Sign in to follow this  
super dave

chris wood

Big unit, in the mold of Holt, young and hungry, New Zealand international, on loan at Bristol after spending the first half on loan at Birmingham.

Potential to be a very good player, but so did Andy Carroll!

A quick look at wiki shows that he scored 8 goals in 9 games at one stage for Birmingham this season...9 in 31 at Brighton is decent, but not so prolific anywhere else. 6ft 3, 20 years old must have a bit of talent!

Born 7/12/91 --> 20 years old

6'' 2" tall

New Zealand international

Currently on loan at Bristol City.....joined WBA in 2009

Has been on loan with Brighton    22+7 apps  8 goals

Birmingham  13+10 apps   9 goals 

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Norwich-plotting-swoop-for-West-Brom-striker-Chris-Wood-article888889.html

I don''t think Lambert will sign him, Morison might be out of form at the minute, but he''s not going to off load him for Wood imo.

He is a player everyone has been hyping up for a couple of years. I seem to remember him impressing people at the World Cup a couple of years ago, and was a big unit even at 18.

He has never really gone on to live up to some of the expectations, with a good loan spell at Birmingham but some other less impressive performances for WBA. He seems like a classic Lambert purchase to me though, and would be seen as a long term successor to Holt. Would be pleased if Norwich signed him but wouldn''t expect to much from him straight away.

Agreed Bethnal. As long as the price isn''t so high that it greatly impacts on the signing of players who could make a more instant impact next season, I would see him as a bit of a long term replacement for Holt. It certainly wouldn''t hurt him to be training alongside Holty and the rest of the lads.

However, if this is true, then it maybe doesn''t look so good for Wilbraham. Wilbs is out of contract isn''t he? He has been used as a back up squad player this season, which I think Woods would have to be until he improves a bit with age. So does that mean he takes Wilbraham''s place? Or just have him in as an extra striker as well?

He would certainly meet PL''s requirement of "young", but I have no idea whether he could be a hungry player with team commitment. Can anyone comment on this?

Presumably he would be "one for the future", perhaps to replace Wilbraham when he (eventually) goes, or when Holt retires or Morison leaves?

If Wood is brought in to replace anyone, I think it will be C. Martin rather than Wilbraham, whose contract I would imagine will be extended by a year.

Lambert certainly likes a big unit or two up front.

With good service behind him, can easily be a good prospect for the future.

Seriously, if Holt can mentor him.  I can see him being a possible target... unless some Journo has tried to be clever and made it all up by imagining a 11 year younger Holt.

Fits the Lambert mold.

He''s a big unit & at only 20 will surely fill out even more.

He did well at Brighton in League 1 & again so with Birmingham this season in the Championship.

He''s a big target man so I wouldn''t just look at his goals record, although it is decent for a youngster.

I''ve seen him play a few games and looks rather handy. At 20 he is well worth the gamble, he''s not too slow either.

I think if Wilbraham is on his way out then to me this sort of makes sense. Why have a 30+ player that is only likely to get game time when the other players are out of form?

On another note at 20 he would not count as part of the squad in terms of players that have to be named - a factor maybe.