Sign in to follow this  
Oxford Canary

Declan Rudd and next season's squad

I''ve just had a look and seen that Declan Rudd was still 20 on 1st Jan 2012 so will not be included in the 25 for next season.

It also make sense for PL to look at the likes of Fyvie and Wood since they are also under 21 and will give us the flexibility to perhaps keep Drury and Wilbraham for one more season whilst also looking at signing Rhodes and/or Rodriguez.

The same applies to Korey Smith who turned 21 later in January.

Assuming players sign new contracts, we have 25 senior players on the books. For every signing Lambert makes, he''ll let a fringe player move on, its not really an issue.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]The same applies to Korey Smith who turned 21 later in January. Assuming players sign new contracts, we have 25 senior players on the books. For every signing Lambert makes, he''ll let a fringe player move on, its not really an issue.[/quote]

Woosh[ap]

What it does show is that at least 1 of Ruddy, Rudd or Steer will not be a Norwich player within the next 3 years I reckon. While they are all young in goalkeeping terms it will get to a stage where they will want to get out and play games at a permanent club. Rather than just being continuously packed off on loan somewhere. I am certain they will all have very good careers in the game but obviously only 1 of them can play here.