Sign in to follow this  
necromancer

pre season friendlies 2012 - who would be on your "wishlist"

two of the more "exotic " pre-season tours I can remember Norwich being on were the Malaysian one of 2004 and the tour of USA in ''93, neither of which I went on but anything similar I would certainly do now. I suspect however Lambert will adopt the "if it ain''t broke don''t fix it" stance and return to the German training camp he''s used for the past 2 years.

I do however hope we find it in our hearts to send a "Norwich XI" to Ipswich to give their fans the chance to see some Premiership players!.

yep, never big crowds and you could sit in the evening sunshine on the terraces watching the game" I do however hope we find it in our hearts to send a "Norwich XI" to

Ipswich to give their fans the chance to see some Premiership players!.
"I think that would be a fine gesture, a sort of charity game. Hopefully City fans wouldn''t be too churchlish and would throw a few coins into the bucket.

The one in Malaysia was part of our sponsorship with Lotus/Proton, beautiful country and magnificent stadium which was built for the Commonwealth Games. I would love to say I was there for the football but in truth I was in Malaysia for a wedding a months earlier but did visit the stadium.

I was there for the tour, Malasia was fantastic! We stayed at the Swajana Golf Club and enjoyed the resort and the games. Most of the city fans stayed in the city centre, we had to get the rail link into the city centre. Remeber the bar decked out in Yellow and Green!

Memories!

I would love to see us tour Germany after the annual training camp, Dortmund, Franfurt or Munich please.

I can even remember going to watch the ''whites v yellows'' going back to the 1960''s.Loads of supporters turned up to watch and us kids got a chance to sit in the Main Stand!

How about a tournament with Inter Milan, Bayern Munich and Arnham - a uefa cup revisited tourneament

some quality foreign opposition at home.in recent years we have had Ajax, FC utrect, Inter milan to name but a fewhow about a Juve, Schalke or a Athletic Bilbao?

Sliema Wanderers was the first overseas club I ever watched play at Carrow Road back in the 60s...City won 5-0.

Barcelona?

Lambert had a cuppa with Guardiola fairly recently.

[quote user="GJP"]

Barcelona?

Lambert had a cuppa with Guardiola fairly recently.

[/quote]

....would be a fantastic dream if it happened!......the Camp Nou is an amazing place empty, would love to go there to watch us play an actual game!!!

I''d like to see us play either Athletic Bilbao, Napoli or Borrussia Dortmund. Three of the most interesting sides in Europe (outside of the massive clubs who we stand no chance of luring to Carrow Road) tactically speaking.

Would definitely like to see a proper German tour alongside the training camp (last year''s seemed a bit last minute) - maybe against 2.Bundesliga-level teams. I''d love Dortmund away but that might be pushing it at the moment!

In the UK I''d fancy away trips to Hitchin Town (relatively local, the Canaries, their ground has a massive yellow and green terrace - what''s not to like?), Bishop''s Stortford (right next to Stansted so can watch planes if the game is boring), and Maidstone (opening their new ground this summer).

As mentioned above, anywhere but Selhurst Park, please, please, please.

[quote user="s10_yellow"]Would definitely like to see a proper German tour alongside the training camp (last year''s seemed a bit last minute) - maybe against 2.Bundesliga-level teams. I''d love Dortmund away but that might be pushing it at the moment! In the UK I''d fancy away trips to Hitchin Town (relatively local, the Canaries, their ground has a massive yellow and green terrace - what''s not to like?), Bishop''s Stortford (right next to Stansted so can watch planes if the game is boring), and Maidstone (opening their new ground this summer). As mentioned above, anywhere but Selhurst Park, please, please, please.[/quote]...if i remember correctly Zema Abbey once played for the canaries of Hitchen town. i went to a match there in the sixties against non league wycombe wanderers. my cousin was captain of wycombe then and i was stationed just up the road at R.A.F. Henlow.

If PL knows the Scottish situation, why not go there - cheaper for supporters and more will go, more importantly he could offer a game for clubs with young Scots players we might want to sign.

Continental tours are OK for those who can afford them, but...

A tour to some of the bigger teams will be pointless as most of the main players will be at the euros?

I''d like us to play Leicester at home and Hereford at home.

If were going on a tour, Holland please. Ajax, ADO and Twente

Friendlies start after the Euros, or most do. The players don''t go straight from Euros into league games do they....

Barcelona home or away would be nice.