Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

If Holty gets 18+ goals in the league this year..

Agree and even though everyone thinks there is no chance because the media are not supporting it i actually think he will make the plane.

You know he''d play with his heart on his sleeve. That''s more than you can say for half the prats who play every game without change..

Today MOTD just showed how badly the dice are loaded against him for a call up. He has 6 games left. To even have a prayer of making the plane he needs at the very least probably 3 goals. When you consider that were playing Man City, Arsenal, Spurs in those games its a pretty tall order. But this guy aint an ordinary player. So bring it on.

Five strikers going to Euro 2012?

Regardless of the perceived "need" to take Rooney despite his ban, I wouldn''t. If his replacements perform and score goals in the first two matches then why should they be replaced to make way for him in the third?

And if they don''t, well we''ll likely be out anyway, so he''d come in for the last game which might then be meaningless anyway.

I''d take Defoe, Bent, Sturridge, Crouch and Holt.

Which means that five selected will probably be Sturridge, Campbell, Welbeck, Agbonlahor and Walcott.

It''s got to be out of Rooney, Holt, Welbeck, Sturridge, Crouch, Walcott and Graham. Bent is injured, Agbonlahor has been outmformthe majority of the season, Carroll is misfiring and Defoe doesn''t play.

Out of those lot, I''d class Walcott as a midfielder and take him on that basis, and then it''s a fight between Holt and Crouch for the 4th seat!

[quote user="AJ"]You know he''d play with his heart on his sleeve. That''s more than you can say for half the prats who play every game without change..[/quote]

Excellent point. With Parker and Holt in the team busting a gut for 90 mins and truly giving it their all wouldnt it be a refreshing change from the lacklustre ''clubs more important than country'' shower we had at the last tournament?

If there was one thing the England team lacked at the World Cup it was players playing with a lack of passion or desire.

Most of them looked like they wished they were playing for their clubs.

I wanna see players who are proud to wear the shirt and show hunger, passion and desire for the 90 mins there wearing it.

Holty would do this no doubt, if ever there was player proud to play for England it would be Grant, after his journey. The exact same reason why Lambert put his faith in him and made him City captain and trusted him in the Prem.

He should be if he doesn''t score another goal.

He is currently the second highest England GK (also currently the highest goal scorer available for the first two games), he has something only one other English striker can offer (Kevin Davis, has a pretty similar game but he''s gone down hill recently, doesn''t even start for Bolton any more does he). He has the ability to score goals, at any level. He creates chances, he gets in the space to get great opportunities (see yesterday''s goal). Will always give 100% effort. I would rather see Holt hustling and bustling around up front, than Welbeck doing not very much. Welbeck, Sturridge and Frazier Campbell may all be decent young strikers, but this season they simply have not proven to be better than Grant Holt.

Now unless someone who doesn''t think Holt should be in the squad, is willing to admit Norwich are a better side than Man.U or Chelsea, then surely what Holt has done, scoring more goals than Sturridge and Welbeck (and not starting all games, he has been a sub a number of times), is a bigger achievement, and shows what a great player he really is.

He''s done it at League Two, League One, the Championship and now the Premier League. How on earth is he not good enough to get in the England euro squad?

Surely the only sensible thing to do, is take the best team possible, not the ''future'' how will losing, probably not even getting through the group stages help the youngsters? It won''t.

I''d be perfectly happy if the Euro squad was full of the players who have been playing well in their position, all season, regardless of age or club they are at. Obviously that is too much to ask of your nation, its quite clear why so many people don''t bother with England now a days.

Brilliant post Ginger P.The very fact that he''s scored so many and so often at an ''unfashionable'' (I dont think that but the snobs on MOTD do) club like ours means that he should be guaranteed a seat on the plane.But just like league 1, the championship and the premier league he probably wont cut it.Doubt Holty at your peril [6]

If Holt is in the squad I might actually start taking an interest in the England games again.Irrespective of the fact that he is a City player.... it will show the country that the FA have an open mind regarding any English player and that a place in the England squad can be had if he plays well enough, for long enough.This has never been the case before with the closed shop FA set up.... and it is the reason why we have never won anything either side of 1966.... not even a final place.

Much as I love Holt and the way he plays, he won''t get selected for the Euros I''m afraid - not fashionable and collects too many bookings.The continental refs would have a hissy fit at his antics and have him in an early bath as soon as possible. He''s ideally suited for the rough and tumble of the English game, but far too uncouth for the cultured Europeans and their defenders are just as accomplished at drawing fouls as he is.May possibly get a chance though as one of the overage players for the Olympic team.

Have you seen how many bookings there are in the ''continental'' game, there isn''t a single game in Spain that goes past without a booking. There player are just as dirty, if not more so.

If Holt were selected for England, which I think he should be, not because he''s a city player and I''m a city fan, but because he''s shown throughout the season that he can significantly influence and change a game and produce a result, at that point I''d purchase my first England jersey with a name and number on the back.

I''ll be surprised if Holt gets 18 LEAGUE goals this season cause hes currently on 13 League goals so would need to score 5 goals in our remaining 6 League games, all of which look tough with established Premiership club Aston Villa at home being probably our easiest game!

That said I think hes done enough to get a squad place for the Euros, although I suspect as another poster put it, a load of underperforming show ponies from more fashionable clubs will get the nod before Holt!

This happened in the 1970''s when we first established ourselves in the top flight, then again in the 1980''s apart from a few exceptions like Boyer, Barham, Reeves, Watson and Woods and I''m pretty sure it will be the same again this summer!

Not trying to be controversial, but what do we as NCFC gain from having Super Grant play for England? Yes, there''s some kudos but other than that I don''t want to see him play for England any time for a number of reasons. For starters, he could get injured (think Dean Ashton and Michael Owen), then he could get fatigued playing more games, both things which could impact on his availability or performances for us. I''d rather he didn''t play in the Euros as I don''t realistically think we''ll do well and don''t want our man getting tarnished by another poor England showing at a tournament.

All very selfish of me and not very patriotic but I want to keep him just for us scoring goals to keep us in the Premier League.

[quote user="Imported Canary"]Not trying to be controversial, but what do we as NCFC gain from having Super Grant play for England? Yes, there''s some kudos but other than that I don''t want to see him play for England any time for a number of reasons. For starters, he could get injured (think Dean Ashton and Michael Owen), then he could get fatigued playing more games, both things which could impact on his availability or performances for us. I''d rather he didn''t play in the Euros as I don''t realistically think we''ll do well and don''t want our man getting tarnished by another poor England showing at a tournament.

All very selfish of me and not very patriotic but I want to keep him just for us scoring goals to keep us in the Premier League.[/quote]It''s all about Grant Holt and what it would do for him. Also it would be a fitting high point in his personal career.Anything NCFC shouldn''t come into it.

[quote user="Jeremy Cluckson"][quote user="Imported Canary"]Not trying to be controversial, but what do we as NCFC gain from having Super Grant play for England? Yes, there''s some kudos but other than that I don''t want to see him play for England any time for a number of reasons. For starters, he could get injured (think Dean Ashton and Michael Owen), then he could get fatigued playing more games, both things which could impact on his availability or performances for us. I''d rather he didn''t play in the Euros as I don''t realistically think we''ll do well and don''t want our man getting tarnished by another poor England showing at a tournament.

All very selfish of me and not very patriotic but I want to keep him just for us scoring goals to keep us in the Premier League.[/quote]It''s all about Grant Holt and what it would do for him. Also it would be a fitting high point in his personal career.Anything NCFC shouldn''t come into it.

[/quote]

Well said!There could even be a movie in it for him. At least a book!

[quote user="shefcanary"]He also won''t have as much time so won''t be tempted to plump up again as well! [/quote][:D]