Sign in to follow this  
combinecanary

London pubs pre Spurs

We are travelling via Ely into Kings Cross as a result of the nightmare known as Norwich to Liverpool Street.Looks like the Victoria line and a long stroll along Seven Sisters Road stopping for a pint or two or we get off at Tottnham Hale which if memory serves me well is 20 minutes from White Hart Lane.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]We are travelling via Ely into Kings Cross as a result of the nightmare known as Norwich to Liverpool Street.Looks like the Victoria line and a long stroll along Seven Sisters Road stopping for a pint or two or we get off at Tottnham Hale which if memory serves me well is 20 minutes from White Hart Lane.[/quote]I wouldn''t rely on getting a pint on Seven Sisters Road, Tilly. They''re almostly all '' home '' places if I remember rightly and some want to see a match ticket before they''ll let you in.There''s an away friendly pub allegedly ten mins walk from the ground called The Elmhurst Hotel on Lordship Lane but I think you''d be better off around Kings Cross pre and post match. There''s a good real ale pub called The Bree Louise in Coburg St just off Euston Rd. Not a place for a candlelit evening meal with your beloved but there''ll be plenty of real ale flowing I''m sure.....

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="TIL 1010"]We are travelling via Ely into Kings Cross as a result of the nightmare known as Norwich to Liverpool Street.Looks like the Victoria line and a long stroll along Seven Sisters Road stopping for a pint or two or we get off at Tottnham Hale which if memory serves me well is 20 minutes from White Hart Lane.[/quote]

I wouldn''t rely on getting a pint on Seven Sisters Road, Tilly. They''re almostly all '' home '' places if I remember rightly and some want to see a match ticket before they''ll let you in.

There''s an away friendly pub allegedly ten mins walk from the ground called The Elmhurst Hotel on Lordship Lane but I think you''d be better off around Kings Cross pre and post match. There''s a good real ale pub called The Bree Louise in Coburg St just off Euston Rd. Not a place for a candlelit evening meal with your beloved but there''ll be plenty of real ale flowing I''m sure.....
[/quote]

Thanks for that Graham but hanging around Kings Cross when Kathy is with us might not be the best move.They say old habits die hard so we will have to keep an eye out for her in case she gets up to old tricks.[;)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="TIL 1010"]We are travelling via Ely into Kings Cross as a result of the nightmare known as Norwich to Liverpool Street.Looks like the Victoria line and a long stroll along Seven Sisters Road stopping for a pint or two or we get off at Tottnham Hale which if memory serves me well is 20 minutes from White Hart Lane.[/quote]I wouldn''t rely on getting a pint on Seven Sisters Road, Tilly. They''re almostly all '' home '' places if I remember rightly and some want to see a match ticket before they''ll let you in.There''s an away friendly pub allegedly ten mins walk from the ground called The Elmhurst Hotel on Lordship Lane but I think you''d be better off around Kings Cross pre and post match. There''s a good real ale pub called The Bree Louise in Coburg St just off Euston Rd. Not a place for a candlelit evening meal with your beloved but there''ll be plenty of real ale flowing I''m sure.....[/quote]

Thanks for that Graham but hanging around Kings Cross when Kathy is with us might not be the best move.They say old habits die hard so we will have to keep an eye out for her in case she gets up to old tricks.[;)]

[/quote][:D]

The Bree Marie sounds like a good shout to me!

Drinking in edmonton is a no-no. Ive been to the court there (for work, not for being bad!) and i wouldnt want to drink there!

[quote user="combinecanary"]Ive been to the court there (for work, not for being bad!) and i wouldnt want to drink there![/quote]Blimey, a court that sells alcohol [+o(][<:o)]

[quote user="The Gruffalo"]Oh dear, silly Plod was going to go drinking with the Yids. You should have left him to it Smith Must Score!
[/quote]

Now what was that you were saying on another thread about ignoring people you don''t like.Have you a problem with drinking with Spurs fans Duffalo? I certainly haven''t on previous visits but then again someone i know managed to get wrong with fellow City fans in The Nelson a few months ago and got a slap for his troubles.Depends what you say really i suppose ?

Guff..

You''re losing it buddy. Everyone is watching your mask slide away.

Still, there''s plenty of room for more monkeys in the drum[Y]

I''m unmasked Guff.

Now where are you drinking tomorrow? I''d like to see what''s behind that mask. Especially as you seem to know soooo much about me.

Come on shy guy. I''ll buy you a pint[B]

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="TIL 1010"]We are travelling via Ely into Kings Cross as a result of the nightmare known as Norwich to Liverpool Street.Looks like the Victoria line and a long stroll along Seven Sisters Road stopping for a pint or two or we get off at Tottnham Hale which if memory serves me well is 20 minutes from White Hart Lane.[/quote]

I wouldn''t rely on getting a pint on Seven Sisters Road, Tilly. They''re almostly all '' home '' places if I remember rightly and some want to see a match ticket before they''ll let you in.

There''s an away friendly pub allegedly ten mins walk from the ground called The Elmhurst Hotel on Lordship Lane but I think you''d be better off around Kings Cross pre and post match. There''s a good real ale pub called The Bree Louise in Coburg St just off Euston Rd. Not a place for a candlelit evening meal with your beloved but there''ll be plenty of real ale flowing I''m sure.....
[/quote]

As well as City now being safe, I thought you might like to know that remarkably, our liitle group is also safe after visiting said pub. It certainly was colourful, especially the fresh blood on the doorstep.

talk about a long walk for a beer!.....freindly atomsphere though

4 poor ladies rushed around behind the bar having all sorts of problems (no change, no glasses)....I was waiting for them to shout out ''NO BEER''!

....but it was funny when they shouted out ''69!'' for a food order and everyone cheered....only for the woman to shout back ''ANYTIME LADS!''

;-)