Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

who would you get rid of?

In the current squad regardless of whether they are out of contract or not who would people get rid of if they were Mr Lambert? No doubt there will be a few for Morison to go but I think he should stay, anyway the ones I would get rid of are as follows:Ward, Barnett, Wilbraham, Chris Martin, Crofts

[quote user="baldyboy"]In the current squad regardless of whether they are out of contract or not who would people get rid of if they were Mr Lambert? No doubt there will be a few for Morison to go but I think he should stay, anyway the ones I would get rid of are as follows:Ward, Barnett, Wilbraham, Chris Martin, Crofts[/quote]by the looks of it you''d get rid of Lambert!

out - drury, lappin, chris martin, jackson, vaughan , wilbrahimovic, adeyami, crofts, and one out of ward/ayala,

two new full backs in (one ideally naughton) dont know about the other, whats danny fox up to these days?, gunter from forest, matty phillips and then also another goalscorer (someone with real quality - im not talking ronaldo/messi level but we really need a proper star/threat to crack on up the table next season , we have a solid squad just need someone with some class that holt/morison can play with, wont be cheap either but if we have no ambition we might as well go back to mid table championship obscurity and watch lambert leave for a bigger club)also worth keeping an eye on who goes down. might be one or two worth cherry picking. hopefully not defenders lol

where do I say that? Is it because I dare to have an opinion that you dont agree with? I pay my money so i am entitled to an opinion, just because I criticise Lamberts selections I want him sacked? you are an idiot if you think that!! so in your perfect opinion you must say he gets it right every week then?

Out - Lappin, Chris Martin, Wilbraham, Ward, Crofts and possibly Drury too.In - Naughton, Moses, Matty Phillips, a left back and an enforcer midfeld player.

Its a squad game and we dont yet have 25 names.

Drury - keep - he has shown he can do us a job - if he wants to stay why keep him?

C Martin - agree - time for him to move on

Vaughan - really? Dont know what he can do and like whitbread can yet play his part - no point tearing up his contract yet

lappin? fringe player - keep if he wants to stay - at his age

Crofts - would let him go if he wants to.

Wheelie bin - if vaughan fit and we keep holt/moro and add another striker then I would lose him over jackson despite his goal today - jackson is no better but has pace so offers something different

Youth - francomb, adeyemi shold prob go.

Key signing is a new right back, prob left back, and a pacy striker.

I think Drury & wilbraham wont have there contracts renewed,Lappin,c.martin,adeyemi,korey smith will probably go but cant see lambert not given ward/whitbread/fox & contract. Whoever put ayala is in dream world, he''ll be a main stay next season in the 1st team IMO.

[quote user="technika"]out - drury, lappin, chris martin, jackson, vaughan , wilbrahimovic, adeyami, crofts, and one out of ward/ayala,

two new full backs in (one ideally naughton) dont know about the other, whats danny fox up to these days?, gunter from forest, matty phillips and then also another goalscorer (someone with real quality - im not talking ronaldo/messi level but we really need a proper star/threat to crack on up the table next season , we have a solid squad just need someone with some class that holt/morison can play with, wont be cheap either but if we have no ambition we might as well go back to mid table championship obscurity and watch lambert leave for a bigger club)also worth keeping an eye on who goes down. might be one or two worth cherry picking. hopefully not defenders lol[/quote]Ayala? Surely a typo?

nah i dont rate him (or ward). i think with whitbread (good/brave but a little retarded when it comes to distribution - but lets face it theres ways around that), bennett (huge huge potential, reckon he might go to a massive club for a lot of money one day if he reaches it), cafu (obviously not a CB but he looked as good as any of the others that have played there this season  so good as cover) and then hopefully if gunter is signed then we would have enough at the back (inc the one thats left from ward/ayala). Along with (potentially) naughton and someone to cover/compete with tierney at left back the defense wopuld be solid enough to cope with mostAyala has done ok but like whitbread i think he looks a bit clumsy and the decision making is a bit poor. Also if he wasnt good enough for the scousers he prob shouldnt be here either. squad player not starting 11 for me

we have a strong basis for a top 10 squad for quite a few years with a few new additions. but we need a little extra in terms of quality to progress. I dont want to be here next year moaning that we havnt evolved. if it goes stale lambert will be gone, these things tend to have a shelf life

[quote user="technika"]out - drury, lappin, chris martin, jackson, vaughan , wilbrahimovic, adeyami, crofts, and one out of ward/ayala,

two new full backs in (one ideally naughton) dont know about the other, whats danny fox up to these days?, gunter from forest, matty phillips and then also another goalscorer (someone with real quality - im not talking ronaldo/messi level but we really need a proper star/threat to crack on up the table next season , we have a solid squad just need someone with some class that holt/morison can play with, wont be cheap either but if we have no ambition we might as well go back to mid table championship obscurity and watch lambert leave for a bigger club)

also worth keeping an eye on who goes down. might be one or two worth cherry picking. hopefully not defenders lol
[/quote]..........keep barnett but get rid of ayala? yeah, of course that''s going to happen. holt and howson are for the chop also.[:#]

Ward, Barnett - Certain.

Tierney - if the rumors are true

Crofts, Wilby, Surman - Only if replacements can be found.

Jonhson - Started the season well, rumored he may get an england call up and BOOM. Done nothing since.

There are the 6 players going out. Now for the 6 players to come in?

Gunter (Barnett), White (Tierney), Rodriguez (Wilby), Snodgrass (Surman), Buckley (Crofts), Dunk (Ward), Matt Phillips, Lambert was manager at Wycombe from 2006-2008. Phillips was given his debut by Lambert! (Johnson)

Well really anyone who doesn''t regularly feature in the first team or even on the bench when fit must be in danger and those out on loan too.

You have to wonder if Andrew Crofts brings enough to the party at Premier League level but it is a squad game and he''s a decent player to have in your squad.

Leon Barnett is a bit of an interesting one. You could probably argue that he''s a bit unlucky to have been dumped out how he has been. It''s not like we''ve suddenly improved masses or started picking up loads more points without him. We still let in goals (soft goals at that). Based on what I''ve seen this season I think Ayala is better on the ball but I''d rather have Barnett doing the actual defending.

Could be the end of the road for Adam Drury at Norwich City. That time has to come at some point and I''d rather it was before Drury became a liability.

Steve Morison? Maybe? Doesn''t really have the crowd on his side. Hasn''t had a lot of game time lately and the goals have dried up. I don''t expect him to leave but I wouldn''t be totally surprised if he does.

Threads like this bring out the worst in our fans.  Ignorant comments about how rubbish some of our players are.  It doesn''t make any sense as its just another way of being able to slag off our players.   

About the point about not having 25 ''name'' players yet - I''m sorry, but you can''t possibly have 25 ''name'' players in the squad (whatever ''name'' means).    You need a strong core of players and some support players who can come in and do a job.    25 name players implies that your wage bill is going to be too high and also that it is going to be hard to keep all of them happy.  

I''m more than happy with alot of the players mentioned in this thread.  Some may want to leave to get regular first team football.  Some of the top players may even want to move on - who would blame Morison for wanting to try his luck somewhere else after the barracking he now gets.

Keep the bulk of the squad together - the squad is a good squad for a reason - mainly because of the overall balance in it.  We''ve already got Howson and R Bennet to look forward to.   Shaping up nicely for next season without - no need tov try anddemean any of the subsidiary players - they''re all part of the bigger picture.

Barnett, Chris Martin spring to mind. But I think PL will be cautious and won''t take too radical actions, before he''s assured some signings. Players like Moses, Jarvis, etc. Will cost an arm and a leg. Some people on this forum seem to think we''ll get them in just like that. First of all I hope we can get naughton in permanently

Thanks to some excellent recruitment over the past 3 or 3 years (in the main – Vaughan with his injury problems was always going to be a massive punt) we don’t have a bucketful of poor players to get rid of! I don’t see an end-of-season fire sale being essential; more of a gentle refinement task than anything else…

[quote user="First Wizard"]Morison, Morison and Morison![/quote]

Hey 1st Wizard

You cannot say get rid of Morison, Morison, Morison - And sign yourself "In Lambert I trust"

You obviously dont trust him as he chooses to play Morison and you would throw him out.

You have to change your signature if you are gonna criticise his decisions!

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Barnett, Chris Martin spring to mind. But I think PL will be cautious and won''t take too radical actions, before he''s assured some signings. Players like Moses, Jarvis, etc. Will cost an arm and a leg. Some people on this forum seem to think we''ll get them in just like that. First of all I hope we can get naughton in permanently[/quote]

Agreed. But I don''t think fans should underestimate Lambert''s ruthlessness in trying to take the squad to the next level. If the money is available and he can get his targets then there will have to be a cull of fringe players to make room. It is a fair assumption that Lambert is dubious about the half dozen or so players who are either on loan or have barely featured in the second half of the season being good enough at our current lower-mid-table level, let alone the upper-mid-table level he must at least be aiming for.

[quote user="spencer 1970"]I think we need to freshen things up so... Replace Lambert with Warnock, Ruddy with Andy Marshall, Holt with Tevez, Hoolahan with Messi, Pilks with Ken Livingston. bellends, the lot of you.[/quote]

[:|]

One unknown is how many players we can afford to buy. What would be the point of dispensing with five and signing only two? Are there one or two researves/academy players who could be promoted?

PL was quoted as saying that there will be little money in the summer, certainly not enough to buy a"big name" or two. Was he bluffing for some reason, or is it the case that we shall spend perhaps £4m on two very promising youngsters?

Of the list you offer I would agree with all, although he may well keep Wilbraham if Vaughan doesn''t make it. Has Crofts been worse than Johnson of late?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]Barnett, Chris Martin spring to mind. But I think PL will be cautious and won''t take too radical actions, before he''s assured some signings. Players like Moses, Jarvis, etc. Will cost an arm and a leg. Some people on this forum seem to think we''ll get them in just like that. First of all I hope we can get naughton in permanently[/quote]

Agreed. But I don''t think fans should underestimate Lambert''s ruthlessness in trying to take the squad to the next level. If the money is available and he can get his targets then there will have to be a cull of fringe players to make room. It is a fair assumption that Lambert is dubious about the half dozen or so players who are either on loan or have barely featured in the second half of the season being good enough at our current lower-mid-table level, let alone the upper-mid-table level he must at least be aiming for.

[/quote].......true, he will be looking to bring in players to replace those bench warmers and reserves so that the likes of johnson, fox, wes , morro and others are no longer first choice. improvement in player quality and ability is needed to move to the next level. go with the same players next season could almost certainly see us struggle, year on year improvement is required and with pl at the helm i am sure that this is what we will see.[*]