I''ll get in there first, Morro wouldn''t have worked so hard for the 2nd!!! In all seriousness though, think Wilbers may have laid his claim for the 2nd striker role for the rest of the season.

Brought wth him a massive spark when he came on, yet again. And yes, his hustle for the 2nd goal and pass to Holt was superb!! Got to give him a run...

Give the guy a new deal! He''s a perfect Lambert-type player. Would be nice to see him get a start or two before the season is out.

he deserves a start at the least... Tottenham wont like us playing with 2 big centre forwards on monday.... we might be able to "Bully" our way to a point

Another tribute to Lambert and the coaching staff who have worked with him when it looked as if he been unfortunately left over from last season and nobody had bothered to ship him out.Which suggests he will be with us next season - and rightly so.

Not only has he given us a spark when coming onto the pitch, I also get the impression he is a great lad to have at the club and gets on with the other players really well. This type of thing is often overlooked by fans.

I''ve always been a big fan of the guy.  Gives his all and is always a handful.  Has genuinely improved since he joined the club too.  Glad he''s now getting the respect he deserves.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]I''ve always been a big fan of the guy.  Gives his all and is always a handful.  Has genuinely improved since he joined the club too.  Glad he''s now getting the respect he deserves.[/quote]Totally agree Graham. Now, let''s hope that snowy bites Ricardo''s big toe. [;)]

["i''m spartacus"]he should get another years deal.... a player who can make a difference and happy to be part of things and bide his time OTBC

Agree!

We had much more of a presense upfront when Wilbraham(ovic) came on today and he is far from being a joke!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]I''ve always been a big fan of the guy.  Gives his all and is always a handful.  Has genuinely improved since he joined the club too.  Glad he''s now getting the respect he deserves.[/quote]Totally agree Graham. Now, let''s hope that snowy bites Ricardo''s big toe. [;)][/quote]Most unkind, Lapp.The little guy was so upset with that suggestion he posted this back before I could stop him.[IMG]http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i357/ricardo204/P1010104.jpg[/IMG]

32 years old and just beginning to be recognised as a EPL player, says wonders about him and particularly the coaching team and Lambert.[:S]

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]We''ll never know, but surely this is the role Iwan should have been allowed to play back in the day.[/quote]

Not at 35 - Iwan was over the hill at that point, having only played a bit-part role in the title winning team itself.

Theres no doubt whatsoever in mind that Iwan Roberts should have been given a one year deal in the 2004-05 season for two reasons - 1, He earned that for all the good work he''d done before that and 2, He was still good enough to do a squad players job in the same way that Wilbraham is doing now!

Worthy was not allowed to sign Steve Howard cause the board didn''t think it was a good investment, well Howards still going now!

Wilbraham is a much better payer than was when we signed him!

Would it be too much to ask if Morison could learn a little from the desire of lads like Aaron Wilbraham?  Such an opportunity for a young lad to see and grow into a class player.  Would love to see Wilbraham in the starting XI now and hoping for a new contact in the summer.  Very impressed with big man.

Glad to see I am not the only person who noticed the reaction of his team mates to the goal. He did brilliantly. He missed the initial effort that can happen. But he didn''t give up which would be the easy thing to do. He won the ball back, protected it superbly and was calm enough to pick Holt out. Certainly worth another contract on this showing. Keep it up big man, I am eating my words.

Same impact he was making last season, he hustles defenders but has enough about him & the awareness to bring others into play.

Seems a few of the ignorant fans who didn''t appreciate what he brought to the team, have woken up to it.

He''s a real team player.

I''ve always liked him. He never deserved the contemptuous comments that he got on here form the likes of Smudger and has always given his all. Not a natural goalscorer but a very clever target man with great awareness as he showed yesterday.

While the romantic view would be to give him another contract I don''t really see it happening, particularly with Holt hitting 32 during next season. However, let''s enjoy him while we can!

I can''t describe in words how happy I am Wilbraham is playing well. Every minute he has been on the pitch this season, he has given his all and actually played some good football.

This whole ''not his level'' business (and that goes for every other player people have said aren''t ''premiership level'' despite the fact none of our players are premiership level before this season) is a load of rubbish really, if Wilbraham is league one level, how come he''s scored and now set up a goal? He hasn''t even started a game (Bar the MK Dons disaster), he gets 25 or less mins on the pitch and has still had a great impact.

You cant put a value on hard-work and determination. It was brilliant to see the how happy the players were for him yesterday. The other one was Howson, who put in a fantastic shift and when he scored you could see how ecstatic his team-mates were for him. It is brilliant to see these players getting their rewards!

You know what you''ll get with him, and it''s something that Lambert seems to build most of the squad around - hard work and 100% honesty and determination for the side.

I think the one aspect of his game that he lacks is finishing - he scored a decent goal the other week, so hopefully he can prove me wrong more when he gets a few more games, and maybe gets his confidence up a bit. But, if we''re being super harsh, he should maybe have done better with his initial shot before he set Holt up.

But I wouldn''t mind him getting an extended run in the team now - let''s see what he can do over a longer spell, and see if he can show us his scoring boots as well as the hard work he puts in elsewhere. Another goal or two between now and the end of the season, and I''d be very surprised if he doesn''t get a new contract - everything else seems to tick Lambert''s boxes.