''re doing ok I''m not really bothered about anyone else....... apart from my ''second team'' Barrow that is........

I  agree Swansea are a good side who keep the ball well & I''m pleased they are doing better than money bags QPR!!  However, I am a bit fed up with media''s love affair with them.We have now shown the premier league teams how to beat them.  Brenden Rodgers was shown in the game at the liberty to not be as tractically astute as the media would have everyone believe Paul Lambert out did him on that day especially at the start of the 2nd half.OTBC

I find their football boring. They pass it round the back, then move on to the midfield and most of the time, get no further. I would rather watch them than Stoke, but I think they will really struggle next season, especially if they don''t keep Sigurdsson.

I really don''t get the Swansea hate that so many Norwich fans seem to have. They have achieved success in a very similar manner to us with the only real difference being the style of football they play. The media are giving them a lot more attention but the way in which they have succesfully approached their first season in the Premier League is pretty unique so this is to be expected. I''d love for them to continue to do well and for both teams to push on next season.

How are they boring? Stoke are boring. Aston Villa are even more boring. Swansea are positive and play progressive and attacking football. You can argue they are one dimensional if you like but they are not boring.

Do we not remember what happened after they beat us 3-0 at the Liberty last year? The players certainly do.

Coupled with their fans crying racism at Holty for a bit of banter, which incidentally they are STILL going on about, and their general smugness and belief that they are better than us, despite us being above them nearly all season and beating them twice, and you have a few reasons I dislike them.

Looking forward to taking 6 points off them again next year.

It''s the media coverage that has been ridiculous. This Barcelona comparison crap coupled with their midfielders having a better pass percentage than Xavi! That midfield plays a killer backwards10 yard pass like no other. Iv''e wanted them to avoid relegation this season and they look to have done,so good for them. But the over the top coverage for the team and Rodgers does my head in. I was cringing listening to the commentators in yesterdays game, Every game they talk the same shite "It''s the Barcelona way" No it''s not. Barcelona attack with purpose and pace, And are certainly not toothless upfront.

Media in ''Overplaying a bandwagon'' shocker. Nothing against Swansea or their fans at all, best of luck to them. They play good passing football, and it makes for an easy story for the media. Ive seen precious few articles that truly understand how we play, and thats because most of our own fans dont even understand the pros and cons of our approach (As shown by the many comments after the Fulham game that were

cursing our versatility and flexibility and were calling for consistency

and one way of playing!)At the end of the day Swansea are another ''unfashionable'' team isolated from the rest of the country, in many ways are similar to us. Im very happy that such a team is getting plaudits - The less I have to hear about the top 6, the seemingly endless Liverpool ''Crisis'', Ferguson/Mancini mindgames, and more whinging and moaning about referees the better.

"In my opinion, whoever finishes highest us of Swansea, the manager will get Manager of the Season.  "I would guess it is one from Ferguson, Pardew, Moyes, Lambert & Rodgers - Assuming all five clubs retain their positions.Unless Swansea or Norwich make it into the top ten, I would personally go with Pardew. Some of his buys this season have been right on the money. And all this despite losing their star striker, their two best midfielders, and one of their best defenders over the past 18 months.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Media in ''Overplaying a bandwagon'' shocker. Nothing against Swansea or their fans at all, best of luck to them. They play good passing football, and it makes for an easy story for the media. Ive seen precious few articles that truly understand how we play, and thats because most of our own fans dont even understand the pros and cons of our approach (As shown by the many comments after the Fulham game that were

cursing our versatility and flexibility and were calling for consistency

and one way of playing!)At the end of the day Swansea are another ''unfashionable'' team isolated from the rest of the country, in many ways are similar to us. Im very happy that such a team is getting plaudits - The less I have to hear about the top 6, the seemingly endless Liverpool ''Crisis'', Ferguson/Mancini mindgames, and more whinging and moaning about referees the better.

[/quote][:)]

Agree with you, it is amazing that so many posters on here are critical of our willingness to rotate and use different systems,  the cries for play our "best" team etc, the truth is that it is by being unpredictable, versitile and having a manager with the courage to experiment, he will maintain us as a premier league side. Lets just add in there an acceptance that it is inevitable that we will lose games at home, play badly sometimes, go on a bad run, players will lose form and get injured, etc etc BUT the overall strategy is right for us.  [:)]

Fair play to Swansea, they''ve had a good season. Yes, the media hype is tiresome and I don''t think Brendan Rogers is as tactically astute as Lambert, but they''ve done just as well as we have.

Given the pre-season hype - and the January hype for that matter - was all about how dangerous QPR were going to be with Keiron Dyer, SWP, Bobby Zamora and Cisse, etc, I''m just happy that both the other promoted sides are above them, while they flounder in the relegation zone.

I do, however, want to finish above Swansea to finish as the pride of the promoted three, but given that I''d simply have taken survival before the start of the season, this is perhaps a little greedy of me.

Normally, I''m very pleased when all 3 promoted clubs defy the odds and stay up (it doesn''t happen often!), but this year in the case of QPR, I''m pleased to make an exception. If they DO go down it''ll be one in the eye for those who like hype and overpaid prima donnas. But I hold no such antipathy to Swansea. Rodgers has done a sterling job there, and except when they play Norwich, I''m happy to see them win.

I love the way Swansea play - they demonstrate the immediate future of coaching in this country and they thoroughly deserve the attention they are getting.

There''s a real bonus to Norwich amongst all this too;  Swansea doing so well has enabled the media to focus on ex-Chelsea man Brendan Rodgers as their favourite up-and-coming new manager. That enables Paul Lambert and Norwich to fly nicely ''under the radar'' which I suspect suits Lambo just fine.

My only fear is that we are not making the most of it lately - mind you, 3 points today will place everything back on track before we hit the really tough games.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

There''s a real bonus to Norwich amongst all this too;  Swansea doing so well has enabled the media to focus on ex-Chelsea man Brendan Rodgers as their favourite up-and-coming new manager. That enables Paul Lambert and Norwich to fly nicely ''under the radar'' which I suspect suits Lambo just fine.

[/quote]Forgot to add this - Not only will Rodgers be the media favourite from the up-and-coming ranks, but it puts the likes of Sigurdsson, Sinclair, Dyer etc in the shop window. Leaving Norwich to go about their business.

I too find their play a little boring in that I like a team that can score from crosses with header''s, through the middle on the floor and every other way and watching them yesterday it seemed at times ''pass for the sake of passing'' ! I do also now think they are started to get ''worked out'' as Pardew was happy to let them have the ball in their own half cause not many teams score from their own half ! ''Swansalona'' quote did make me smile though.