Sign in to follow this  
Saint Canary

Safri

What a difference he made this Saturday.  I am not his biggest fan and he gave away too many free-kicks but it was great to see us making tackles a lot further up the pitch, one of which resulted in a goal.  We did not let Man U pass the ball around as we have other teams all season and that is why we kept a clean sheet.  A great team effort but I felt Safri had a massive impact for us by getting in United''s faces.

You''re right - he sure did make a difference and I think the defence played with more confidence because they knew they had some teeth and muscle in front of them for a change.  I didn''t mind him giving away the free kicks on Saturday too much as they weren''t in particularly dangerous positions and they simply disrupted play so Manure didn''t build up too much rhythm in their attacks.  Interesting that Damo seemed a bit more like his old self than he has done of late.  Coincidence?  I don''t think so!

agree with both of you.   as you know I have never been a Holt fan and think anyone from our squad would be better, but Safri has to be number 1 after that game.   also he may give away a lot of free kicks, but how many did he win.  Smith, Rooney and Neville all fouled him for us to get a free kick, what a great difference