Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

BBC's team of the week

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/3569808.stm

Henry, Van Nistlerooy, Rooney, Drobra move over.  The Premiership has a new partnership!  In all seriousness though I''d just like to flag up how well Leon has done since the turn of the year.  He''s looked like a different player.  We all know he liked to terrorise defenders but he''s looking like a real Premiership striker now.  Probably not coincidently, it''s been since Deano has arrived.  They have looked like a really excellent partnership.  Hanging onto both of them will be vital for next season, whatever league we''re in.

Well done Leon and Deano

Must agree with you DD - I have always liked Leon even during his Peterborough days and was willing Nige to sign him even before he eventually did.  Give him another season and we will have a true star on our hands.  Could never understand the stick he got earlier in the season on this board.  Probably because he went a couple of games without scoring !!!!

Agreed, Leon has looked such a better player since Ashton arrived.  Probably a mixture of Ashton''s arrival and Leon working hard to adjust to the PL.

Has anyone else noticed that Leon seems to be doing a great job in the ''helping Dean to settle in'' stakes as well?  Several times on Saturday he went over to have a chat and give him a quick pat on the back, which can only help them cement their partnership I would think.