Sign in to follow this  
JamesOL

Ballottelli

I think he got his 5th yellow today (should have been sent off for one of his challenges), so we won''t have the pleasure of his company next week i guess?

As the Ref missed it (not a good weekend for Refs what with us, Wigan and now Arsenal suffering) the FA will make sure he gets a ban for the X rated foul earlier in the game.

Balotelli''s initial yellow card wouldnt have mattered as he''s had 5 yellows over the course of the season & in january the 5 yellow cards go back to zero, basically meaning you have to get 5 more between jan-may to be suspended.Plus even if he was banned from that yellow he''s have missed their game on wednesday & not ours.

However all irrelevant as the fool got himself sent off & now gets a 5 game ban i believe.

Did you notice the high tackle he did in the first half which was right in front of the 4th official which should have been a straight red.

Suprise suprise the 4th official for the game was Andre mariner

[quote user="NCFC1"]Did you notice the high tackle he did in the first half which was right in front of the 4th official which should have been a straight red. Suprise suprise the 4th official for the game was Andre mariner[/quote]

What powers do 4th officials have?  Can they do anything?   Are they allowed to influence

the referee? 

[quote user="NCFC1"]Did you notice the high tackle he did in the first half which was right in front of the 4th official which should have been a straight red. Suprise suprise the 4th official for the game was Andre mariner[/quote]

The very same who forgot all about his appointment at Specsavers

[quote user="lake district canary"]

What powers do 4th officials have?  Can they do anything?   Are they allowed to influence

the referee? 

[/quote]

You bet your life they are. They are in his ear the whole game.

What powers do 4th officials have?  Can they do anything?    

[/quote]They can travel through time, and some of them have laser eyes.

Justice wasn''t served in the end because there is a huge difference between a straight red and 2 yellows, not least the fact Man City would have been down to 10 men far earlier.

This might not just be the beginning of the end for Balotelli and for Mancini, but could it also be for Man City.  The longer they go without success the sooner the owners will get sick and will we have another Portsmouth or Rangers, but on a much bigger scale, on our hands in 2 -3 years time?[:^)]

Let''s just put it to bed and talk about NCFC

The bloke is nothing but a disgrace to football. Has the attitude and actions of a spoilt brat in a school playground that has just been given detention.

I hope when the whole team got back into the dressing room after the game gave him a good hiding. Disgrace to the whole team.

The clip of Joe Hart when he got sent off. "stupid, bloody idiot etc" (watch it) speaks volumes.

Glad this disgusing human being will not grace the hallowed turf that is Carrow Road

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I don''t think he''ll play again for Man.C, unless the new manager wants him.[/quote]

Rumour has it that Mourinho has already accepted the job and he was the guy that sold Ballotelli as he considered him unmanageable. [:D]

the referee? 

Most games they can''t even control the technical area. 

[/quote]

He is a handy scapegoat for Man City making a mess of their title challenge.

Don''t get me the wrong, the guy is prone to being a total moron and he doesn''t do himself any favours.

But he is now going to be a very convenient scapegoat for City because they''ve got more problems than just him and actually Balotelli has scored a lot of important goals for him.

Sometimes the good stuff he does in a game can actually far outweigh the bad but people are desperate (and love) to get on his case for the slightest thing he does wrong.

likely to be charged retroactively by the f.a. for that horror tackle on song so unlikely to be available for selection again this season, though mancini seems to have said that he is finished at man. city, but a guy called tevez springs to mind. wasn''t there a similar statement concerning that gentleman.

I actually thought both of his yellows were a tad harsh - but then again he should have had a straight red for the first challenge on Song which was horrible.

He doesn''t help himself - because of his reputation you often hear pundits going on about things that aren''t really anything significant. Robbie Savage criticised him for kicking in the post in frustration after having an effort blocked on the line, yet nobody mentions it when Hart does the exact same thing after Arteta''s goal. That is mostly his fault, I''m not trying to stick up for him, I''m just saying that now every little thing he does is portrayed in a negative light, whereas when others do it, it''s ignored, thus making him look even worse.

I think Mancini is more to blame than Balotelli. If you think he''s a liability, don''t play him. Or at least don''t publicly slag him off before the game and then play him! What sort of man management is that? Don''t say you can''t trust your player and he is a liability and then start him in the biggest game of the season. Crazy. And when you look at how he handled the Tevez situation you''ve got to think he''s just not strong enough to cope with big egos. If Ferguson said a player would never play for United again after he refused to come on and then went awol for 6 months, I don''t think he''d be playing for United again! If Ferguson came out and said he couldn''t trust a player and that player was a liability, that player would be rotting in the reserves until sold in the next window - not starting a potential title decider at Arsenal.

Roberto Mancini is a push over, and imo a joke of a manager...Tevezgate should have been proof that the players dictate at that club... If mancini had any balls he''d have sold Tevez first chance he got.Balotelli is a spoilt baby and needs a manager to put the fear of christ into him... maybe even stick him in the reserves or loan him out to a lower division club for a season to see how the other half live.... If Balotelli was at old trafford i think he would have S*it himself by now for fear of the wrath of Ferguson.... the same fergie who took thugs like Keane and made them into winners...

Well i have enjoyed some of Mario''s antics this season but yesterday he was a disgrace.Highly unprofessional to say the least,verging on the psychotic with some of his tackles.

[quote user="Herman "]Well i have enjoyed some of Mario''s antics this season but yesterday he was a disgrace.Highly unprofessional to say the least,verging on the psychotic with some of his tackles.[/quote]thats another thing as well.. Balotelli clearly has mental issues... someone needs to help him before he does do something completely crazy....if he didnt have football who thinks he''d be under a social worker?

Well as I said above, I don''t actually think the tackles he got yellow cards for were all that bad. The second yellow was extremely harsh - ok it was a stupid challenge to make in the opponents'' half that late on in a game, but it wasn''t malicious. The only truly malicious tackle was the first one which was overlooked. But there are plenty of players who have been sent off for nasty malicious tackles. Take that out of the game yesterday and I think a few pundits would have been saying he was a victim of his own reputation rather than the actual tackles being too bad.

He is a character - he makes things interesting. It was a terrible tackle, but other than that, all of the "antics" have been fairly amusing for an outsider. But I saw Gary Neville before a game a couple of days ago (can''t think which) and he said that when you get personalities like Balotelli, the good has to outweigh the bad (he used the example of Cantona). Is that so for Balotelli? Well probably not - he''s a decent player, but not good enough to get away with all the disruption.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Herman "]Well i have enjoyed some of Mario''s antics this season but yesterday he was a disgrace.Highly unprofessional to say the least,verging on the psychotic with some of his tackles.[/quote]

thats another thing as well.. Balotelli clearly has mental issues... someone needs to help him before he does do something completely crazy....

if he didnt have football who thinks he''d be under a social worker?
[/quote]

Probably under 24hr supervision to be honest.

Aggy,the horror tackle is probably clouding my judgement,but i thought  his cards were deserved.Would like to see them again,sort of.

Well, I think regardless of whether they should have both been yellows or not, your last post sort of makes the point anyway - people will have their judgement clouded because of the controversy he brings upon himself. That''s his own fault. It''s the same as Suarez''s diving - do it enough and people stop believing you when you do genuinely get fouled. Balotelli doesn''t get the benefit of the doubt from refs or many supporters nowadays because of his reputation for doing stupid things.

And again, the first tackle on Song was that bad that I''m not going to stick up for him too much on the two yellows he did get!