Sign in to follow this  
Mr Brownstone

Saturday v Citeh

Suddenly looks like this might be more important with Citeh currently 4-0 at home to West Brom and United a goal down at Wigan. Gap is back to 5 if it stays like this.

and the goal difference is in Man Citys favour as well nowshould be a stonker of a gamethey want 1st, we want 7th

Play like we did over the weekend and there''s no reason we can''t get something from the game. We have the added motivation of putting right what happened at the Etihad, that''s the only time we''ve been turned over all season, it won''t happen again.

A repeat of the White Hart Lane performance and we can do them.  Will be tough though - expect Bradders to do a job on Silva but attack has to be the best form of defence.

Agreed. If the results last night had gone the other way, then the title really would have been over, and  perhaps Citeh might have thrown in the towel at Norwich on Sat . And, as such might have been a bit of a non-event.

But now , they''ve got to go for it (and hope Utd slip up of course) . That could work in our favour too. All the pressure will be on the Mancs. They cannot really afford to drop points .  Make no mistake,they will throw the kitchen sink at us, but if they do not make a breakthrough, they''ll get increasingly desperate, and leave gaps at the back that the likes of Pilks, Bennett or Wes could well exploit. Conversely, we''ve absolutely no pressure on us now, so it promises to be cracking game.

Alright, (Manchester) City fan here. Making the trip down to Carrow Road on Saturday. Up horrendously early for a 7:30 train from Manchester, though I do have it better than a few mates getting a coach at 4am! Should be a great game and a good trip whatever the result.

As for last night, we looked completely revitalised as a team; in reality it could easily have been a lot more than 4-0. And my god did we need it; hopefully the team might have sensed a second chance with the scum slipping up at Wigan. This game gives us the chance to see if we can translate this new lease of life to our away form. I should hope we''ll give it a better shot than we did at Arsenal, Swansea and Stoke. Hopefully Silva''s now seen the back of his dodgy spell and we might have Yaya back. Aguero seems to be right in the mood as well.

Just making sure; if my train is due into Norwich Station at about 12:10 I shouldn''t have any problems making kick off... Right? Just a bit worried cos it''s my first time going down to Norwich and it is a little bit tight.

Good luck for the rest of your season (apart from this game ;) ) You''ve had a great season, fully deserve to be where you are.

[quote user="notreallyhere"]Alright, (Manchester) City fan here. Making the trip down to Carrow Road on Saturday. Up horrendously early for a 7:30 train from Manchester, though I do have it better than a few mates getting a coach at 4am! Should be a great game and a good trip whatever the result. As for last night, we looked completely revitalised as a team; in reality it could easily have been a lot more than 4-0. And my god did we need it; hopefully the team might have sensed a second chance with the scum slipping up at Wigan. This game gives us the chance to see if we can translate this new lease of life to our away form. I should hope we''ll give it a better shot than we did at Arsenal, Swansea and Stoke. Hopefully Silva''s now seen the back of his dodgy spell and we might have Yaya back. Aguero seems to be right in the mood as well. Just making sure; if my train is due into Norwich Station at about 12:10 I shouldn''t have any problems making kick off... Right? Just a bit worried cos it''s my first time going down to Norwich and it is a little bit tight. Good luck for the rest of your season (apart from this game ;) ) You''ve had a great season, fully deserve to be where you are.[/quote]

It''s a ten-minute stroll at most to the ground. So you have some leeway if the train is a bit late.

Provided train not delayed you will be in plenty of time, ground 10 mins from station.

"the scum slipping up at Wigan"

Thought Ip5w1ch were out of the cup.

I guess you mean the green-and-yellow pretenders, though.

And yes, ground just a 10-minute walk from the station.

Cheers lads, had a look at maps and thought so, just got to hope East Midlands Trains don''t balls it up now!

What are your thoughts on the title race, by the way? I''d assume I don''t need to even bother asking the question of you how you think your season''s gone!

Ref the title race: well I guess we''d have preferred your neighbours to have won last night so that the gap was still 8 points meaning your boys might have taken their foot of the gas and settled for a safe second place. With us now safe, we''ll be able to play with a good deal of confidence so should be a good game.

[quote user="notreallyhere"]What are your thoughts on the title race, by the way?[/quote]

If I''m honest, and I''m not saying this to wind you up, I''d rather United won it. Purely because I''d see it as a victory for football over money, and Mancini''s comments about needing a bigger squad wound me up a bit too, he should try going for a walk in our shoes! Don''t expect an easy ride on Saturday, we''ve grown a lot since we played you at your place and we are just 4 points off 7th place and being the ''best of the rest''. Also the £850,000 prize money for every place you finish up the league is big money to a club of our size and every penny we earn will go into the tansfer kitty.

[quote user="notreallyhere"]I''d assime I don''t need to even bother asking the queastion of you how you think your season''s gone![/quote]

As you''d expect, we''re massively proud of what Lambert has achieved here, when he took over we were virtually bottom of the third tier and in a huge mess financially. To sit in the top half of the table with just 5 games left is an incredible achievement.

Sorry mate, but the title is Utd''s. Somehow Fergie does it every year, and take them on a huge run at the end of the season (I know they lost to Wigan Yesterday though!!) and they will probably end up winninng the title by 8/9 points. I think Saturday will be a close game, with both teams going for it. The ground, btw, is a 10 min walk at most from the station, and the away fans pub is the other side of the road from the station if you had time for a pint or 6!

Carrow Road ten minutes walk from the station? How slow do you lot walk? If you''re running late you could power walk or jog it in less than 5.

Regarding the title, I''d like to see Man City win it - I spent some years living in Manchester (and would love to go back, to be honest) and its easy to see how much more passionate and loyal the City fans are than United. I was quite embarassed when we went up there and some of our fans started singing "where were you when you were shit?" because I''ve seen myself that most of the fans in that stadium were in the same place they were during the darker days. 

Man City fans are among the top fans in the country, for my money - their many years of labouring under the shadow of United have made them appreciate what they have now all the more, and there tends to be a black humour about City''s ability to throw it away when they''ve come so close.

On Saturday, I expect City to throw everything at us.  We won''t make it easy for you, but I expect you''ll get the result you hope for, putting the pressure back on United.  Mancini may be underplaying it a little, but that''s just mind games; City smell blood and they''ll go for the kill now.

Be warned, though. Do NOT put out a central midfield pairing of Gareth Barry and James Milner. Hoolahan and Howson will make them look stupid... [:P]

Oh, and as for those suggesting that a league title is a victory over money - what planet are you living on???

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]

I was quite embarassed when we went up there and some of our fans started singing "where were you when you were shit?" because I''ve seen myself that most of the fans in that stadium were in the same place they were during the darker days.

[/quote]

I feel I should clarify, before the pedants get hold of me, that of course during most of those days those City fans were sat in Maine Road... the point is that the surroundings may be different, and the wage bill larger, but the fans are just the same...

City has always been the ''City'' club followed more by local Mancs than United. Well, it was until they became an international moneybags outfit as well.

I think I''m right in saying the last time Citeh graced the Carrow Rd turf it was also on telly, and Delia treated us to a half time rendition of her vocal talents.

Can we expect an encore at  approx 13h35 on Saturday ?

I think that might be a bit early, even for Delia.However given the pressure on both clubs it would be good if the club could get the crowd well fired up. Another £6m or so will be a massive boost for the club. Three points on Saturday will push us into ''third'' in our mini league and set us up nicely for Blackburn. A defeat could see us slip down to 5th and see three of our ''rivals'' gaining ground on us.As important as playing the paupers last year. Important game to win because of the opposition, and important for the much needed points that will keep us in the running.

[quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"]

I think I''m right in saying the last time Citeh graced the Carrow Rd turf it was also on telly, and Delia treated us to a half time rendition of her vocal talents.

Can we expect an encore at  approx 13h35 on Saturday ?

[/quote]

Remember that one. I''d take the same result!