Sign in to follow this  
Bury Yellow

Anyone bored yet?

Ok I''m not a football purist but I''ve tried to admire Swansea but I find it so boring.

Not sure what annoys me most, their football style of the self creaming commentators.

Hoorah QPR have scored

They are in a bit of a slump, I think this could be their 4th defeat in 4 if they don''t score in the 2nd half. They really are seeming to be getting sussed out - press high and give them no time on the ball and they really don''t do anything at all! I am 90% sure that they are going to really struggle next season, much more so than ourselves, unless they develop a Plan B, C, D, and E over the summer.

Yeah Swansea only have one style.We on the other hand have our fancy passing game (seen at Spurs and Everton), direct footbaall (like at West Brom) high pressure (QPR & Swansea) and our patient approach of soaking up pressure and countering lethally (Wolves away)

It amazes me, on the likes of MOTD, showing the percentage of possession they have is phenomenal, yet they cannot pick up points as a reflection of that. I think a couple of weeks ago they had 71% but still lost!! Like people say, they have no Plan B

[quote user="crabbycanary"]It amazes me, on the likes of MOTD, showing the percentage of possession they have is phenomenal, yet they cannot pick up points as a reflection of that. I think a couple of weeks ago they had 71% but still lost!! Like people say, they have no Plan B[/quote]Phenomenal in the sense that they are merely passing it backwards and forwards, to little purpose. How much possession did Spurs require to score against us ?Maybe it might be time to regard these meaningless statistics for what they are - meaningless statistics

[quote user="Excited Canary"]They are in a bit of a slump, I think this could be their 4th defeat in 4 if they don''t score in the 2nd half. They really are seeming to be getting sussed out - press high and give them no time on the ball and they really don''t do anything at all! I am 90% sure that they are going to really struggle next season, much more so than ourselves, unless they develop a Plan B, C, D, and E over the summer.[/quote]

Hit the nail on the head.

This reminds me of watching us play the first 45 mins at Fulham. No ideas, just backwards and sideways. Thank God we have other ways of playing, Swansea are a one trick pony team and they''ve been found out.

If ever there was a candidate for "second season syndrome" then its surely Swansea. They only know one way of playing and have consistently shown they have no plan B if that doesnt work.

We on the other hand have played countless systems ,formations and team selections all season, presumably making us far harder for oppositon teams to "work us out" next season?!

[quote user="crabbycanary"]It amazes me, on the likes of MOTD, showing the percentage of possession they have is phenomenal, yet they cannot pick up points as a reflection of that. I think a couple of weeks ago they had 71% but still lost!! Like people say, they have no Plan B[/quote]We could do that if Lambert gave instructions not to go forward and just spend have the game knocking it around in defence.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]We went through our bad spell recently, Swansea are now going through theres. No bearing whatsoever on next season in my view.[/quote]Exactly. Why is it that when teams who play possession football go through a bad patch everyone sneers about them having no Plan B? Nobody ever says that Stoke need a Plan B. The constant sniping at Swansea by some Norwich fans is also beginning to make us look very bitter. We''ve both done extremely well this season on a limited budget with teams comprised mainly of unproven talent organised by exceptional young managers. Can''t we be just happy for them?

Go on any of their sites Shack and you will find they aint too keen on us so I say in my most childish voice Yah Boo Sucks!

I appreciate some might enjoy their style of play but I''m not one of them.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Go on any of their sites Shack and you will find they aint too keen on us so I say in my most childish voice Yah Boo Sucks! I appreciate some might enjoy their style of play but I''m not one of them.[/quote]

Who cares what anyone says at another club!!  Why dumb down to their level?     And if you can''t appreciate why they''ve done so well this season, thats more a reflection of you than of them......

[quote user="Trent Canary"]We went through our bad spell recently, Swansea are now going through theres. No bearing whatsoever on next season in my view.
[/quote]

well at least Martin Keown has called it right on MOTD tonight, describing Swansea as "like watching paint dry" and also suggesting that teams have found them out.

I would suggest that if theyve been found out BEFORE the end of this season, it very much has a bearing on next season?!

[quote user="crabbycanary"]It amazes me, on the likes of MOTD, showing the percentage of possession they have is phenomenal, yet they cannot pick up points as a reflection of that. I think a couple of weeks ago they had 71% but still lost!! Like people say, they have no Plan B[/quote]

You don''t win games by keeping possession in your own half and frequently passing back to your goalkeeper.

Oh don''t worry, I get it about the lack of edge to their game to go with the possession, it''s just remarkable that they still do not seem to have the Plan B that they will certainly need for next season. In the Championship they looked good, but in this League they have been up against better teams and Coaches, who have sussed them.