Sign in to follow this  
Canary

Wilbraham :)

We all know that he is never a striker that will score us 20 goals in a season... he''s not technically gifted and that''s there for all to see...

But my god, he works and works and works. Never gives up a lost cause, made the second goal against Everton and worked tirelessly for his team today at Tottenham. Deserved a goal but got stitches and a blood soaked shirt instead.

Lambert himself had admired that his personality is class and he is a great person to have around the club. Deserves so much for his work effort.

I was hoping he would start today and certainly justified Lambert''s faith him in. I thought his link up play with the midfield was excellent, and gave us something we''ve been missing to a degree this season. This guy is making a difference, and I certainly would be happy for him to be given a 12 month deal.

Unless he still has a headache, he deserves to start the next game, though Lambert keeps everyone on their toes.

He really is an odd type of striker, and I can understand why defenders struggle to deal with him. He''s not your typical target man, he lacks pace, but my word does he give it 100% and never gives defenders a moments peace when the ball is there to be one.

I''d give him another 12 months on his deal purely because he''s something completely different to what options we do have up front.

He also seems to bring the best out of Holt... and that is reason enough to give him a longer deal!

Probably sums up so much of what the squad is about.He''s come from nowhere and just plugged away until he got his chance. To many he was the forgotten man, a player who was sitting out his contract until he could quietly leave in the summer. A battler who will not give defenders a moments peace. With a fair few players able to put in a decent cross it''s good to have someone scrapping in the box to put defenders under pressure and set up chances for others.One thing is certain, if you are brought into the club then you will have a job to do - and it looks like the coaching squad are working doubley hard to get players up to that requirement. How many of us wrote off Wilbrham as well as Drury and Lappin ?Perhaps we shouldn''t give up on Morison just yet.

[quote user="Aaron"]We all know that he is never a striker that will score us 20 goals in a season... he''s not technically gifted and that''s there for all to see...

But my god, he works and works and works. Never gives up a lost cause, made the second goal against Everton and worked tirelessly for his team today at Tottenham. Deserved a goal but got stitches and a blood soaked shirt instead.

Lambert himself had admired that his personality is class and he is a great person to have around the club. Deserves so much for his work effort.[/quote]For the licking he and Holt gave the Spurs back line today, I''d have them both wearing scrum caps and a mouth guard for the next match against Man City.  A couple of crazy eyes at kick off and we may see a defender pinch a loaf during the match.

he caused Spurs'' defence all sorts of problems today....not least through his unpredictability, Ledley King was diabolical today both in the air and on the ground. Both Wilbraham and Holt were also giving Kaboul a problem or two but the key was when he went off and was replaced by the terrible Nelsen. What on earth was Redknapp thinking when he signed this guy from the relegation -threatened Blackburn....you can probably trace Spurs recent decline from the day of that signing?

PL said he does a lot for the boys confidence behind the scenes too. I think the guys not playing (Lapps for example) do so much for the team and the spirit and they deserve to be here on that alone and get their chances on the pitch. So proud of every player and the effort they put in. My god am I glad my team are Norwich