Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Linker bites on twitter

Gary Lineker@GaryLineker

Do Norwich fans ever stop whining? Highly praised all season. Top half of show despite being a draw. Enjoy your great season

Sounds like he has sympathy with people on here.

I meant big ears Lineker

[quote user="shefcanary"]Gary Lineker@GaryLineker

Do Norwich fans ever stop whining? Highly praised all season. Top half of show despite being a draw. Enjoy your great season

Sounds like he has sympathy with people on here.

[/quote]

I apoligise for the three posts on the same subject but my Internet explorer kept crashing on posting so assumed none had made it but then there were three.  Damn this bloody site.  Hopefully Pete can merge them, please.

I agree with him 100%. God i cannot believe the number city fans who complain about our lack of media coverage. it has worked wonders for us in the last two seasons, lets continue to fly under the radar.Who even cares what the national media think, we watch and support our club and we know how good we are, that is all that mattersIn relation to MoTD, we can hardly complain about the coverage we have had, there has been some good anlysis of our play by the guys on the show. Of course we have been on last a few times, nationally not many people have an interest in us, and we have also been invovled in some damn dull games for the neutrals this season. I think some city fans need to stop looking at everything with green tinted lenses and stop getting jealous about the attention Swansea get- they get it for their style of play (which is good to see and truly deserved) and we get it for our team effort and our ability to switch systems so well with such adaptable palyers and a brilliant manager.Be happy, we are in the prem- lets continue to enjoy

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]What prompted his outburst?[/quote]

This is some other ones - think its no different to the moaning there has been on this site.  May even have been replying to some people from this site!

Gary Lineker@GaryLineker

RT : Am a life long NCFC Gary. OTT praise for Swansea annoys me. < Ah! Is this what lies behind it?

It can''t be long until Walkers bring out a "Linker Bites" snack size bag of saturated fat with some potatoes in it.  Hopefully shaped like big ears, or enormous bell ends.  Either would suit the retarded little sofa chimp.

He may be right about the moaning, i dont get why some fans need the BBC team to praise us, who cares?. But MOTD has become a joke the coverage is absolute rubbish and the pundits knowledge of the actual teams outside the big 4 or 5 is very poor and they look distinctly uninterested, insulting when you think Alan Hansen gets £40k for each show of license payers money. BBC sport is a shambles in general.

F*ck Lineker, F*ck MOTD and F*ck Swansalona.

How''s that for an intelligent reply !

MOTD for people who can''t afford sky !

I think Jug Ears "talent" was exposed a few weeks when his auto cue stopped and he just gobbled like a particularly stupid goldfish. Never liked the bloke even in Italia 90.

MOTD is a lazy poor excuse for a programme, with 2 truly awful idiots in Linkeker and Shearer. Hansen is an exception but he struggles to bring the programme up to its former level. MOTD 2 is way better.

MOTD 2 is mile better.

The constant craving for attention that some Norwich fans want is embarassing, and the same when something negative is said - whether it''s true or not! It reminds me of how I used to act when I was 10. Linker is probably fed up with it every week, as am I.Look at it this way. Swansea and Brendan Rodgers are getting lots of praise (rightly so, of course), this means that more people will be focussed on their players in the summer - and manager, like the rumours of Rodgers going to Spurs if Redknapp leaves for England. While we continue with our great performances under the radar with little threat of clubs coming in for our best players and helping to develop as a team and club.On the topic of the Match of The Day order I''m not exactly sure what the difference is to being on 3rd instead of 4th. The first two games have more coverage because they were better games and have more riding on the result. Norwich and Everton who have nothing to compete for in the league now are on 4th out of 8 games, that can hardly be something to moan about. Fans need to stop trying to find stuff to moan about and instead enjoy the brilliant spell that we are having at the minute.

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]I''ve said it before and I''ll say it again, I think we have good coverage and many complimentary things said about us on the MOTD.[/quote]agreed... people want a show dedicated to just Norwich it seems

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]I''ve said it before and I''ll say it again, I think we have good coverage and many complimentary things said about us on the MOTD.[/quote]agreed... people want a show dedicated to just Norwich it seems[/quote]Small world syndrome I''m afraid.Pretty embarrassing for Gary Lineker to have to remark on it.

NCTV - Now there''s a thought. I will have a word with Sky. It is annoying at times but we will never get as much attention as the ''Big clubs'' irrespective of how well we do.

Not sure i go along with all this '' best to be under the radar'' crap because you are not telling me that other scouts. manager''s etc do not bother watching our manager and player''s because they are last on MOTD !

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Who the funk''s this Linker bloke?[:^)][/quote]

Think it wuz moi "callin Neeyal on Canary Call" moment.

I''ve mentioned a few of these points previously, but just to reiterate -1. MOTD and the media in general will always gravitate towards the top six / title race / glamour teams because that''s where the main public interest is, both nationally and globally2. following this the next area of interest is the relegation battle3. NCFC do not currently fit either of the above two criteria, and haven''t done all season in their own rightFor all the moaning and criticism levelled at MOTD from NCFC fans generally, Lineker is 100% right in his comments.  Two years ago, we were playing Exeter, Hartlepool, and Carlisle, and we now are about to finish a brilliant season in the PL and retain our PL status.Enjoy the fact that we regularly slip under the radar.  Try asking anyone connected with Wolves, Wigan, or Blackburn if they''d like to enjoy as little coverage as we do, in (almost) stress free mid-table obscurity come the first week of April.Anyone who doesn''t agree with Lineker is very short sighted.

No surprise that some of the key moments of the match totally overlooked - Baines potential sending off, potential penalty.  Ah well.  Still Lawro was unequivocal that Holty won''t be going to the Euro''s.  Gives us Norwich fans plenty more to MOAN about!!!

NO. Just NO.

Lawrensen doesn''t have to explain why he writes off the second highest scorer''s opportunity of his career.

[quote user="shefcanary"]No surprise that some of the key moments of the match totally overlooked - Baines potential sending off, potential penalty.  Ah well.  Still Lawro was unequivocal that Holty won''t be going to the Euro''s.  Gives us Norwich fans plenty more to MOAN about!!![/quote]

I think you''re being a bit harsh.

I mean they did find time to show Holt''s tame header back to Howard and Naughton''s speculative long range drive which was also easily dealt with by Howard.

;-)

[quote user="GJP"]

[quote user="shefcanary"]No surprise that some of the key moments of the match totally overlooked - Baines potential sending off, potential penalty.  Ah well.  Still Lawro was unequivocal that Holty won''t be going to the Euro''s.  Gives us Norwich fans plenty more to MOAN about!!![/quote]

I think you''re being a bit harsh.

I mean they did find time to show Holt''s tame header back to Howard and Naughton''s speculative long range drive which was also easily dealt with by Howard.

;-)

[/quote]

Fair comment - musn''t work those pundits too hard!!!  Gotta make sure they can pass on their wisdom on other more deserving causes - like Liverpool and Daglish for instance.

Ok i take back anything positive i said about MoTD. That was shocking- what insightful comments from Hanson and Lawro to Linekar''s question about Holt for england. They are pundits, surely they should justify what they say.Crouch can''t cross like Holt, can''t score like Holt, can''t run like Holt, can''t fuck 100 women at once like Holt- infact there is nothign he can do  better than the legend that is holt

All you people that say we get our fair share of coverage are on a different planet. They have nothing ever to say about Norwich, and when they do its the usual shite about how well were doing and that''s it! And they seem reluctant to say it. Hardly ever properly analyse our games either.

How people cannot see this is beyond me.

I do agree with Lineker with one thing, about people moaning, there is nothing to be moaning about, the season is not over yet either!