Sign in to follow this  
Normann Canary

who has the toughest/easiest last six games?....

out of us, palace, southampton and WBA? Given that these are the games remaining...

NCFC (23 points: 23home/0away)
games:

AWAY: Palace, S''hampton, Ful''m
HOME: Char'', New'', Birm

Palace (26 points: 18home/8away)
games:

AWAY: Black'', New'', Char''.
HOME: NCFC, Pool, S''hampton.

Southampton (27 points: 21home/6away)
games:

AWAY: Bolt'', Port'', palace.
HOME: Villa. NCFC, Man U

WBA (28points: 19home/9away)
games:

AWAY: Tott'', Midd, Man U
HOME: Black'', Arse'', Port''

Apart from the fact that we are well behind on points, I think WBA have the toughest, with three big away games and arsenal at home... and saints the "easiest", palace then us.

What do you all reckon?

Personally I think WBA have by far the hardest run in - although arguably they have been playing the best out the struggling sides recently. However, their advanced position may be false as they have played the easier teams already, where as we have had Arsenal and Man Utd recently. WBA also have to travel to Spurs and Middlesboro for their next two games - max 1 point there. We have Palace away and Newcastle (on a midweek game) at home, so hopefully at least 4 pts. That puts us 2 pts behind them/. Then they still have Man Uts and Arsenal to come, so if they are still battling for second place, and Fergie doesn''t do his old mate any favours, I reckon WBA are heading back to the Championship.

Palace and Southampton have pretty much similar run ins to us. The games away to those sides for us are so vital. We must win them both. If we do, I seriously think we can win all of our remaining home games if the crowd gets behind the team like yesterday, and we play like that too....And that just leaves Fulham away! Nail biting time!

agreed poirot, we do have to win both games WBA and Saints. If either of them take points from us, the harder our task is, and it''s hard enough already. I''ll be waiting eagerly for sat, and palace, our survival rests on that game really, we could take a draw, but a loss could be fatal... but then again there are still 15 points to grab after...C''MON CITY!

If you want to have a real go at predicting who has the hardest/easiest run-in, try looking at the bbc footy website and try their premiership predictor. According to me we''ll finish six points clear of relegation!

Then again, my predictions may have been ever so slightly biased!

The great escape is going to happen!!

EASY!EASY!EASY!EASY!

Hard to say really.

At this stage in the season so much depends on how the opposition feel - remember 1985 !! Fulham away could be quite a tricky game but then if theyre safe and field a side of teenagers while we need a win we''ll stroll it.

Which Man U side will turn up at Soton ?

All city''s remaining games are winnable but then all are loseable.  I thought Blackburn away was a key game to pick up that first away win but look what happened there.

West Brom have the toughest run in on paper BUT there are two home games there I think they will win  - Blackburn + Portsmouth.  That would give us a target of 35 points even if they pick up nothing from the other 4 games.

If we stay up its going to be by the skin of our teeth and its going to be tough !!!

Anything less than 6 points from the Palace Soton games and I think its game over.

As Palace and Southampton have to play each other, one or both of them will drop points. If we win our games against them it is in our own hands, as WBA have the hardest run in.