Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week thirty two of the Rays Funds for FONCY season. After last weeks near thing with Shack our next win must surely be just around the corner. This week its the turn of another of our top PUPs GMF to be in charge and making the final selections. GMF has been with us since the early days when he posted as GazzaTCC. I remember Ray saying we had another good un on board as Gazza selected winner after winner. Last season GMF’s week was one of those freaks where the bankers went down and us PUPs only managed to get 33% success with our naps. I always feel sorry for the picker when that happens and I’ve been looking forward to GMF having another go ever since. We owe him PUPs so let’s dig deep to find the ammunition Gary will need to get us the win we all deserve. Don’t forget your selection must be on Bet365 if it’s to be considered for the final six.

Now talking about that restriction our great friend Purple is doing a little research for us for next season. He’s trying to find out if there’s a way we can widen the choice. It’s that spirit and commitment that convinces me we won’t have to worry about our future. Thank you Purple.

Because we started late this season it looks like we will only have 36 weeks to pick. Luckily none of last year’s Fab 40 have missed out because 10 of them haven’t taken part this season. So for the last 6 weeks of the season PUPs from outside last year’s Fab40 have been getting a turn. I wish I could do better than that. I wish there was a way all of you could have a turn but there’s just not enough weeks in the season for that to happen. The next two from last season’s PUPs League are Duncan Edwards and Mister Chops. So provisionally the rota for May will be : -

May 5th Duncan Edwards

May 12th Mister Chops

Please confirm that these weeks will be ok.

So now Ill hand the thread over to GMF. Remember theres no pressure because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get your name in the Free Bet Hall of fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy.

Good luck all you PUPs... Take it away Gary ... the free bet is yours....... [:)]................

As always I leave you with Rays signature which now reads :-

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,2,NewYork, Inch High,3, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker,3, Norfolkbroadslim, Norfolkchance1, Scooby,2, Trent Canary, Cosmic Twin, Graham Humphrey, Leedscanary, NcfcStar, Herman, Delia’s Devonshire Dirtbox, Lappinitup, Statto, yes Norfolkchance1 £1509 for the Academy,so far.

Sliding down the league being let down by so called "bankers" leads me to this offering from Holland

Feyenoord v Excelsior - Home Win

Feyenoord are 5th (9-3-2 31-14 home), Excelsior are 2nd bottom (0-3-11 9-39 away). Last 8 games form, Feyenoord 5-2-1, Excelsior 1-1-6.

Yep, should be another home banker!!!

Best of luck GMF, and all you PUPs

Germany again.2nd division.

EINTRACHT FRANKFURT      v   fc erzgebirge aue

HOME 10-4-0  +24                                   away 3-4-8      -16

Good luck GMF and all PUPS!

MMMK - Sheffield Utd -v- Leyton Orient HOME WIN

MM - Real Madrid -v- Sporting Chicken Goujons HOME WIN

Good Luck GMF and all PUPs

Alright there, me lovely old muckers.  I''ve got a bit of a fancy on this week for AJAX who are playing on Sunday against De Graafschaap.  Now I''m not one for progressive rock music and De Graafschaap sound a bit like Van De Graaf Generator who are a terrible band.  If you add to that the fact that Ajax are top and De Graaf are bottom, you will understand my reasoning.  Well, good luck to you lovely old folk this week  and I hope to see my name in lights shortly.

Good evening to you Nutty,very good luck for this weekend GMF and to all you other PUPs out there.

Now before i get round to my pick for this week i understand that The Bayer Club where Nutty is chief bingo caller and head bog cleaner are now stocking a new lager for their punters.Has anyone ever heard of Alpine Lager at 2.8 abv? Dear God it sounds like a toilet cleaner and at 2.8abv toilet cleaner would probably get you pi**ed quicker ! I never thought i would ever print this but......bring back the Taddy[:''(]

Right now then down to this weekend and surely a HOME WIN for MAN UTD v Aston Villa.

CRAWLEY -v- AFC Wimbledon    HOME WIN

Crawley are 13-4-3 (43-20) at home, Wimbledon are 6-4-11 (22-33) away.

Good Luck GMF and all you Lovely PUPs[:)]

Man Utd Vs Aston Villa - Home win.

Reaction from Man United will be required to avoid building pressure ahead of the derby at the end of the month.

Bor brought back a memory for me there. Back in my school days I went to see Van De Graaf Generator. We went with our history teacher but don''t quite understand that connection[:S]

And I don''t think Tilly will be drinking this Alpine lager. It''s not aimed at the status market! At £2.20 pint it''s VFM along side Yorkshire Bitter and Dark Mild at £2. Five pints for a tenner or two? It''s called choice[;)] But at Tilly''s time of life being unable to find your way home should be a thing of the past[;)]

As for my pick. Sheffield Utd won their last 5 scoring 17 goals while Orient lost their last 4 conceding 11 goals. Looks as nailed on as nailed on can be!

Sheffield United       v       Leyton Orient          Home Win

Good luck everyone.

Birmingham vs Bristol City.

Birmingham need to keep winning to secure a play off spot and they will have too much for Bristol City who are hoping to stay up.

Birmingham city Home win.

Also going for a home win for Real Madrid v. Sporting Gijon.

Real Madrid are W13 D2 L1 F60 A17 at home and Sp Gijon are W2 D3 L11 F14 A39 away.

Good Luck, GMF!

Tough week, will go with Santos to beat Catanduvense in Brazil.Santos are third, 7/1/1 at home scoring 24 goals in the process (Led by Neymar), Catanduvense are 2/3/4 away and are second bottom.Im not convinced by this one at all, but the volume of goals Santos score should see them home.Best of luck all.

MAN UTD v Aston Villa - HOME WIN.I''m hoping we will relegate Villa on the last day of the season!Good Luck GMF and Tilly, not even us northerners drink the Yorkshire Bitter or Mild anymore! God knows where Nuttys drayman is coming from. The 1970''s by the sounds of it!Leedscanary

League Two for me this week and playoff-chasing Crewe (unbeaten in 12 matches) will surely win at woeful Macclesfield (no win in 19 and sliding inexorably towards relegation).Good luck GMF and all PIPs.

[quote user="1eed5canary"] Tilly, not even us northerners drink the Yorkshire Bitter or Mild anymore! God knows where Nuttys drayman is coming from. The 1970''s by the sounds of it!

Leedscanary
[/quote]

Nuttys shirts most certainly come from the 1970''s Kev.[:''(]

[quote user="1eed5canary"]Good Luck GMF and Tilly, not even us northerners drink the Yorkshire Bitter or Mild anymore! God knows where Nuttys drayman is coming from. The 1970''s by the sounds of it!

Leedscanary
[/quote]

Now it''s all very well you coming on here with your "northerners know best" posts Kev. But, as Tilly is usually quick to point out, you lot put gravy on your chips! So I really don''t see all you lot  in your flat caps playing dommies with yer chips and gravy supping those poncy lagers that Tilly loves to drink[;)]

[quote user="1eed5canary"]
Good Luck GMF and Tilly, not even us northerners drink the Yorkshire Bitter or Mild anymore! God knows where Nuttys drayman is coming from. The 1970''s by the sounds of it!

Leedscanary
[/quote]

Masham is the home of Yorkshire Ale and you can''t beat a lovely pint of Rigglewelter or Old Peculier fresh from the breweries on a hot summers day[Y]

Nutty, do you ever get Old Peculiers in your joint?

Morning all fellow PUP''s. Really looking forward to making the final selections this week.

Having just looked through the selections so far, there''s 13 different matches picked, so keep them coming, as I''ll probably make my final choices around 8 o''clock tonight.

As for my pick, I really can''t see anything but a comfortable home win for Manchester United vs Villa. 

Good luck this week GMF, it looks like there are some great picks already out there.  I''m going to stay in England, where I expect:Sunderland to beat WolvesGood luck GMF and all you Pup''s.