Sign in to follow this  
Bryangunnshairline

holt to euros - talksport

They done a half hour discussion tonight on if Holt should go to the euros. Alvin Martin said Holt should be given a chance and collymore went as far to say he should be leading the line in the games Rooney is absent from. He said he has to play in the two friendlies and should be starting our first two group games. Pressure is mounting .... no talk on ruddy but he has to be in aswell surely

I listened to it aswell, seems more & more people are coming round to the idea of holt playing for england. Collymore has been very vocal about it recently & think talksport do a great job in their debates about player/clubs/managers etc.

as collymore said: Welbeck has plenty of playing time but wastes too many chances

Sturridge has been poor last 3/4 months

Defoe is hit & miss & cant lead the line

Crouch, although scoring a wonder strike the other day isnt in as good form as GH

He deserves a chance for the friendlies at least.

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]Pity Holt didn''t get a goal today...would have loved to have seen that topic brought up on MOTD today....[/quote]Not wanting to take anything away from E Bennet but if Holt had scored that !!BTW, I was there and near the front of the lower tier. I couldn''t believe he shot from there. I was thinking "Now, who''s he going to try and pass that to?" then BAM !!!