Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

Everton predictions

I have a niggling feeling that Moro is going to score against Everton.[Y]  I would love to see a similar line up and formation as our game at home to Newcastle.

Score - Norwich 3 - 1 Everton

I''d like to see the diamond with the following players:

Ruddy

Naughton

R.Bennett

Whitbread

Drury

Fox

Howson

Surman

Hollahan

Holt

Wilbraham

I think the score will be 1-1, Howson notching for us.

[quote user="Yella Foreva"]

I''d like to see the diamond with the following players:

Ruddy

Naughton

R.Bennett

Whitbread

Drury

Fox

Howson

Surman

Hollahan

Holt

Wilbraham

I think the score will be 1-1, Howson notching for us.

[/quote]

Sticking my neck on the line here, I think Everton will not be bothered about this one, they know they are as safe as can be and we only need 1 point for sure safety, Everton have to play Liverpool the week after Cup semi, They will want this one more than us so probably rest some key players, Think we could get a result with this one     

Given our error-prone defence, the question is how many will Everton score, and can we score as many?

I hope that the defence doesn''t concede early goals, and that for once we may score first. I''ll go for 1-1- or 2-2, but I fear that unless someone finds his shooting boots it couldbe 0-1. It would be fantastic if we could snatch a win, but I think that Everton have too much class and too much savvy.

[quote user="ricardo"]This one has a draw written all over it.1-1[/quote]If my memory serves me correctly Ricardo, that would be a repeat of our first ever First Division game (also at Carrow Rd).

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="ricardo"]This one has a draw written all over it.

1-1[/quote]

If my memory serves me correctly Ricardo, that would be a repeat of our first ever First Division game (also at Carrow Rd).
[/quote]

Correct Lapp and our goal was scored by Jimmy Bone.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="ricardo"]This one has a draw written all over it.

1-1[/quote]

If my memory serves me correctly Ricardo, that would be a repeat of our first ever First Division game (also at Carrow Rd).
[/quote]

[/quote]

Nice to see some of you getting into practice for the second coming of the "Canaries Charity Quiz Night". The date has been set for Friday 11th May.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="ricardo"]This one has a draw written all over it.1-1[/quote]If my memory serves me correctly Ricardo, that would be a repeat of our first ever First Division game (also at Carrow Rd).[/quote]

[/quote]I stood behind the Barclay goal for that one. Both goals were scored that end, Jimmy Bone for us and I think Joe Royle for Everton.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

1-1[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I stood behind the Barclay goal for that one. Both goals were scored that end, Jimmy Bone for us and I think Joe Royle for Everton.
[/quote]

It was Royle, Ricardo, who broke our young hearts. A dim memory is that it was a header from a right-wing cross.

Now then you old codgers[sn] I think I''m right in saying that was the first ever league game between the clubs if not the first ever full meeting. But since then three of our players have scored hat-tricks against them. Remember who?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Nice to see some of you getting into practice for the second coming of the "Canaries Charity Quiz Night". The date has been set for Friday 11th May.

[/quote]

How many in a little gang Nutty or will you still call them teams ?[;)]

Will you have a joker round whereby if you play your joker you get double points ? If so certain posters will want a round entitled the Robert Chase years and the rest of us will stand no chance.[:P]

Now then you old codgers[sn] I think I''m right in saying that was the first ever league game between the clubs if not the first ever full meeting. But since then three of our players have scored hat-tricks against them. Remember who?

[/quote]

Ekoku is one and - amazingly - Darren Beckford is another. As to the third, McDougall?

Everton are ahead of Liverpool in the league and will want to keep it that way, FA Cup or no FA Cup!

So although it pains me to say this, it really does, I have to agree with the post above and go 1-3 to Everton

I remember Ekoku''s hat trick well - his pace destroyed them that day. Everton have greatly improved, but as it pains me to predict a winner for the opposition, I''m going for a 1-0 win to us - Bennett to get us his first goal

(Elliot Bennett that is! - though I can see the new boy getting a few winners for us from set pieces in the future, looks a bit tasty in the air from the little I''ve seen of him)

[quote user="Alex "]I remember Ekoku''s hat trick well - his pace destroyed them that day. Everton have greatly improved, but as it pains me to predict a winner for the opposition, I''m going for a 1-0 win to us - Bennett to get us his first goal[/quote]

Thinking about it Ekoku actually scored 4 didn''t he?

[quote user="Alex "][quote user="Alex "]I remember Ekoku''s hat trick well - his pace destroyed them that day. Everton have greatly improved, but as it pains me to predict a winner for the opposition, I''m going for a 1-0 win to us - Bennett to get us his first goal[/quote] Thinking about it Ekoku actually scored 4 didn''t he?[/quote]

Yes he did Alex. He scored our first four that day in less than half an hour of play. All that after we went 1-0 down. Do you remember who scored the 5th?

[quote user="Alex "][quote user="Alex "]I remember Ekoku''s hat trick well - his pace destroyed them that day. Everton have greatly improved, but as it pains me to predict a winner for the opposition, I''m going for a 1-0 win to us - Bennett to get us his first goal[/quote] Thinking about it Ekoku actually scored 4 didn''t he?[/quote]

Yes he did Alex. He scored our first four that day in less than half an hour of play. All that after we went 1-0 down. Do you remember who scored the 5th?

[/quote]

Christopher

Good to see there are plenty on here feeling optimistic[:^)]

I personally believe we can and will win.  I think the deciding factor will possibly be Everton''s FA Cup Semi.  Yes they will want to beat us, but the  players won''t want to get an injury, or get sent off for example and as the game goes on, they will be more mindfull of this.  I just think that especially as the game goes on and with 50 50''s you won''t see their players going in full pelt.  I think this will possibly be the difference and is why we will win.

Efan was the first Premier League player to score 4 goals in a game I believe.

They were nearly all breakaway goals on the counter attack-we had a bit of pace then & in that game we just soaked up their pressure and hit them on the break everytime.

He was a good player for us-if we''d have had him plus Sutton and Robins at the beginning of 92/93 we might even have done better than 3rd.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

Efan was the first Premier League player to score 4 goals in a game I believe.

They were nearly all breakaway goals on the counter attack-we had a bit of pace then & in that game we just soaked up their pressure and hit them on the break everytime.

He was a good player for us-if we''d have had him plus Sutton and Robins at the beginning of 92/93 we might even have done better than 3rd.

[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmcvIUr0gVQ