Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Everton predictions

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]What a season that was - also on that youtube page Leeds 0 - City 4. Stunner from Gossy.[/quote]You''re right, what a goal and I was there to see it...to be truthful that was the last game I''ve seen at Elland Road...thank God :-D

Fox was on fire that season. The cross to Goss was just perfection.   Set up for Goss on a plate - but what a finish too.  

Grant has done that kind of pin point cross afew times since he''s been here - Aston Villa sticks in the mind.  The one against Swansea last season at CR down by the corner flag was one of the best crosses I''ve ever seen. 

Yes LDC, I also believe that as well as being the best finisher Holty is the best crosser of a football at the club. I love seeing him in tandem with Moro and I bet Moro does too!

That was a great link Purple. Here''s another, this time the unlikely Beckford Hat-trick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxsbSea_deA

Let''s hope we''re talking up a Holty or Moro hat-trick for tomorrow[Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Yes LDC, I also believe that as well as being the best finisher Holty is the best crosser of a football at the club. I love seeing him in tandem with Moro and I bet Moro does too!

That was a great link Purple. Here''s another, this time the unlikely Beckford Hat-trick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxsbSea_deA

Let''s hope we''re talking up a Holty or Moro hat-trick for tomorrow[Y]

[/quote]

I was at that Beckford game, but also at the game when Pat van den Hauwe scored the only goal (very early on, from a corner, I think) that gave Everton the title in 1986-87. Totalling those scores up gets a draw tomorrow, which seems not unlikely. But who knows what madcap formation Lambert will unveil? If we are talking about unlikely hat-tricks I expect to see Ruddy moved to centre-forward...

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]I await the flack but who was in goal for us? Did you notice the crowd? 11,900.[/quote]

Mark Walton.

This is a game that I can understand people being nervous about. We aren''t in great form at the moment, Lambert is trying out different systems with different players, because although he won''t admit it to the media he clearly understands that we are pretty much safe and is basically preparing for next season. At least thats how I see it.

But I reckon we might go on a decent run to end the season, I think this, Liverpool, Blackburn and Villa are all winnable games, with a potential point or three coming from Man.C, Spurs or Arsenal.

I reckon we''ll get a good result today and will go for 3-0.

Holt x2 and Hoolahan to score.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]This is a game that I can understand people being nervous about. We aren''t in great form at the moment, Lambert is trying out different systems with different players, because although he won''t admit it to the media he clearly understands that we are pretty much safe and is basically preparing for next season. At least thats how I see it.

But I reckon we might go on a decent run to end the season, I think this, Liverpool, Blackburn and Villa are all winnable games, with a potential point or three coming from Man.C, Spurs or Arsenal.

I reckon we''ll get a good result today and will go for 3-0.

Holt x2 and Hoolahan to score.[/quote]How you doing GP? Sorry just want pick up on a point u made here and its one i have seen a fair bit the last couple of weeksI don''t think Lambert has it in his mind that we are safe so it''s ok to try out new systems. He has been trying out new systems all season and i am sure the 3 5 2 is something which has been worked on in training all year. Didn''t we see it a couple of times earlier on in the season, an FA cup game perhaps? Lambert is not naive, he knows that football is a funny game and he will not be trying anything new on the basis for preparing for next season; he selects a formation which he thinks is going to win the game and i think that is all he thinks about, this whole ''we''re safe so lets prepare for next season is absolute nonsense imho.Anyway to today''s game, 2 1 city, Holt and Howson. I don''t think Everton are the greatest attacking threat, they don''t have that much pace and they don''t exploit the wings too much, so i think their style suits our style, Jelavic is a worry and it seems Drenthe isn''t playing, which is a bonus.I would love to see the 4 4 2 with two wingers, but for one of the few times this season i wouldn''t mind seeing the diamond either

[quote user="ricardo"]This one has a draw written all over it.1-1[/quote]Nuff said

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="ricardo"]This one has a draw written all over it.

1-1

[/quote]

Nuff said
[/quote]

Yep, you were wrong.  Julius Sieze-Her got it pretty much spot on and Ben named both our scorers and was so close to getting the score right re Everton''s second.

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]I await the flack but who was in goal for us?

Did you notice the crowd? 11,900.[/quote]i remember the days of those crowds... makes you wonder where the band wagon jumpers have suddenly come from?even though the attendences were less back then the ground always seemed so full, and always had a smell to it... was the smell of "the match" nothing disgusting just the way i saw it back then as a nipper.