Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

We bullied them?

Thats what Redknapp says (interview on the BBC live text/coverage thing). There were quite a few fouls in the game, from both sides, a fair bit of rough play. But surely Spurs were just as bad, maybe even worse (in the danger areas anyway).

Aawh, bless him.  Stats say 12 fouls apiece - not forgtting the 3, (THREE), penalties that weren''t awarded.  The only one bullying was the ref.

I dont think he meant it in a critical way to be fair he also said we deserved to win and that is part of our style, not the only part but there''s no doubt we look to compete physically.

no, we outplayed them and were deserved winners of an excellent match. we should have had at least one penalty and probably two. if the first, definite penalty is awarded they do not score their breakaway goal to put them back in the match.

Yep sorry its just an excuse, I thought they were more physical then us, we just press more. We were just plain old better than them, end of.

To be fair to Redknapp I don''t think he meant it in a negative way, I think he was fair in his comments and fully admitted we deserved to win...

Agressive yes, bullied certainly notIt''s a competitive game and like wise many of our challenges are competitive. A trait we seem to have developed is to put the foot in even after they appear to have one the ball. Watch the first goal and see how it was through keeping up a constant challenge that Spurs lost the ball .. and conceded the goal.We are NOT Stoke, nor are we some cheating continental team, just a good a bunch of robust tackling players who enjoy a good old ''scrimmage''Crook 1` v 2 Cook

This is in no way a negative sleight from Redknapp, just a football term. You often tell players ''don''t get bullied'' and he just meant that our front players were stronger and hungrier than their defenders. It is an old school footballing compliment.

I thought it was a compliment to how we took the game by the scruff of the neck and drove it on.

In the context of the whole interview yes, in the bit on the BBC live text, it doesn''t have the bit he said straight after that, which makes it more apparent he mean''t it as a compliment. I just thought, in the context of the text on BBC, ''bullied'' seemed like a strange word, to me that suggested he thought we were over aggressive and relied on being physical. But he was purely stating Holt and WIlbraham were a handful for the CBs.

They both really unsettled King. He was made to look very, very average times. Can only give Alby big praise again to today. Another very solid shift.