Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

The FA reject QPR's Derry's appeal

On a weekend that the officials and FA have been slated they then refuse the Derry appeal. It wasn''t a foul and he has offside. I believe the FA need a bl**dy good restructuring! I don''t like QPR, but this is wrong!

That is a complete joke of a decision and goes to prove once and for all that those in charge of the game don''t have a clue about it.

Things have to change.

That being said, if it had to happen to anyone, it couldn''t have happened to a better club. Shame Colin isn''t still there, he would have literally exploded.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]That is a complete joke of a decision and goes to prove once and for all that those in charge of the game don''t have a clue about it.

Things have to change.

That being said, if it had to happen to anyone, it couldn''t have happened to a better club. Shame Colin isn''t still there, he would have literally exploded.[/quote]Talking of Colin, haven''t Leeds had a player sent off in each of their last 3 games? Has Bradley Johnson been hanging around his old haunts whilst he has been out of the side I wonder?

The FA are useless, they really are.

No extra punishment for Balloteli (because the referee saw it, and didn''t take action, seems to be the excuse according the BBC article I just read, might have read that wrong though) and they reject an appeal for something that wasn''t a foul, and was offside anyway so shouldn''t have counted.

What on earth do they think they are playing at? Employ a bunch of incompetent officials, don''t punish them when they make poor decision after poor decision (as well as being inconsistent, which surely is the one thing you should get from a Ref even if they are getting everything wrong), and then they back these poor decision.

If you were in any other job, and did so poorly at work, so often, you''d get sacked. Simple as that. The FA have loads of options really, from better training, to technology, various punishments and finally a sacking. But they do nothing.

I think i''m just going to start ignoring all English football bar Norwich.

Pardon my ignorance but are there not standards for making these decisions? Regulations so to speak. Some guidelines for example:1) Was the tackle dangerous malicious and with intent? NO this wasn''t.2) Was it a foul? No, probably not.3) IT WAS OFFSIDE ANYWAY.I could understand if it was a two footed leg-breaking lunge and it was upheld as the fact it''s offside would be irrelevant to the danger of the tackle.In this instance it is a nudge (AT THE MOST) in the back of a player who''s dived, and was a yard offside.Im not a fan of QPR but that is an absolutely disgusting decision and literally makes the appeal process even more of a fucking laughing stock.

FA are a joke, i cant say i''m surprised though. Dont care for QPR but just like to see a level playing field, the FA should be trying to provide that in football, but constantly fail miserably. How they had the cheek to appeal Rooney''s rightful sending off for England and accept a reduction in the ban, while dismissing an injustice in their own court is pathetic.

I was under the impression that it worked like any appeal.

1) Was the process followed correctly?

2) Could the punishment be considered grossly disproportionate?

3) Was the decision clearly incorrect based on all of the available evidence at the time?

the answer to the first two is yes (process was followed and the punishment is not grossly disproportionate).

Whether you consider the decision fair or not does not matter. The decision was made by the referee that he was touched by derry and that it was not offside. Now the FA have obviously decided that given the information the ref had at the time he made the best decision he could.

[quote user="spudgfsh"]I was under the impression that it worked like any appeal. 1) Was the process followed correctly? 2) Could the punishment be considered grossly disproportionate? 3) Was the decision clearly incorrect based on all of the available evidence at the time? the answer to the first two is yes (process was followed and the punishment is not grossly disproportionate). Whether you consider the decision fair or not does not matter. The decision was made by the referee that he was touched by derry and that it was not offside. Now the FA have obviously decided that given the information the ref had at the time he made the best decision he could.[/quote]

I think there a few more factors involved than that, a retrospective wrong decision upheld against evidence that proves it wrong, would be crazy. Do you think the FA follow this procedure every time? If this was the way the appeal system worked in the wider world no one would ever be released from prision when new evidence comes to light proving innocence.

It''s wrong but the FA dare not do otherwise because the decision was crucial to relegation and promotion issues and huge sums of money are involved.

Personally, I can accept the penalty but the sending off was way over the top.

I doubt the offside was considered, the decision to send the player off was based on the foul. If there isn''t conclusive evidence to show that it wasn''t a foul, which I don''t think there is, then I think the decision was correct in terms of the rules.

But I do really want QPR to go down....

But they''d have still lost regardless...

Canaries Utd when you say I beleive the FA need a bl**dy good restructuring! is that a euphanism? If not it should be :)

[quote user="curly_whirly_tipz"]I agree,as much as I dislike qpr was a very unfair decision.[/quote]....does anyone believe if the appeal was the other way round, united appealing that their player had not committed a sending off offence, in exactly the same circumstances, that the f.a.''s

findings would have been the same? no, the red card would have been overturned, and quite rightly so. having said that, the united player would not have been sent off anyway and the lino would have seen the offside. totally disgusting verdict by all concerned.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]I doubt the offside was considered, the decision to send the player off was based on the foul. If there isn''t conclusive evidence to show that it wasn''t a foul, which I don''t think there is, then I think the decision was correct in terms of the rules.

But I do really want QPR to go down....

But they''d have still lost regardless...[/quote]I totally understand that and agree up to a certain extent, but it does prove something.  It proves there''s something inherently wrong in football as a whole.  Which is basically, the equivalent force of a fly landing on your shoulder can make you fall over and get a free kick/penalty and get your opponent sent off.