Sign in to follow this  
mozzaman

Away Fans - It's been a pleasure

After another monumental effort from the away fans again at Spurs, I want to say to all my fellow away season-ticket holders and everyone else who has come to the odd away game: Thanks, it''s been a pleasure, and long may it continue.

We''ve been all around the country in various states of disrepair, and each time there have been 2 constants. Quality performance by a brilliant NCFC side, and absolute dedication from the away support. The banter has been brilliant on almost every away occasion.

At Spurs, the away fans were even louder and more boisterous than ever, and I was hugely proud to be in their company once more.

I shall be renewing my away season ticket for next season without thought.

OTBC

No away supporters party for me. Got a stag do to go on.

I suspect that the club engineer it so not too many of us go, as they can''t accommodate all 700+ of us. My letter arrived, just dated "March 2012", about 10 days ago, leaving very little time to plan for it and most of us are busy.

Also, they planned it after the hardest home game to get tickets for - Man City. Many away season ticket holders either can''t afford to go to home games, and or can''t get there. In this case, there were few tickets available, and certainly none by the time my letter arrived.

Not hugely impressed, but will keep my social diary empty come next April. Once bitten, twice shy.

Has that changed Mozza? It didn''t used to be engineered by the club. When I used to go it was always put on and paid for by Delia as a thank you to fans who turned out for most of the away games. Mind you, there didn''t used to be 700!

What exactly is the criteria to receive an invite? It is described as an away supporters end of season party but i suspect it is only for away season ticket holders which i understand is around 700ish.As our away support has averaged way over 2,000 this season and probably last as well why not include Ballot group 2 members? I apprecdiate these away season ticket holders have stumped up £20 at the start of the season to ensure they get an away ticket but are they really any more deserving than the hundreds and hundreds of others who make every effort at huge expense to follow City away from home?

This is going to turn into one of those times where the club just can''t do it right, whatever it does. I''d have thought most away s/t holders also went to home games, so doubt there is some sort of ''conspiracy'' as seems to be suggested.

I don''t know what the criteria is for getting an invite but I had an invite in 09/10 when I went to I think 8 away games (and a couple of them I''m sure I bought on the turnstile, so no record for the club) and again last year when I went to 11. Never been though.

Assume I''ll have had one this year as been to 15+ but my post goes to a different address and not actually checked it for a couple of weeks! Anyone know if it''s possible to get a +1? I quite fancy going this year but don''t think I know anyone else going to the Man City match who''ll have had an invite.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]What exactly is the criteria to receive an invite? It is described as an away supporters end of season party but i suspect it is only for away season ticket holders which i understand is around 700ish.As our away support has averaged way over 2,000 this season and probably last as well why not include Ballot group 2 members? I apprecdiate these away season ticket holders have stumped up £20 at the start of the season to ensure they get an away ticket but are they really any more deserving than the hundreds and hundreds of others who make every effort at huge expense to follow City away from home?[/quote]I had an invite for the previous two years (13 and 15 away games attended) and I''ve never been an away season ticket holder.  I''ve been to 14 so far this season but no sign of an invite.  I suspect that as there''s now so many away season ticket holders the invites only extend to them which is a shame really.

I don''t know how it worked this season but at the end of our League One season I was sent an invite to the away fans party I assume for attending 10 away games over the previous 12 months as I only had 9 stubs for that season as my ticket in the home stand at Colchester wouldn''t count.

The tickets for the away supporters party were still available yesterday so it may be a little unfair to suggest they were gone when your invite arrived.

I have an away season ticket and by the end of the season will have been to 17 away games and it''s a nice gesture to be invited by the club. My understanding is that away season tickets holders got priority but as others have said we have superb away support and our fans are a real credit to this club.