Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

In recent weeks, far too many to mention, I have gone in search of the absolute banker in an attempt to offer my fellow PUP''s a winner for their six. I have however, somehow manged to put a curse on every top team in Europe. Last weeks home defeat for a previously unassailable Olympiacos was the latest in a string of consecutive "unbelievable" results in which many of the top teams have lost to very lowly opposition. I''m not sure exactly how many (I''m sure Nutty can enlighten me) decent records I have managed to trash with my efforts but I believe it''s about 5 or 6 on the bounce.

Therefore, this week, I can only see one possible pick, loathe as I am to even utter the words.

Manchester City, AWAY WIN ;-) Roll on the "Scooby curse"

Sorry i''ve left it until Friday morning, after previously having a moan at people doing so for no reason. I honestly just haven''t been on my computer for more than 5 mins in the last 2/3 days.

But anyway, League One this week for me, Sheffiled United host L.Orient. United have won their last five, and our 2 points ahead of Wednesday in second, with only four games left they will really want to win this, as both have fairly similar run ins when you look at the positions (and form) of the four teams they each have to play. Orient only 4 points ahead of the relegation zone, but are in some terrible form, losing 8 of their last 10. I don''t know what position they were in before those last 10, but I bet they were thinking they wouldn''t be drawn into a relegation battle. They will probably still be safe, as Wycombe have three very hard games, while Orients other three are against mid table or relegation zone teams. But United will be too much for the team on a 4 loss streak.

Sheffield United vs Leyton Orient- Home win.

Good Luck

I''d be delighted to have a crack at this Nutty, though I''ll need plenty of help as I couldn''t tip a baby out of a pram at the moment...(not that I''d want to, obviously...)

Erm, anyway.

Following their abject performance against Wigan, Man U will surely pull their socks up and beat an Aston Villa side that seem oblivious to the fact that they are perilously close to being dragged into a scrap to stay up.

That should put the kibosh on that then.

Man United to beat Villa

Good Luck everyone[Y]

Bottom v top in Scottish 2nd Division where Stirling (4-5-7-21-25) entertain Cowdenbeath (6-6-4-27-17).Stirling v Cowdenbeath........Away win. Good luck GMF. [Y]

Alpine lager eh Nutty? That''d be the brew those nice boys from Austria drink wearing lederhosen wouldnt it? Is there a dress code at the Bayer these days?

Sheffield Utd to beat Leyton Orient for me this week. Good luck GMF!

To coin a phrase from a very popular sporting programe " I''ll go away please Sue"  Ireally fancy Peterborough to upset Mr Warnocks troops but at 11/4 it''s got no chance of being picked so i''ll plum for the safer option of

Colchester Utd V Sheff Wednesday Away Win

Good luck one and all  - obviously except for Scooby [;)]

A game from Hungary that really trips off the tongue. Well, it does in Hungarian! Kecskeméti to win at home against Zalaegerszegi.

Kecskeméti with a so-so home record of 6-2-3 and 19/10 but in form and scoring goals and moving up the table, with a chance of getting a Europa League spot.

Zalaegerszegi with a perfect, but in the wrong way, 0-0-11 and 7/23 away record, and conceding goals rather heavily. I confess I have been more confident about some previous selections than this one, but am still reasonably optimistic.

Bonne chance a tous!

Not sure if this thread is solely football bets only but Treviso +8 v Dragons worth a bet in RaboDirect Pro Rugby tonight at 10/11.  Have made good money on rugby handicap bets in the last few years and this is definitely worth an interest.  Good Luck.

Well it''s come around again and I''m a bit late this week but hopefully not too late.

I''m not sure if this one has been backed yet but I''m going to go for Malaga V Real Sociedad - Home win

Malaga have a very good record at home this season with W11 D2 L3 GF32 GA20. They have won the last 6 of the last 7 at home and two of their 3 losses have come against the top two.

Real Sociedad are prettyu poor away from home which is way they are in the bottom half of the table. Their record of W3 D3 L10 away from home speaks for it''s self. Their last win away from home was back in Jan and they have only drawn once in the six games since then.

Good luck GMF and to everyone else except Scooby who with no malice intended hope his pick crashes and burns and his loosing stretch is just that one week longer.

Davo

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Nutty, do you ever get Old Peculiers in your joint?

[/quote]

Nutty does have bad taste Old Peculier shirts.[:D]

Birmingham v Bristol City for me, HOME win.

Brummies on a good run currently, and banging the goals in.  They''ll be looking to cement their play-off place, and I can see them turning Bristol City over.

Good luck all anyway

Going for France and Lorient v Montpellier AWAY win.

18th against top, looks like Montpellier should have this relavtively easy and offers great odds of 11/10 on bet365.

Good luck to all PUPs.

Thanks all PUP''s for your selections this week. I''m finding myself torn between going for the really popular picks at really short odds on games and trying to find better value in order to raise as much money as possible. Anyway, here goes with a mixture of the two.

First up, at stupidly short odds, Real Madrid vs Sporting Gijon - Home win.

Second up, at similar odds, Ajax vs De Graafschap - Home win.

Third up, Manchester United vs Aston Villa - Home win.

Forth up, Alferton vs Luton Town - Away win.

Fifith selection, Yeovil vs Stevenage - Home win.

And finally, looking for value, no one has so far picked it but I''m sure we all want this one to come in (Crystal Palace vs 1p5wich Town - Home win. 

Manchester United vs Aston Villa - HOME WINNo way will United drop points twice in a week. Especially against Villa who if there is any justice in this world, could still find themselves sucked into a relagation battle.

Thank you for these GMF. It looks a good strategy to me and fortune favours the brave. We''ve got a good mix here. Once again a mix that reflects the various picking qualities of our group. The power of the PUPs will be willing them on for sure.

I have placed the bet with 365 and the potential return is an exciting £204.90. The details are here : -

Bet DetailsDate/TimeStakeReturn
Crystal Palace @ 7/4
Yeovil @ 17/10
Luton @ 1/1
Real Madrid @ 1/16
Ajax @ 1/16
Man Utd @ 2/9
6 Folds, 1 bet * £10.00
13/04/2012 21:36:2710.000.00
Total for this period 10.000.00

Crystal Palace, Yeovil and Luton get the ball rolling at 3pm tomorrow followed by Real Madrid at 7. That leaves us two Sunday games when Ajax kick off at 1:30 and finally Man Utd at 4pm.

Good luck GMF and all you PUPs except for...............

Scooby[;)]

Sorry I''m late - only just back from holiday...unexciting pick of Real Madrid win for me please     Heres hoping for both a City and PUPs win

Despite their Champs league semi iminent, my nap is -

Real Madrid - home win.  They should still be too strong for gijon and won''t want to let Barca close the gap to 1 point in the league

What an fantastic potential return for those picks![:O]  I think that would be a record win?

Good luck everyone, the very best of luck GMF[:)][Y]

Wow Yeovil lost 6-0. went for a better odds pick and unfortunately it didn''t pay off :( And despite Martin''s effort, Palace game was a draw, and Luton a draw. Unlucky GMF

It certainly wasn''t our day today. But we''ll be back again next week. Gary buddy - it wasn''t meant to be this time. But you''ll be back next year too[Y]

Crashed and burnt! All I can say is thank god Yaya didn''t start! Chris Martin did his bit but it wasn''t enough and I never saw the Yeovil result coming!

The best bit about PUP''s is that we live to fight another week!

OTBC

Crashed and burnt! All I can say is thank god Yaya didn''t start! Chris Martin did his bit but it wasn''t enough and I never saw the Yeovil result coming!

The best bit about PUP''s is that we live to fight another week!

OTBC