Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Bradley Johnson

Haven''t seen too much said about him and feel he deserves a lot of praise for his performance. After a fantastic start to the season he tailed off and lately when he''s played he''s not quite looked good enough - giving the ball away with poor passing and not breaking play up as well as he perhaps could.

But yesterday I thought he was superb. Made some awesome interceptions, and played simple passes to howson and the like who started attacks. Fantastic engine too, one minute was winning the ball in our half, next he was shooting (albeit not fantastically) at friedel.

Whilst howson was a stand out performer I think Bradley really deserves some praise too.

totally agree, didn''t think any of us owuld have expected this team to have started the four banks of four and Wilby and just off Holty.There was one moment when we broke forward and Johnson stayed back and actually held up the attack brilliantly. At the start of the season we all felt he could do that role and actually play ahead of Fox because of his energy, strength and ability to challenge. Yesterday he put in a performance that after not starting for a while proved that whoever comes into the first team from a little wilderness is ready for premiership football. That shows the training pitch is working and that our squad is strong.So glad the 4-4-2 style formation is working so well. The poor performances during March are beginning to be forgotten as confidence grows again. Fantastic, unexpected result and I really hope we can pull of these types of performances through till the end of the season. I said after the Everton game I felt that the performance we put in was miles away after watching the displays against Wolves and Fulham. But again you put in a good performance and you warrant a result, a fantastic draw and an AMAZING win.Lets keep it going and I wonder whe nwe will see that four across the midfield, there is plenty of ability in that young midfield.

Agree totally with Hoggy. Yesterday we saw the Bradley Johnson we all loved before the England talk started and he got a bit carried away with himself. Very disciplined, won lots of tackles, although his shooting continues to be woeful!

I''m starting to feel sorry for Leeds fans.

I know, I know. But rumour mills have us linked with us going for Snodgrass again in the summer. And it must be sickening for them to see a former Leeds central midfield pairing ripping appart and battering to bits a top premiership midfield including international stars.

Imagine if it gets better with Snodgrass coming here too. Poor sods. I really genuinely feel for them. It reminds me of us going down and then having to watch Blackburn win the title with Chris Sutton.

[quote user="Beauseant"]Agree totally with Hoggy. Yesterday we saw the Bradley Johnson we all loved before the England talk started and he got a bit carried away with himself. Very disciplined, won lots of tackles, although his shooting continues to be woeful![/quote]He can certainly leather it - if it''s accurate or not is, sadly, a completely different story!

Corrrr needs to work on his shooting but he''s the kind of player we need to keep playing well even as a squad player if we''re going to stay in the prem long term.

It filled me with pride when I saw Howson and Johnson harrying (if thats the right word) Modric and Van Der Vaart. Two premiership so called ''nobodies'' dispossessing international stars one ex real Madrid, the other reportedly worth £80m! Oh and Ryan Bennett winning every header against ex Real Madrid man Adebayor. And finally a 250k full back from League 1 doing a job on possibly the best Left Mid in the world. What a game and what a performance from every single player.

I thought he played pretty well, especially as his game time has been limited in the past couple of months, was back to his early season best. A great player to have when he''s on form, if he could keep that up all season, I think him and Howson in the centre is probably one of the best CM pairings we could have for a few seasons (at least against the ''better'' or passing teams).

Did exactly what he was brought in to do yesterday.

He''s not a very good footballer but he covered more ground than anybody else yesterday and got in the Tottenham players faces.

Playing 2 big men who were going to chase everything down allowed him to keep things simple & play the percentage balls into the channels.

Should have scored, or at least hit the target with a number of shots. Otherwise it was a very impressive return for the squad. His passing often lets him down, but thought it was superb against Spurs.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Did exactly what he was brought in to do yesterday.

He''s not a very good footballer but he covered more ground than anybody else yesterday and got in the Tottenham players faces.

Playing 2 big men who were going to chase everything down allowed him to keep things simple & play the percentage balls into the channels.[/quote]I think he is actually a half decent passer of the ball. According to whoscored.com Johnson attempted 52 passes (22 more than the next highest Norwich player) and had an accurate pass percentage of 83%. Johnson needs to take a page out of David Fox''s book and play the simple passes accurate and fast, half of his poor passes are because he stands on the ball too long, allowing a player to close him down resulting in a very poor pass.

Bradley Johnson song???To the tune of  Glad All Over by The Dave Clarke 5  ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yrrch43CweU )He''s out on the right wing (he''s on the wing)Now he''s at the back (he''s at the back)He''s bossing the midfield (bossing the midfield)Now he''s on attack (he''s on attack)And we''re seeing (clap clap) Brad all overYes he''s (clap clap) Brad all overWe''re seeing (clap clap) Brad all overAll over the park.

Not to sure about the very last line, but the rest is OK? or do I get my coat????

He had a great game, helping to snuff out Modric, the one player I had feared. He had a great game, except in front of goal, where he contrived to miss most of the good chances we had. His technique let him down, and I feel that if he could improve this, and be content to make short passes to those able to pass better, he could be even better. He certainly seems to be above Crofts if hecontinues to play like this. Sadly for him, I suspect that normally he will lose out to Surman, Hooly or Foxy, with Howson likely to be one of the central players as long as he is uninjured.

It''s good to have such and energetic and agressive player available if we need to disrupt opposing midfielders with skilful players who need time.