Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Manchester Ship Canal

Manchester Ship Canal, Coronation Street, Sir Bobby Charlton, Old Trafford, Sir Matt Busby (deceased) Sir Alex Ferguson, Rain, Norfolk Reds, Zoe Ball, George Best, Balm Cakes, MUTV.

Your boys took a helleva beating tonight!.  

and could I thank all those "fans" who have bought Norwich season tickets this year who said that the price would be worth it to watch "their team" score a hatfull.

Thank''s for your money, now don''t renew and let true fans have them.

Is it true the new corner infill is in fact the new away end.

[quote]Manchester Ship Canal, Coronation Street, Sir Bobby Charlton, Old Trafford, Sir Matt Busby (deceased) Sir Alex Ferguson, Rain, Norfolk Reds, Zoe Ball, George Best, Balm Cakes, MUTV. Your boys took a ...[/quote]

Nice one Wiz, I am supping a beer to  toast your clever post, oops, crikey it''s Boddingtons     

[quote]Manchester Ship Canal, Coronation Street, Sir Bobby Charlton, Old Trafford, Sir Matt Busby (deceased) Sir Alex Ferguson, Rain, Norfolk Reds, Zoe Ball, George Best, Balm Cakes, MUTV. Your boys took a ...[/quote]

The original version of this rant, by that excitable Norwegian commentator, I always took as a back-handed compliment. Off the top of his head he could list all those great British figures, although - rather quaintly - he felt that winning that football match had avenged some ancient wrong. What we ever did to upset the Norwegians I still can''t imagine, but the resentment in that guy''s voice was tangible as he spat out the words "heluva beating".

The bottom line was that I felt being so ungracious in victory diminished that commentator and his country. By the same token I feel that copying it in the context of yesterday''s victory diminishes Norwich City. Beating Utd really isn''t such a big deal. We''ve all seen it happen many times before, and I (for one) was much more excited when we beat West Brom recently.

As Winston Churchill once said - In victory, magnanimity. In defeat, defiance.

nice post wiz!!!!

and top top it, palace lose 4-0.......